Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Download old RP3 OMV images

tkaiser - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “"Doesn't work with an R-PI 3B+" ” Wrong. OMFG, why is everything related to RPi such a mess? I disable notifications for this thread now and try to forget about these crappy Raspberries and the surroundings...

tkaiser - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “Again, with the appropriate "read me" file ” C'mon. Spend yourself half an hour and write such a readme and chances are higher to convince @ryecoaaron to upload the old image again. None of the developers wants to waste time on preparing stuff for no reason.

• Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

tkaiser - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I will reflash. ” Then you might want to have a look below /usr/lib/armbian/ (the zram and armbian-ramlog stuff, currently happily co-existing with flashmemory plugin)

tkaiser - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “What bug? My renegade image is working well. ” As already mentioned we made some important changes in Armbian affecting the various optimization/monitoring services that run at boot. We added some features (e.g. zram based compressed ramlog), splitted some service so they got new names but my OMV installation routine still used the old locations (I fixed this stuff the last days). Based on timestamps I fear both RK3328 images were affected...

tkaiser - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “If it's about package support and breaking 3.0 plugin's, all of these images would have the same problem(s)? Right? ” Nope, all those images are 'pure Debian' and not that RPi mess (the lousiest SBC causing the most work). But thanks for the reminder. I asked @ryecoaaron already to delete all those OMV3 ARM images (except the one for ODROID-C1 since due to crappy kernel situation this board can't run Debian Stretch). He didn't want to for whatever reasons (I really don't car…

tkaiser - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “While it would be slow, someone could probably install armbian and use the utility to install OMV just like the image if they had to have OMV 3 (no idea why). ” There's no Armbian for Raspberries though armbian-config's optimized install routine should work on Raspbian (at least it did when I tried out OMV 4 the first time last year... on a RPi). So there's only Raspbian as an option and users don't find the older Jessie based Raspbian variants which would be a requiremen…

tkaiser - - General

Quote from soerenderfor: “Back to the blinking cursor, and still no IP address. Thanks, for your time ” Ok, then for you to enjoy OMV it's choosing an Armbian Stretch image from dl.armbian.com/tinkerboard/ and then using armbian-config to install an optimized OMV 4 version as outlined here: OMV4 on ARM boards (kind of a how-to) @ryecoaaron: can you please delete the Tinkerboard image from sourceforge.net/projects/openm…ngle%20Board%20Computers/ and while you're at it please replace Renegade and …

• Quote from piberry999: “I’d recommend the latest Pi which is the Raspberry Pi 3 model B+. It has new features including a dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless LAN and faster Ethernet. I believe it also has more onboard memory. ” No, it has only 1 GB RAM (since more is impossible). Yes, Wi-Fi is faster. The 'faster' Ethernet is not always faster since the RPi folks didn't do some research first and chose a crappy USB Ethernet chip. Overall every Raspberry Pi is a terrible choice for a NAS. Quote fr…

• Unable to boot with 4 HD's in OMV4

tkaiser - - General

Quote from goliath: “First debian (minimum installation) and then OMV. After that, connect the 4 disks and...mek! nothing is show in screen after grub...Remove 1 disk (any of them) and everything goes fine. ” Since OMV does not alter anything wrt booting you're most probably just running in 'usual' underpowering issues. Occurs especially in non server systems where staggered spin-up is not available. HDD peak consumption when spinning up is quite high. If these are 3.5" disks you should have an …

tkaiser - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “who is "We"? ” @ryecoaaron and me. He has access to SF unlike me. I've never seen anyone else than us wasting time with this RPi mess anyway... (and now I waste my time reading through Microsoft blabla)

• Quote from bvrulez: “Is there a definite way to create a bootable USB with the .iso for 4.1.3. which is bulletproof? ” The same as with every other installation on flash storage: 1. Always check your flash storage for counterfeit products. It's strongly recommended to always test USB thumb drives and SD cards with either F3 or H2testw first 2. Only burn with Etcher (Etcher takes care about the most common issues when burning to flash media, especially it implements a verify which is important)

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “or just use this command ” Can this be enrolled to all RPi installations somehow?

tkaiser - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “Out of curiosity, are you planning to replace the legacy images that seem to have been moved? ” Huh? We removed the OMV 3 image since even when the OMV 4 image was available a few hundred downloads per week occured with the old image most probably for the only reason people read in some tutorial on the net they should download OMV 3. An 'omv-release-upgrade' which will also update from Debian 8 to 9 is a lot of storage stress and the average RPi user isn't aware that this ca…

• Binding multiple interfaces not working?

tkaiser - - Network

A quick web search for 'RTNETLINK answers: File exists' suggest that removing the gateway entry for enp6s0 should solve the problem.

• Unable to boot with 4 HD's in OMV4

tkaiser - - General

Quote from goliath: “I have installed OMV4 ” OMV is not an operating system but just a rather huge addition to Debian. OMV4 is based on Debian 9 so in case you struggle with OMV4's own ISO I would suggest trying out a Debian 9 amd64 install (your CPU is 64-bit, right?) and if that boots with 4 disks connected then install OMV in a second step following this guide.

• Quote from vendo23: “See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details ” Without providing output from these two commands it's a bit hard to guess what's going on on your system.

tkaiser - - General

Quote from soerenderfor: “Nothing on the screen if i connect to the tinker board. ” Thanks for the report. Last try: I created another OMV image, this time with mainline (Armbian next branch) instead of Rockchip's 4.4 LTS kernel (default branch). Please re-download the image and test again: OMV_4_Tinkerboard.img.xz (uploads currently, should be finished in 10 minutes).

• On the NanoPi NEO I purged the php-curl package, activated Docker CE repo and it still works: Source Code (149 lines) Maybe important: I've the backports repo disabled: Source Code (12 lines)

• Quote from tkaiser: “Would be worth a try to check this on another armhf OMV4 image than RPi but I don't have 32-bit SBC any more to test with. ” Silly me forgot my cute NanoPi NEO. Just tested: Source Code (52 lines)

• Quote from rdowns: “Can you please confirm that since this is neither an OMV or RPi issue that we need to engage the Debian team by creating a bug report? ” Not entirely sure. Just tried my luck on a good SBC (I don't have any RPi around any more, too annoying) Source Code (49 lines)So can't reproduce but this is arm64 and not armhf architecture. Would be worth a try to check this on another armhf OMV4 image than RPi but I don't have 32-bit SBC any more to test with.