Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 246.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Encrypted Backup

riff-raff - - Plugins

I use a rotating system of 3 external drives for backups. With the upgrade from OMV3->OMV4 I migrated my data to a encrypted (LUKS), redundant ZFS-pool. I do snapshots daily, scrubs monthly, backups weekly, one of the backup diks is always out of my house to have separation. For backups I use the USB backup plugin. I thought about encrypting my backups as well to have theft security. Setting up a encrpted device prevents me from selecting it as backup target within USB backup plugin. Is there a …

• NextCloud Installation Q & A

riff-raff - - General

Removing Source Code (6 lines)from the top of my configuration gives me a positive check on nextcloud security scan online, but my nextcloud instace now complains the missing headers. So which one is right? What would be the correct setting?

riff-raff - - General

@Stramm: my config looks similar to yours, I could fix my problems by uncommenting the entire first block, line 3-8, since they are mentioned twice (review to the block line 79-99) Security Scan gives me now an A+ with all topics checked green.

riff-raff - - General

Since update to 13.0.4 I get Source Code (15 lines) by security-check of nextcloud. My nginx-setting looks like this: Source Code (91 lines)all the headers the security scan claims not to be set are set, so whats wrong with it?

• OMV Extras APT error

riff-raff - - Plugins

Thank you for your support

• OMV Extras APT error

riff-raff - - Plugins

Using Apt-Clean or check updates in OMV-Extras gives me Source Code (68 lines) How do I solve the SHA issue?

riff-raff - - General

Because many people use a small SSD or even a flash drive for OMV OS with small capacity. NC data dir is placed within web root (but can be moved). So when your NC users up a lot of files, your OS drive will flood. For example, my NC users consume >100 GB of space.

• I had the same problem, solution in post number 753

• Fail2Ban not working...

riff-raff - - Plugins

I know there is no fail2ban in OMV4, but for a fresh install I would prefer the latest stable. I used fail2ban on my nextcloud install for the last 2 years on OMV3 and never had any incidance with one trying to get access. I still have a lot of pings and reaches which I can see in nextcloud-log. Still a plugin on my wish list for OMV4, next to calibre.

• I have my ZFS running quite well right now, but I struggle with auto snapshots and scrub. I sticked to this old thread to set my snapshots up; for example for my backup folder mounted to Source Code (1 line) it looks like this: Source Code (1 line)Source Code (1 line) pushing this manually with ssh works, but not with planned tasks. Any advice how to get these things to work?

• Fail2Ban not working...

riff-raff - - Plugins

which logfile do you use and filter? You should use OMV4 right now since OMV3 is EOL. You should not open SSH towards internet, prefer VPN

• Quite late answer: Edditing books afterwards is only possilbe through an external calibre GUI-Installation from a remote PC. You could do it also in command line, but it is a pain in the a**. just stop your calibre server with Source Code (1 line)share your ebook directory via SMB/NFS or so on. On your GUI machine, setup calibre (can be any OS, prefer corresponding calibre version, for Stretch it is 2.75) Adopt a remote database, link to your ebook share. I installed calibre according to my tuto…

riff-raff - - General

I did a fresh install, copied my config.php to the dir and deleted data (since i specified another path for that), works, but gave me a data integrity error. Rechecking solved the problem (mainly app data was wrong) I managed to get rid of the Source Code (1 line) message by uncommenting Source Code (1 line)in Source Code (1 line) I still have the issue with security scan detecting wrong version

riff-raff - - General

I extracted my /nextcloud/data to a different location, my shares are /Storage/nextcloud/nextcloud /Storage/nextcloud/nextcloud_data Is it neccessary to install nc fresh or just unzip the package, since all relevant installation information such as database access, data dir, user is already set in my backuped config.php? Since both folders are on ZFS and daily snapshots are done, easy to set back if something goes wrong. I have daily backups of SQL as well.

riff-raff - - General

What way would you recommend to migrate all data, calendar, kontacts, users and so on? I have round about 200 GB in my cloud, lots of pictures and videos made by mobile devices and auto-uploaded through nextcloud app from 15 users. They sync to their stationary devices, so if timestamp changes, all clients would redownload all the stuff. I have a good connection (40 Mbit up), but it would still take quite a while. Most important would be calendar settings, my wife would panic when she looses all…

riff-raff - - General

I migrated from OMV3 to OMV4 with some challenges, but everything works like it is supposed to be, except the point, that I get this warning from nextcloud: Source Code (1 line) a configuration problem in php.ini or php-pool? seems to occur after setting Source Code (1 line)in server config to avoid 502 Bad Gateway Nextcloud security check gives me Source Code (5 lines)but I installed latest 13.0.2 already?!

• openmediavault-mysql fresh install

riff-raff - - Plugins

I setup my OMV4 with encryption and ZFS this weekend with the amazing help from the forum members, thanks for that! I installed mysql fresh and revert to a backup dump I made from the old install on OMV3. Since then I get errors accessing the SQL management GUI, i can't log in as omvadmin, but only as root. I tried removing the plugin completely (with its databases) and start up fresh Source Code (1 line) but problem persists I tried dropping the 3 initial databases and my own created nextcloud-…

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

riff-raff - - Plugins

Is it possible so halt on boot and wait für the encrypted disks to be unlocked through ssh? I want to setup 2 encrypted drives and ZFS on top, so to prevent the pool to fail I need the drives unlocked quite early. Since there is almost no reboot, manual unlocking is fine for me, but it has to be possible through SSH, since I am physically not near the server. Edit: I managed to unlock my drives during boot by sticking to this howto Keyfile is stored in root directory.

• I set up a VM on another machine to do some testing. I followed the same procedere as I did on my nas build. Istalled fresh OMV4, patched everything incl. 4.16, installed OMV-Extras, reboot, installed dpkg-dev Source Code (63 lines) So pretty much the same as on my main machine. Edit: After uninstalling und reinstalling the ZFS-Plugin, it works on the VM-machine .... don't know why .... Now I'll try on nas-machine. Edit2: I set up LUKS with autounlock at boot and on top my ZFS. After each reboot…

• i'lll get this error even with dpkg-dev installed ...