Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “If the 3.x image has the same pinnings as the 4.x image (don't remember), then the user will have to fix those pinnings ” Different pinnings back then: github.com/ThomasKaiser/OMV_fo…rences.d/99raspberrypiorg -- with these settings users get immediately after an OMV4 upgrade a mixture between Raspbian and Debian packages.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “I can test but it is such a small change that I'm not too worried. ” Not worried either since this is the only change. But just to be sure at least booting of the image should be confirmed: OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img.xz Do you take care that pinning also gets fixed when upgrading from OMV 3 to 4 with the RPi image? I believe we already talked about that but back then with the wrong outcome?

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Installing the new version of omv-extras isn't a workaround. It is the proper fix. Unfortunately, the pinning problem also prevents omv-extras from being updated from the web interface. ” Hmm... that would justify touching again the OMV4 image for RPi and fixing the apt pinning in the first place? I'll have a look whether I have the SD card with the image still somewhere. Can adjust the file but not test (no RPi around any more).

• Issue N° 1 here forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/21269 ?

• Issue N° 7 here forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/21269 ?

• RAID5 on raspberry with USB drives

tkaiser - - RAID

Quote from kuschi: “I have a similar setup on an Odroid XU4 with two USB3 drives in RAID1 mode ” Really bad idea. Almost all those concerns apply to your XU4 situation too: RAID with Raspberry Pi USB RAID especially with all drives behind an USB hub is something you want to avoid (RAID in general with such an unreliable SBC setup -- it's only wasting disks and energy)

• Execution failed Service nginx

tkaiser - - General

Source Code (2 lines)

tkaiser - - General

Quote from mrperfektone: “No error messages after it started ” Well, then 'known problem' that we tried to address already upstream (in Armbian -- but the new packages will take some time to be available as updates) You might want to add a cron job calling '/sbin/folder2ram -syncall' at least daily -- see Flash Memory Plugin on SSD

tkaiser - - General

Hmm... in case you did not activate SSH already it gets complicated now. Since it's an XU4 display and keyboard to the rescue?

• Quote from bvrulez: “It never crossed my mind that UEFI is not supported. Is this common knowledge? ” Don't think so. And I'm still not entirely sure since neither a (missing) readme.txt at download location or the FAQ mentions anything: openmediavault.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html (disclaimer: I never used OMV on x86 hardware so really not familiar at all with those platform specific topics)

tkaiser - - General

Quote from mrperfektone: “It's a problem that's suddenly come - Could it be my emmc card that is having trouble? ” Don't think so. It's most probably related to logs being kept in RAM, an unclean shutdown (?) and now folders/files missing below /var/log/ Can you please try Source Code (2 lines)and report back?

• Quote from bvrulez: “I also now put GParted live onto one of the broken devices (broken according to F3). It works fine ” F3 as well as H2testw test the whole surface of a flash memory and report this as 'broken' if just a single bit flip occurs (and they're right since a few bit flips are way more evil than a flash medium failing totally. Those bit flips result in unrecognized data corruption immediately or over time and symptoms almost always look like strange software issues. You'll waste hug…

• Quote from bvrulez: “But I am definitely running in UEFI mode now ” Well, based on my understanding of the various topics dealing with this then an OMV .iso won't boot (since lacking support for UEFI). That's why I suggested above installing a Debian 9 .iso (UEFI capable) and then OMV in a second step (IIRC that's what @votdev recommends in such situations)

• Quote from bvrulez: “I am not running it in legacy mode, thus it's UEFI. ” Unable to install/boot OMV from my new setup

• I've not anything like a PC with BIOS around any more (accessing 'big iron' only virtually and settled to performant ARM servers for small storage projects). But flashing ISOs with Etcher and then booting any of my Macs worked flawlessly all the time. I remember that there were some issues with the OMV installer not able to cope with EFI but since you're not talking about EFI but BIOS instead you shouldn't be affected anyway. Most probably I would now try to burn a Debian 9 ISO and if that works…

• Download old RP3 OMV images

tkaiser - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “In any case, given that OMV/SBC support seems to be "experimental", at best ” You just can't stop spreading BS? The RPi is crap and a shame for the whole ARM ecosystem. But that does not apply to good ARM SBC.

• Quote from bvrulez: “My Kingston 16 GB and 8 GB USB storage both are "damaged". ” Welcome to reality Seriously: A lot of people if not even the majority of flash storage users suffers from exactly this problem. And it's really sad that installation tutorials and advice given in forums never mentions the real problems: that's counterfeit stuff (faked capacity), damaged flash or simply 'burning went wrong' (in an awful lot of cases the media is OK but something goes wrong when writing) See these e…

tkaiser - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “"Doesn't work with an R-PI 3B+" ” Wrong. OMFG, why is everything related to RPi such a mess? I disable notifications for this thread now and try to forget about these crappy Raspberries and the surroundings...

tkaiser - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “Again, with the appropriate "read me" file ” C'mon. Spend yourself half an hour and write such a readme and chances are higher to convince @ryecoaaron to upload the old image again. None of the developers wants to waste time on preparing stuff for no reason.

• Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

tkaiser - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I will reflash. ” Then you might want to have a look below /usr/lib/armbian/ (the zram and armbian-ramlog stuff, currently happily co-existing with flashmemory plugin)