Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 59.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have been using the WebDav plugin since OMV 2 and I am pretty happy with its simplicity and performance. I wanted to ask if it would be possible to update the WebDav plugin so it could admit several mount points from different shared folders/disks or maybe it would be pretty hard to accomplish it via a plugin. Thanks in advance to all devs for making it easier for the users

• Wakealarm only wakes once

jfromeo - - Plugins

Quote from myscha: “Yes, I know. The advantage of the wakealarm plugin is that it is very comfortable to have more than only a few wakeup times and you can adjust the times easily. Using the scheduled jobs does not offer that comfort. Edit: And it doesn't explain why the stock version or my version above don't work. ” I am in your same situation. Wakealarm only works the first time after the shut down. The rtcwake workaround works every time, but it is more comfortable to scheduled it from the p…

• Thank you for the input. I am using the plugins Wakealarm and Autoshutdown, and they both work flawlessly. Besides, I have WoL activated in the BIOS, so I can power up the NAS on demand.

• Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from jfromeo: “So the idea is to use the 2,5" HDD for the "everyday" downloads and seeds, and each week, organize and "pull" from it the files downloaded that week into the NAS folders. I have a "smb" user with "xxx" password", UID 1000, GID 65534 (nobody group) with -rw permission on the 2,5" HDD from the router (/etc/passwd), and a "smb" user with the same "xxx" password, UID 1000, GID 100 (users group) locally on OMV for the smb shares. For example, on a local machi…

• Quote from flmaxey: “I'm not exactly sure what your scenario is: From OMV's perspective, are you pushing from OMV to the router/external drive combo? If that's the case, it doesn't matter what you use (Rsync, FTP, etc.); the process would require "write access" to the router attached drive. If you can see the router/drive if filesystems, with remote mount, you have at least "read" access but that's not enough to push files to the external drive. With read access only, you'd get an error on the f…

• I have a Linksys WRT1900ACS router with LEDE and a USB3.0 2,5" HDD connected 24/7 to it. I have created a SMB share and a remote mount via the OMV plugin to it. Everything works fine, I have access from the NAS to the SMB folder, I see the share is mounted in /srv...etc What would be the ideal way in terms of speed to "pull" the files from that SMB folder on my network to the shared folders on the NAS? Security is not an issue here as both are on my local network and no one else has access to it…

• Teamviewer host not changing password

jfromeo - - Plugins

No, I dononly for curiosity, do you have pihole instaled?. Quote from raulfg3: “I suspect that Teamviewer need some ping or response from internet and my pihole block it and that is the reason, but I can't be sure. ” No I don't. I have installed the Teamviewer plugin on a fresh install of OMV 4.0.17-1 and it works on the go, getting a correct ID from the web panel and accepting incoming connections from my Teamviewer client on Windows. So it seems to be some sort of incompatibility with other pl…

jfromeo - - Plugins

Quote from raulfg3: “sorry, no good news here. I still have a unusuable TeamViwer install. I google a lot and still do not find any usefull info to solve it. ” Thank you. I will let you know if I manage to get it to work.

jfromeo - - Plugins

Quote from raulfg3: “only see this error: oct 19 19:08:51 vbox systemd[1]: teamviewerd.service: PID file /var/run/teamviewerd.pid not readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory But directory exist and PID is correct: root@vbox:~# cd /var/run root@vbox:/var/run# cat /var/run/teamviewerd.pid 4942root@vbox:/var/run# perhaps permision of this file?: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4 oct 19 19:08 teamviewerd.ipc -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4 oct 19 19:08 teamviewerd.pid nope: change permision is not th…

• Openmediavault 4.0.17-1 and Wakelaarm 3.3 installed I have just installed wakealarm and still not configured any rule, but in the syslog I am getting this type of messages every minute since then (90 out of latest 100 messages are identical to this one): Source Code (1 line)Is it a normal behaviour? Should I ignore them? Thanks in advance.

• Quote from votdev: “This is a bug in the Debian Python package. If you like, then report is to the Debian project, otherwise it will not be fixed by them. ” Thank you. I will read how to report it as I had never done it before

• I am running OMV 4.0.16-1 and whenever I install a new plugin I got the following error in the dialog window: Source Code (9 lines)Content of line 117 in weakref.py: Source Code (9 lines) Everything works as expected after it. Is it a common behaviour? Does it imply anything wrong? Thanks in advance.

• Quote from flmaxey: “In the GUI, set the container restart policy to "always". If your server is up, the container will start and restart if necessary. I'm using a container with this policy and, so far, it have been flawless. If the server is running, the container is running. ________________________________________ (Note the following is my opinion - others may have a different view.) Regarding containers with an auto update function: I would say, "use that at your own risk". For a container …

• Docker-CE 17.12.0 on OMV 4.0.15-1. I have several container images (from LinuxServer.io) and I have several questions about them: - Is there any way to make them to be autostarted whenever the server boots? I see there is a restart policy field but I am not sure it will autostart it at booting. Do the containers or the docker plugin include an autoupdate function or should I updated them manually (creating newer images then)? I have several messages from Plex client asking to be updated to lates…

• Quote from macom: “Quote from jfromeo: “forcing me to maintain 2 copies of all the pictures, one in the sourcer folder and another one in the cache disk where the container is running. ” Would it be a solution to install the program on Debian parallel to OMV? ” Thank you! I will try.

• I am looking for a plugin/docker image to set up a gallery webserver with personal pictures to be seen/accessed/tagged/downloaded by the family. It does not need to be accessed for more than 1-2 users at the same time, but it needs to be powerful enough to manage a very large set of pictures. I have around 20+ years of pictures (400GB) and more to come in a near future. So, I have tested the following docker images from linuxserver.io - Piwigo. Great piece of software, but it needs a database an…

• Quote from votdev: “Because of unknown reasons the files are not removed by the package management. The commit github.com/openmediavault/open…b9c6e56cd621371c15d69122e will fix that in openmediavault 4.0.15. ” Thank you for the great support!

• Quote from votdev: “I am wondering now because OMV4 does not have the openmediavault-issue scripts anymore which are reported in your journal. They should have been removed during the package installation automatically. ” Mmm... maybe because it was an upgrade (omv-release-upgrade), not a fresh install?

• Quote from votdev: “Which version are you using? I expect OMV3. If possible, upgrade to OMV4 which has some improvements related to this issue. ” Thank you for the quick response. Sorry I forgot the tag in the OP. I am running latest 4.0.14-1 arrakis. Curiously enough, in 3.0.94 erasmus I have it working with no issues (both WOL and Link-Aggregation). I got arrakis configured and running at 100% except for this issue.

• Good evening. I have 2 NICs, Intel i-210 (eth0) and Intel i-219 (eth1) to which I cannot make any configuration changes either in CLI mode (omv-firstaid) or in the webUI (Network tab), as I always get this error: Source Code (3 lines) In details: Source Code (9 lines) If I enter "systemctl status networking.service" I get: Source Code (17 lines) And if I enter "journalctl -xe" I get: Source Code (20 lines) The main drawbacks are: - I cannot activate wake-on-lan so I have to go physically to powe…