Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 410.

• Hrm, it's not quite as all singing all dancing as I had hoped. I appear to only be getting one email for this thread. For this to work, I need it to spam me. Even once viewed I didn't get a further email so their must be a time out.

• Well, having thought about how I can best work round this for now, I have come to the conclusion that a separate email and app with instant notifications are the best option in the meantime. My default mail app only has audible notifications and badges because I get too much mail already. This approach would increase that amount, so it needs segregation. Will trial and see how it goes Just in case anyone else would like to do this, on my iPhone I did the following: 1. Create an email account jus…

• +1 I am checking manually [and not regularly at that] but am missing a ton so the forum experience is miserable for me. Just to add though, the plugin is active but it needs troubleshooting. Something to do with the forums anti spam is interfering with it. Specifically, the Tapatalk devs logged in and can see the the forum is throwing a 500 error to the app. The Tapatalk devs have said they will help and are waiting ready... BUT - they need the forum logs to see why the error is being thrown. I …

• @Flaschie @hoppel118 Something else that may be of interest is this: github.com/rouben/zfswatcher It's a fork of this: zfswatcher.damicon.fi/ with some improvements and bug fixes for more recent OS versions. Just grab the .deb or compile from git, enter SMTP info and you're set.

• Good stuff KbsPi3R.jpg

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “What if I add a tab to the apttool plugin that shows packages on hold? ” Perfect

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Click it again. Way too much work for something that will be rarely used. ” How easy would a 'Show holds' button be?

• Quote from vcp_ai: “How can I know if current kernel is in Hold status or not ?Ther is no visual indication on GUI. May be you can disable the button that is not applied. I.E: - If kernel is in hold status, only Unhold button is enabled, and opposite... Regards ” You can see what is held with: Source Code (1 line) For example, I see: Source Code (2 lines) Not sure how easy the variable hold button would be to implement, but another option is a "Show Status" or "Show Holds" button that gives the …

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from ellnic: “so is this something that's being considered? Ubuntu I mean. Or is this just a wish list thing at the moment? ” If being officially considered by me, then yes I tried to convince Volker to swtich for OMV 4.x. ” I wonder if this will happen for OMV 5.... @votdev is this a possibility? Quote from flmaxey: “The ACL add-on is a "patch" that's stored in extended file attributes. There can be interesting and odd effects when basic and extended permissions cl…

• I'm not trying to pick apart your post, but it's easier to multi-quote for a large chunk: Quote from flmaxey: “Frankly, I'm not a fan of ZFS. Out of the box, ZoL requires a handful of tweaks to "approximate" Linux permissions. ” Do you mean permissions for data in your pool? Ie. Files and folders - POSIX permissions? If so, these don't differ wether you use FreeNAS or OMV. They're just POSIX permissions. Quote from flmaxey: “However, in the search for something that would protect long term data …

• @sbocquet to my knowledge, older kernels with newer ZFS versions is not an issue. It was just an issue with 4.16 needing 0.7.9. @flmaxey A couple of years ago I wouldn’t have considered Ubuntu as an option for anything critical or stable.. in recent years that has changed. I’ve been thinking quite a bit about it over the last couple of days and the more I think about it, the more I think Ubuntu may actually be a better choice for OMV 5. Some boring stuff you probably don’t need to know but led t…

• It does work with the latest kernel. It just doesn’t work with the latest kernel/version of ZFS combo in Debian’s own repos - this will change - soon. In the meantime you can enable OMV extras testing to get the latest ZFS version, which works just fine with kernel 4.16. It’ll take you 10 minutes tops. You should ideally export a pool before moving it to a new OS, but it’s not essential if you absolutely know it’s not in use elsewhere. It’s just not best practice to skip that step. You can use t…

• Quote from hoppel118: “By the way, since my upgrade from omv3 to omv4, I didn't do a pool upgrade. If I look at my pool status, I see the following message: Source Code (25 lines)Now where omv4 is stable, I want to upgrade my pool. I don’t think that I ever get back to omv3. Are there any known issues with upgrading the pool? How long does the 'zpool upgrade' take (min, hours or days)? Regards Hoppel ” It’s usually seconds. I’ve upgraded all of mine. I think the concern is that if you upgrade: w…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “It must not have written the mntent uuid to the custom zfs property. Can you look in the properties for omvzfsplugin:uuid to see if it is there? ” Out of interest, where is this located? Edit: Just checked another box with OMV and it fixes it on that too.

• I used to have the opinion that Ubuntu was unstable, but it really has improved in recent years. I have a box here running 16.04, and it's solid. A simple apt-get and zfs is up and running too I wouldn't be [entirely] opposed to a change to Ubuntu, but I still think Debian is better

• Have added comment Edit: So can this be marked off as solved now? Solution is: Enable OMV extras Testing, Update to latest version, export/import pools via GUI. Disable Testing afterward if desired.

• Quote from MasterChillerX: “So the ZFS Plugin was updatet today and erverything works fine with a fresh installed and updatet omv 4.1.7 with 4.16.0.bpo.1. Massive thanks to subzero79 and ryecoaaron for updating the plugin and helping a novice like me ” Nice. I have just updated the plugin here too, and can confirm that I now see ZFS pools in the dropdown. Go to the ZFS tab first and accept the config changes, then to the shared folders - and they are there! Nice work @ryecoaaron and @subzero79 @…

• I'm sure this kind of thing doesn't happen often, first time it's happened that I can remember in how ever many years of using Debian. There must be a Godzilla bug in the 4.14/5 kernels that they've discovered. The hold buttons will still be of great use once everyone is upgraded and settled on 4.16, then it's time to press hold and leave it alone unless you have good reason. I don't see a problem with having the 4.9 stable kernel by default, but think an option in the GUI to move to backports s…

• @Blabla You shouldn't have to delete your data. This is annoying, I know, but there are workarounds. I know BTRFS if an option, but I'm sticking to ZFS for the time being. Is it just SMB/AFP shares you are missing?

• @votdev we've had a response from Tapatalk about 'get thread' error: "when the App tries to get topic from the forum, the forum's server throws back a 500 internal error. I'll send a note to the forum admin to see if anything has been done recently. I'll ask if they could send us any error log there may be associated with Tapatalk usage. PHP, web service and the application log. See if you could request the same. Thanks." Is it possible to get these logs for them?