Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 58.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Plex wont play movies

the_otherOne - - Plugins

I reencoded my collection to mkv containing h265 and ac3 sound and they all play fine, no idea if/how plex caused mkvs containing mpeg-4 video to stop working but that is what looks like happened. I doubt that this issue is specific to OMV. If no one else has a similar issue in OMV I can set the thread as resolved?

• Plex wont play movies

the_otherOne - - Plugins

Sorry for the Long Wait for a reply. I run the flashmemory plugin and rebooted to see if it would fix the issue, so there is nothing datng back that far in the log. Plex plugin did an update to plex but that hasn't changed the issue. I will try re encoding my mkvs to h264 as other video with that codec seems to work fine, In the meantime Kodi plays them on my Amazon Fire Stick Just fine...

• Plex wont play movies

the_otherOne - - Plugins

The plot thickens. I can play some of my movies, namely the blu rays MKV's I ripped using make mkv on my laptop. The ones I can't play were DVDs ripped using a headless ripper on the N40L, which uses handbrakeCLI. Tekkb you may have an excellent memory as I had to build hanbrakeCLI from source I think due to my Processor. Where it is weird is these MKV used to play just fine, if there is anything else I can add that might help debug let me know. P.S. Kodi plays them on my firestick from the SMB …

• Plex wont play movies

the_otherOne - - Plugins

I've got an N40L microserver with an AMD Turion II Neo N40L (1.5 Ghz) K625. I'm using the plex plugin which currently shows as plugin version: openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.12 In plex the version shown is 0.9.15.2 I don't remember doing anything special for my setup re the AMD processor. Thanks for having a think, this one has me stumped as it was working and doesn't appear to be a full partition that the transcode directory uses.

• Plex wont play movies

the_otherOne - - Plugins

I should say previously Plex was playing these same movies fine, is that the case with yours...

• I'm experiencing a similar issue in that movies wont play but TV shows will. I hadn't set my transcode path and left everything to the plugin, even with the path explicitly set to my data drive (which has tons of room) I can't play movies. Anyone got any ideas?

• Plex wont play movies

the_otherOne - - Plugins

Just found this Plex plays TV shows but won't play any movies Which looks similar issue but on omv 2.0, sorry for the dupe I'll pick up on the other thread.

• Plex wont play movies

the_otherOne - - Plugins

Hi All Not been here in a long while, good to be back. My plex install has stopped playing movies in my movie library, either casting to chromecast or playing directly in the browser. I've uninstalled the plugin removed my library, reinstalled and rebuilt my libraries but still to no avail, has anyone else experienced similar? Any help much appreciated, sorry if this is a duplicate.

• Thanks for the new link, indeed that Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.3.31-102328 works like a charm...

• thanks for spotting my typo (edited now) I meant the extension pack 4.3.31-101730 that are in the links but no longer available...

• Cheers for linking me up subzero, sorry for the duplicate.

• None of the links work to the extension pack listed and the closest I can get is download.virtualbox.org/virtua….3.30-101610.vbox-extpack I need 4.3.31, does anyone have the file? Thanks for the help on this thread, sorry I created a redundant one... Edited typo

• There is a known error with RDP on windows 10 and VirtualBox virtualbox.org/ticket/14216 I'm running openmedivault-virtualbox 1.3 and can no longer access any of my VMs through RDP as I've gone and upgraded to win 10 on my client PCs. In the thread linked it suggests that the extension pack for virtualBox fixes the problem, but I've downloaded and (re)installed the pack and the problem persists. Any chance there will be an update to this Plugin, anyone else come across this. P.S. sorry if there …

• I went software raid also on a Gen7 microserver. If it ever dies, I can just take my disks and plug them into any linux box and with mdadm I'm set up...

• First NAS Box

the_otherOne - - My NAS Build

Quote from WastlJ: “Quote from stewski: “How does your load_cycle_count look in smart?” sda - ​193 Load_Cycle_Count 0x0032 156 156 000 Old_age Always - 133688 sdb - ​193 Load_Cycle_Count 0x0032 156 156 000 Old_age Always - 134149 sdc - ​193 Load_Cycle_Count 0x0032 156 156 000 Old_age Always - 133872 sdd - ​193 Load_Cycle_Count 0x0032 158 158 000 Old_age Always - 128313” I don't know how long your disks have been running but that load cycle count (for WD20EZRX) is getting on for half way to its r…

• First NAS Box

Quote from WastlJ: “I also use a couple of Greens in a RAID 5 since Years. (Over 5 years already). At first with a QNAP, then switched to OMV. I receive a mail because of one bad sector since a few months but no problems at all. Actually I´m just waiting for one drive to fail to change them for 4TB Reds. :D” Did you change the intellipark/spin down time with wdidle3? How does your load_cycle_count look in smart?

• First NAS Box

Ah well the Greens are designed to aggressively park their heads every 8 seconds if not in use, the idea is it saves power. Unfortunately in a raid/nas configuration that can increase the load_cycle_count such that within a year you can easily go beyond the 250,000 rating of the drive. wdidle3.exe is a firmware flashing utility that allows you to set the interval the drive waits before spinning down. and parking the heads I ran this on my drives before setting them up as a raid after reading abo…

• First NAS Box

Quote from KM0201: “Well, you are luckier than me. The USB install issues are well known. The green drives.. I nuked three in less than a year, before I just did away with the raid. No problems since. Your experience is definitely not the norm.. Both issues have been hashed over here several times.” I think I've been lucky with my flash drives. As for the Greens, had you run WDIDLE on the drives before setting them up in a RAID array? Otherwise they spin down every 8 seconds of inactivity! Edit:…

• First NAS Box

Quote from KM0201: “Quote from tekkb: “I would not buy a Green drive. Get one of their Red NAS drives instead. Everything else should be fine.” I use a couple of Green drives... they are fine, so long as you don't run them in a RAID. Run them in a RAID, as I painfully discovered, and you will nuke them almost as fast as installing OMV to a flash drive.” I run my OMV on a usb flash drive and have 4 x 3TB WD Green drives in a RAID 5 array since January 2012. I did run wdidle on the greens to chang…

• Possible issues could be: Memory stick broken starting to fail? USB3 port/driver not recognised. If you have a different USB memory stick and a USB2 port, try these first then report back...