Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 341.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Which release for HP Proliant N36L

Enra - - General

This one openmediavault_4.0.14-amd64.iso from here: sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/4.0.14/ runs perfectly on my N54L.

• The tuning tips did not change performance dramatically. For me, these steps brought reasonable speed: Mount manually. Do not use nemo. Use parameters "vers=3.0" and "cache=loose" in fstab.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Did you add any of the tuning parameters from the tuning threads? ” ...too stupid, to find them. You have a link for me? But in the meantime I investigated a little bit more and found out that cache=loose on the client-side enhances the perfomance dramatically: File replacement on the server-side is now 20 MByte/s (coming from 300kByte/s). But this also reduced download speeds to 20 MByte/s. Here my actual mount: Source Code (1 line) I'm not trying to get the last 10%. I'…

• Quote from subzero79: “Also I would try not mount with nemo. Test using the mount smb command manually. ” Good point. I mounted manually with an entry in fstab: Source Code (1 line)and Source Code (1 line)in the terminal. Now things go crazy: Up- and download speeds rise up to 40 MBytes/s. That quite OK and expected. When I replace a file on the client-side, the speed drops down to 20 MByte/s, which is acceptable. But if I replace a file on the server-side, the speed drops down to 300 kByte/s. T…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Do you have any samba optimizations in extra options on the samba settings tab? ” No, nothing at all.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Are you sure the wireless is connecting at the same speed on Linux Mint? My xps13 doesn't on Ubuntu 18. Samba speed is just fine with a usb network adapter. ” Yes it does. Checked it with iwconfig. I tested also with an usb adapter. Of cource better, but the ratio between SMB and SSH was the same. SMB was also poor.

• Hi, I've got very poor samba performance (r/w) from my LinuxMint Laptop (dual-boot) to my OMV-server. Speed (r/w) with LinuxMint: SMB: 3 MB/s (mounted with nemo) SSH: 40 MB/s Speed (r/w) with Win10: SMB: 35 MB/s Client: Dual-boot laptop with WiFi AC (connected above 600 mb/s). Win10 LinuxMint 18.3 cinnamon Server: HP-N54L (connected 1gb/s, wired) OMV 4.0.14-1 So, obvisously there is a problem with the SMB Mint-Client and the server. Which experience have other users with minit or ubuntu client? …

• WannaCry malware threat to OMV?

Enra - - General

Hi, Quote from Nibb31: “AFAIK it affects Windows, ” but I am relatively sure that WannCry is able to encrypt your data on an OMV share. So take care.

• VPN over a VPN

Enra - - Network

Quote from Edge: “So I could connect to my NAS by connecting mysef to the VPN server on the router without having to setup a second VPN server on my NAS to access it ? ” Usually it works exactly this way. I say "usually" cause I don't know your setup. In my case I have an OpenVPN Server on my router and connect from outside using a "tun" interface. And I have firewall rules to allow the traffic between my lan and the VPN network.

• VPN over a VPN

Enra - - Network

Hi, Quote from Edge: “But i have a VPN server on my router, and I also want to access my NAS over the web ” that is exactly what you need to access your NAS over the web. Or did I misunderstand something? Or do you have an VPN-CLIENT on your router?

• Nginx several websites, different domains

Enra - - Plugins

Du nutzt ja sicherlich einen DynDNS Dienst, um auf deinen Server aus dem I-Net zuzugreifen. Versuche mal, da mehrere Namen anzulegen, wie z.B.: nextcloud-happy.mydns.com wordpress-happy.mydns.com Wenn die beide auf die Adresse deines Routers zeigen, könnte das funktionieren.

• Hi Fax, in the meantime I came to a similar solution. But I must admit that your script is much more sophisticated than mine. Two notes: A) As my Lede router redirects to https, I use this wget-command to pull and store the keyfile as /run/keyfile: wget --no-check-certificate -P /run -t 10 192.168.1.1/keyfile B) My init-script uses # Required-Start: $network For the services depending on the data-disc like MySQL I had an # Required-Start: $luks-unlock in the /etc/init.d/mysql script. But that wa…

Enra - - Plugins

Du musst das in deinem Client eintragen. Nicht auf der OMV Box.

Enra - - Plugins

Quote from happyreacer: “funktioniert leider trotzdem nicht. ” Ähh, was genau? Die Namensauflösung?

Enra - - Plugins

Bei der Fritte wohl schwer: ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=89908 Ansonsten in der Datei /etc/hosts hinzufügen: 192.168.1.10 server1.lan 192.168.1.10 server2.lan

• Low Speed copy via network

Enra - - Network

@morevsky How is your smb speed compared to SFTP? And how is your box/client connected?

Enra - - Plugins

Deutsch ist gut! Im Browser gibst du den Namen deines Servers ein. myserver1.lan Der Browser muss das dann allerdings in eine IP Adresse "auflösen", um ein TCP Verbindung aufbauen zu können. Das Auflösen passiert über DNS (und/oder lokale "hosts" Datei). Hast du Windows? Dann kannst du das in einem CMD Fenster testen (nslookup fragt den DNS Server ab): C:\nslookup myserver1.lan Wenn der DNS Server den Eintrag nicht kennt, muss man da nachhelfen. Entweder den DNS Server (i.A. der Router) entsprec…

Enra - - Plugins

Quote from happyreacer: “server1.lan ’s server DNS address could not be found. ” You have to point your DNS to your OMV server. This can be done in your routers host-file, if possible, or on your local hosts file. For example: 192.168.1.10 server1.lan 192.168.1.10 server2.lan

Enra - - Network

Did you also check SFTP performance?

Enra - - Network

Hi tinh_x7, I use KSysGuard Btw: do you encouter the same behaviour?