Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Try to fix it but offline. Bring the server down, boot live distro, mount rootfs partition and try to revert. Did you let the command go all the way through ?

• Don’t know what’s going on there. But just a serious recommendation do not use unencrypted http to access your server, if possible https but not even on standard port. Port higher than 10000 and a reverse proxy so queries are answered only on domain requests. Another more secure option is to use openvpn or socks (ssh) proxy which is much better.

• Docker installation error

subzero79 - - Plugins

Can you post kernel version? uname -r

• Docker installation error

subzero79 - - Plugins

What kind of server is this ? Normal pc or arm low power box?

• Run the rsync job manually verbosely on commands line to actually see what happens and maybe see if there is a path with a strange char. You can find the full Omv command in /var/lib/openmediavault/ prefixed with rsync-uuid Is this your software ? Can you make the class print the path when the exception happens ? I’ve use rsync and temp files are not generated with illegal chars, you can test rsync with a big file local transfer. If there where any illegal chars in the path samba is in charge to…

• The temp file is the file name plus an extension created by mktemp util. Doesn’t have those chars, is just 5 alpha numeric chars. Rsync is a separate binary, Omv doesn’t mantain it in case those filenames are created the way you mention. How is that you are monitoring the folder? Is a smb share mounted as drive in windows ?

• OMV in proxmox lxc

subzero79 - - General

Quote from Ezhulk: “is it even possible to install omv4 in an lxc? ” Is possible, but the lack of block device support makes it pretty much unusable. You can probably find info in the proxmox forums. I know @shadowzero had some omv lxc testing instances, but using lxd in ubuntu, not the proxmox lxc stack. An option is to use the remote mount plugin, so you can export nfs from proxmox and mount in the container. OMV will see this as a fs, and you can use shared folders.

• multiple IP adresses possible ?

subzero79 - - Network

I think you have trouble understanding networking. Can you clearly explain what is what you want to do and why?

• Don’t use dietpi. Use images crafted for the rpi or change the device to a decent arm hardware.

subzero79 - - Network

You should’ve tested this manually before going on. I already mentioned this before.

• To avoid messing with database (wrong closing tags or chars) use omv-confdbadm openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…ml#omv-confdbadm-database If you changed several lines in between the tags of fstab, then all of those lines will get rewritten (not just one line) but not on reboot, only certain events using the webui: adding, removing fs and adding or removing NFS shares. In your case only one line gets reverted so i don't know what's going on, maybe you left a script there at boot for writing those c…

subzero79 - - Network

Yes that should do it. If you run ‘mkconf interfaces’ that should make it appear in /etc/network/interfaces

subzero79 - - Network

That’s obsolete needs to be changed in docs. The location is /etc/network/interfaces/interfaces.d and it doesn’t need to be a script just a normal network stanza. github.com/openmediavault/open…d3f27749566afe2ae690033a2 Before pursuing this configuration have you tested if this setup works manually?

subzero79 - - Network

Quote from tomspatz: “As i understand there is a possibility to give the existing network interface a second, or third ip adress.W ” You can give multiple ip addresses in the interface, vlan is more secure an easy if you have managed switch and good linux router. As for using alias, then you need to setup a gateway(but not default) to route those packages on different subnet alias. For testing this you need to use iproute2 utils stack(is installed by default), don't use ifconfig or netstat.

• OK, looks like something is mess up in the image build process. @tkaiser something to fix on the omv4 images

subzero79 - - Network

This is an alias bond0:0, Shouldn’t you be considering using vlan instead ? bond0.1 Do you have a smart switch and vlan router to set this up?

• The monstrosity of mono gives a very pwerful reason to use docker. Even if host and container had the same mono version there shouldn’t be any performance penalty. In this case Debian ships mono 3 which is very old that might be the cause. Docker is the way to go for any mono app.

• Permissions on top root directory wide open. If that happen who knows what else is screw up down bottom. Look even you have sticky bit there. Changing permissions recursively on the rootfs is a mayor f*ck. I would recommend you to reinstall. Please if you had follow a web tutorial or a guide on installing something you might not entered the command correctly.

• FTP Quota

subzero79 - - FTP

Not possible, quotas are per filesystem if the menu is used in the fs section. Proftpd is the software behind ftp server in Omv. According to their documentation is possible to have quotas in ftp server. proftpd.org/docs/howto/Quotas.html How to do it in Omv proftpd implementation? I have no idea, probably using the extra options field. If you ever get there maybe you can share it here.

• Looks like you changed permissions in the rootfs dir, the top root dir. Is with password (no key) working ? Or says the same error?