Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 391.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Hello @ryecoaaron. Out of curiosity, have you found a solution to this?

• OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install

David B - - General

Yeah pretty much anything network-related does not work through WSL. I learned this the hard way when trying to use UPnPC with my router. Your best bet is to either run Debian directly on your hardware or create a VM with it and configure the virtual network adapter to have its own IP address on the network. I forget what this setting is called, but you can find it quite easily online.

• Yep! It looks like that was the solution! Thanks!

• Quote from gderf: “I guess you could run the cron job manually and see what happens. ” I just did, and so far, no e-mails.

• Quote from gderf: “I don't know of anyone who made this change and continued to get that same email. ” Well alright then. I suppose I will just wait and see. Thanks!

• Quote from gderf: “As root, edit /root/.profile Remove this line: Source Code (1 line)Add this line: Source Code (1 line)” Okay, I have done so. Thanks! Now I just have to wait until next weekend to see if I get another e-mail?

• Every Saturday since December 30, 2017 (yes, I have all of them saved because I never delete anything), I've been receiving an e-mail that reads: Source Code (2 lines) After ignoring it for months, I've decided that perhaps I should look in to fixing it. Would anyone have any idea what's wrong or what could be done about it? The first time I saw it, I got nervous because I thought it was an e-mail about a failing disk, but I am reasonably sure that's not what's going on here. It should be noted …

• Run PHP Script Every Minute

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I would change two things: First, specify the full path for php - /usr/bin/php Second, put the script in a filesystem that isn't mounted noexec (all data drives are mounted noexec). If you don't think that is it, at least put the leading slash in front of sharedfolders ” Thanks! It looks like using /usr/bin/php as well as moving the script to an exec-mounted folder worked! For anyone else who comes along with a similar problem, I am not sure if either of those things had …

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Uncheck the every n minute and replace the 1 with a star. ” Okay, I have made that change, but it still appears to not be working properly.

David B - - General

I have a PHP script that I wrote that I would like to execute once every minute. To do this, I have added a scheduled job for it via the OMV WebUI, but I cannot get it to execute once every minute. The only way I can get it to run is by clicking the "Run" button in the UI. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have posted a screenshot of my configuration settings below. wc8Fluu.png

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Correct, it was not about the sudo password prompt. With the recent versions of mariadb on Debian, you should go directly to the mysql prompt when doing this. Something is wrong with your install. I need to look for a fix. ” Okay, thanks!

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “When upgrading from OMV 3.x to 4.x, the system changes from mysql to mariadb. While they are very close, some things are different. How root logs in is one of the things that changed. Does sudo mysql ask for a password? ” I am not asked for a password. All I get is this: Source Code (1 line)When I am running these commands, I am logged in as root, so I drop the sudo. I assume your question about the password was not related to the sudo password prompt?

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “It must be the command below giving the error:mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf --local flush-error-log flush-engine-log flush-general-log flush-slow-log All I can think is your debian-sys-maint user had its password changed in mysql but the /etc/mysql/debian.cnf file was never updated. ” Can it be changed on its own by an upgrade or something like that? I would expect not, but I didn't do it. That command does seem to be the problem. It gives me this error…

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Hmm.. that is working. What about: sudo logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.d/mysql-server ” That gives me the same error as the e-mail: Source Code (3 lines)

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “cron job for which plugin? The letsencrypt plugin creates a cron job that is not in the scheduled jobs tab. The mysql plugin will create a scheduled job that shows up in the scheduled jobs tab if you click scheduled backup in the mysql plugin. That said, looking at your error again, this is a logrotate issue because it is trying to access mysql info and can't. What is the output of the following: sudo my_print_defaults --mysqld ” I think I misunderstood you earlier about …

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

So I finally tried @Stramm 's suggestion yesterday, but this morning, I woke up to this e-mail yet again. I would try @ryecoaaron 's suggestion, but given that I did not have a cron job configured in the first place, I do not understand what he is suggesting I do.

• Quote from captainwtf: “Quote from David B: “Off-topic question: How are you tracking system temperature? ” Out of band management is a hell of a thing ” Aww...looks like I can't use it on my system. Unless I am misunderstanding.

• Off-topic question: How are you tracking system temperature?

• Quote from josegd71: “Is it advisable to update knowing that monit fails? ” Another update has been released that fixes the problem. Or at least it supposedly does. I haven't rebooted to test it.