Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 162.

• Re: Home domain

Cpoc - - My NAS Build

For a DIY setup, it looks pretty good. Very professional looking.

• Re: UPS recommendation / USV Empfehlung

Cpoc - - General

Cyber Power works well with Linux standard NUT. I also use APC but the problem is alot of the new ones don't work with Linux. Do your research before you buy. I have a 10 year old APC which is flawless with Linux.

• Re: How to stay on Top....

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

I like how the big one just stands there and watches the whole thing and if you get too near he just head buts you.

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 Can't Wait

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

Season 4 is going to be alot more epic and alot more battle scenes.

• Re: The vote is in Systemd Wins.

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

The same was for my vituralbox test box, but then again, I did not have any other daemons loaded. Just basic OS. How is it working in squeeze I thought systemd was only supported in wheezy and debian testing.

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

How is the bootup time compared to sysinitV ?

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

You got to be kidding. I have watched every single episode twice. It's that good.

• Re: Controller RAID which one to choose?

Cpoc - - RAID

If you go software or hardware based I would go with an LSI based one. Any 2008 or 2208 will do. They vary in price due to ports and how much ram cache on board. The cheapest setup would be a 8 port internal HBA software raid with a HP SAS expander. The LSI raid cards soft or hard support dual linking with the HP SAS expander cards.

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

Best show ever........ It's also the #1 downloaded show.

• Game of Thrones Season 4 Can't Wait

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

Just take a look at this. In the end you get the see how big the dragons have grown. digg.com/video/heres-an-extend…-game-of-thrones-season-4

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

I just fired up a VitrualBox of Debian Wheezy and did this agentoss.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/debian-wheezy-and-systemd/ to get systemd working. I did a reboot dam its really fast.

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

It is still going to be a while before it ships with Debian. If you want to take it for a spin, try a fedora or an arch distro in VirtualBox. The reason why it's so fast is that it's built for multi-core systems and uses parallaization to start stop services. Unlike systemV that must run one script at a time.

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

For 99% of users out there systemd is great its just the 1% that are not happy. Here is a video of openrc which is suppose to be faster than systemV vs systemd. youtube.com/watch?v=4NXMmHYNYfA

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

As for the advantages you got mostly simplicity and speed are the major factors. In fact, they have it booting in embedded Linux and boot time is under 1 second. Average boot time is about 6 seconds on an average PC. The only major disadvantage is that it is Linux only. So BSD people are not happy the reason is because systemd is a Linux kernel specific feature.

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

I agree but I'm really happy that Debian chose systemd over upstart. At least init scripts will be easy to use/write compared to upstart. I don't like upstart. My only wish would be that Linux Mint would use Debian instead of Ubuntu. There is no need for a new desktop every 6 months. Every 2 years or so is good enough. This way they can spend more time perfecting the DE instead.

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

Here is a YouTube video that gives an explanation on the init systems. youtube.com/watch?v=LTFLEXYY6jY

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

Here is a cheat sheet to compare the difference. Its from the fedora site. fedoraproject.org/wiki/SysVinit_to_Systemd_Cheatsheet Just because its new it does not mean it's bad.

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

Nope, also bootup time is fast I mean really fast. Systemd is built into the kernel itself only problem is that it only works with Linux so the BSD people are not happy. Also, its backed by RedHat so Ubuntu does not like that either.

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

Yep that's why I prefer systemd over upstart. patrakov.blogspot.ca/2011/01/w…ystemd-service-files.html It's simple compared to systeminitV

Cpoc - - Off-Topic

SystemD is the new init start system that will replave SystemV that currently Debian uses. Here is a video on it archive.fosdem.org/2013/schedule/event/debian_systemd/