Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Then I should make the change to omv-extras 3.x to fix it.

• Quote from tkaiser: “But just to be sure at least booting of the image should be confirmed: ” I will test it later tonight when I get home (unless someone else does it first). Quote from tkaiser: “Do you take care that pinning also gets fixed when upgrading from OMV 3 to 4 with the RPi image? I believe we already talked about that but back then with the wrong outcome? ” If the 3.x image has the same pinnings as the 4.x image (don't remember), then the user will have to fix those pinnings. Pushin…

• Quote from tkaiser: “that would justify touching again the OMV4 image for RPi and fixing the apt pinning in the first place? I'll have a look whether I have the SD card with the image still somewhere. Can adjust the file but not test (no RPi around any more). ” If you want to. I can test but it is such a small change that I'm not too worried.

• Quote from MrTestOne: “even though it is just somehow a walkaround. However it feels to be solid enough. ” Installing the new version of omv-extras isn't a workaround. It is the proper fix. Unfortunately, the pinning problem also prevents omv-extras from being updated from the web interface.

• The plugin is working correctly. The write kbytes field isn't reporting because your root drive is btrfs (must be ext4 for the field to work). This is a known issue and has nothing to do with your media being protected from writes. It is just a display that I consider relatively unimportant but eventually I might convert it to using diskstats so btrfs works. If you want to see how much has been written to your drives, execute this command: awk '/mmc/ {print $3"\t"$10 / 2 / 1024}' /proc/diskstats…

• Removing Docker plugin

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from LouBen3010: “Don't know why this folder has been a mounting point for a plugin which does not exist anymore. ” The plugin doesn't create/mount it. Docker does that. Is the docker package still installed?

• Quote from drwhowhogrub: “Can I mount SMB or FTP from FreeNas in OMV? ” With the remotemount plugin, you can. You just need to make sure you use a user with the proper permissions.

• If you haven't upgraded to the latest omv version (see my signature) in the updates tab, then you need to do that. This was fixed a while ago. The version you installed from iso or image means little since you can update to the latest in the updates tab.

• Download old RP3 OMV images

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “I wouldn't make a decision based on a handful of unreasonable users. They'll be there regardless of the platform supported. On the other hand, even being the slow performer that it is, the R-PI attracts more new users to OMV than all other SBC's combined. While that may be due to pure marketing hype, it is what it is. ” RPi images aren't being removed so I don't think there is any problem removing older images. I actually think it would cause more problems if there wasn't an…

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “The user could make the call appropriate for their purpose, "even if it's pointless". ” I really wish it worked that way. There are always people who don’t want to change and still ask for updates and/or ask how to fix something. The RPi1-compatible image was that way for a long time. If the user was making an appropriate call, they wouldn’t be using an RPi

• Quote from tkaiser: “Then you might want to have a look below /usr/lib/armbian/ (the zram and armbian-ramlog stuff, currently happily co-existing with flashmemory plugin) ” I need to look at the zram stuff some more to see if we should use it with the flashmemory plugin. I don't see a reason not to at the moment.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Based on timestamps I fear both RK3328 images were affected... ” Ok. Just curious. I haven't used it much I will reflash.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “He didn't want to for whatever reasons ” I forgot to delete them. I will do that in a bit.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “I fear my OMV3 image once upgraded to OMV4 behaves strange unless the pinning gets fixed. ” That will definitely be an issue. I still think using OMV 3.x ESPECIALLY for the downloader plugins is a bad idea.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “Then it would make sense to pull ALL of the older Arm 3.X images, not just those for the R-PI, correct? If plugins are the problem, they would all suffer from the same issues. But, from what I see, there are several ARM OMV3.X images available for the Odriod, Orange PI, Nano PI, Lime2, Cubi, Clear Fog, Helios, etc., etc. I can see the support issue(s) now, when it's explained logically, but there is the matter of consistency. If it's about package support and breaking 3.0 pl…

• Quote from tkaiser: “can you please delete the Tinkerboard image ” Done. Quote from tkaiser: “while you're at it please replace Renegade and Rock64 image and readme.txt ” Uploading now. Quote from tkaiser: “I found a bug in the RK3328 images ” What bug? My renegade image is working well.

• Hopefully, this is fixed with this: RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages)

• This issue affects the omv-extras repo pinning as well. So, people have two options: apt-get update apt-get install openmediavault-omvextrasorg=4.1.9 -or- wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “In the above, who is "We"? And since this decision deals with OMV's public archive, with a scope that's clearly at the project level, does "we" include @votdev ? ” The arm images were started by me and never really an official part of OMV. Volker just gave me access to host them on sourceforge. While I do keep old packages around in the repos, I have always removed old images and agreed with tkaiser about removing the omv 3 image. It really helps remove the load of maintaini…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Can this be enrolled to all RPi installations somehow? ” It would have to be in an omv-extras package update. I was looking at a good place to put it.