Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 327.

• Quote from flmaxey: “In home networks, there's still a lot of 100mbs out there. ” I was until a few months ago + I have 2 old working laptops that only have 100mb Ethernet connections, and therefore I have a couple of crossover cables in my network case....never know when you might need one.

• Errors and Network loss every 3-5 days.

geaves - - General

If you google the actual error rcu-sched detected stalls on cpus/tasks there some answers, particularly one on unix stackexchange, the specific error 'could' point to a possible future hardware failure.

• Omv backup

geaves - - General

Plugin openmediavault-backup 3.11 should do what you want

• Advice on My documents...

geaves - - General

Correct me if I'm wrong, but syncing would require to be completed before a machine is shut down so that the file has completed syncing/copyied to the server so that it can be accessed by another machine. This sounds like the old style 'offline files' option in Windows, personally option 1, that's centralising a documents folder so that it can be accessed by all 3 machines, if access time is the problem then that's networking. Also how do you ensure that the sync process has completed? before ac…

• Quote from caseyj: “Now they are in ” I have read through this from the start and for someone who has had their own problems with VB and got them sorted VB is not referenced via /root/Virtualbox VM's I have that on my own system. Start by moving the Windows 7.vdi (I moved/copied mine to my W10 laptop using WinSCP) then remove the plugin and do apt-clean form the omv-extras menu. Then have a look at my own solution here what you also need to do is to deleted any folders related to Windows 7 in yo…

• Quote from horsetaco: “Now both of my ethernet adapters are detected at 100mbps ” This may not be a driver issue it could be hardware related having gone through the same process after upgrading both my switches to 10/100/1Gb my server was still running at 100mb, changed the cable and my laptop now connects to the server at 1Gb. So this is either the cable or the switch/hub that's causing the reduced connection.

• Quote from flmaxey: “I agree, that doesn't make sense. I think I'd give both a side-by-side examination of their network settings to see what's different on the iPad. ” That was one thing I did, I also connected the iPad to the 2.4 network (after a reset) and it still failed to get an ip, the only difference is that they are years apart in date manufacture, but even so that should not make a difference. But it's all running Ok now....so....if it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Extend vdi VirtualBox

geaves - - General

I thought I had set the virtual hd to dynamic, but it's now throwing an error that the disk is full! How can I extend the current vdi or change it to dynamic if that's possible. Under php admin for vb storage is displays Type (Format): Normal vdi. Thanks. EDIT: Seek and ye shall find there is a guide on here on how to do this, the difference I had to make was to add " " to my .vdi once finished started the VM whereby chkdsk kicked in, then configuring updates, then a cleanup!! Now got a desktop …

• Quote from flmaxey: “Further, since it's one device, I imagine the issue wouldn't get much attention on the Pi-Hole forum. ” TBH I'm happy the way it is at present, the new version whitelist and blacklist add seems to working from the GUI. The only thing that didn't make sense to me was that iPhone would connect but the iPad wouldn't even after a network reset, they both use the same IOS. Quote from flmaxey: “In any case, you know you can blame the Yankee for all these issues - even for Pi-hole …

• Quote from flmaxey: “There has to be more to it. When I tested the DHCP function, to get my router out of the picture and in order for all devices to get new addresses, it was necessary to cold restart everything. ” Well I spent yesterday doing just that, then I turned on my laptop gave it a static ip, turned off the plugin and enabled DHCP on Pi-hole and set it up, turned on the router, first thing I did was to switch the satellite box and waited.....nothing no address issued, tried my ipad, sa…

• Quote from flmaxey: “latest Pi-hole image (eb902c685095) ” That's what I have, well I've uninstalled OMV's dns/dhcp plugin and enabled DHCP in pi-hole, that's working but the graphs are still flat, showing Total DNS Queries: 0 Blocked DNS Queries: 0. I also followed your guide. So I've no idea what's going on, it can't be the Watchtower Docker because I installed that yesterday evening, this started when I started the new pi-hole yesterday afternoon.....thought it might be browser cache, but hav…

• @flmaxey With the update to OMV 4 I decided to update the Docker Pi-hole, it seems that the latest Pi-hole no longer uses dnsmasq but uses it's own called FTL. The one thing I have noticed since updating the graphs are flat or rather they are not recording, I'm wondering therefore because I'm running the latest dnsmasq plugin if this is having an issue somehow. I did find a command to run to check if dnsmasq (but I've shut the page down) whilst the DNS in the plugin is pointing to Pi-hole I'm wo…

• Emby Server

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “I admit that I don't know the internals of Emby - that's your area. In my case, I have segregated media shares so individual paths to each share seemed to be in order. In any case, there's more than one way to do it. Overall, I'm satisfied that it works well. ” Thanks for the pointers though, well I got it installed and it's working or seems to be I can get a Web GUI, what isn't is the plugins catalogue so I've asked on the Emby forum...it's just not populating and I need to…

• Emby Server

geaves - - Off-Topic

Thanks @flmaxey and @Stramm I think I now have OMV running V4, I've turned the Emby service off so tomorrow I'll uninstall and start on Docker, I'm still not convinced of having to add the Volumes and Bind options other than for the config file. Emby has always updated without the need for re enabling the paths to each content folder as it is stored within it's own config....anyway I'll see what happens....got to catch up on what you've posted.

• Upgrade to OMV 4 and VB

geaves - - Updates/Upgrades

Ok, running dpkg --list | grep "^rc" | cut -d " " -f 3 | xargs sudo dpkg --purge has cleared the rc listings from dpkg, it's also restored the 'installed indicators' in the plugins. Installed VirtualBox and it's worked straight off the bat, the only option I had to do was to remove VNC to allow RDP connection from W10. The only option I am now not sure about is Docker, the plugins show Docker gui 4.0.1 and the Docker CE under Extras as disabled, in OMV 3 that was enabled. Well pi-hole is still r…

• 502 Bad Gateway Nginx

I think this thread answers your question, upgrading 2 -> 3 is not recommended.

Following on and running dpkg --list | grep "^rc" | cut -d " " -f 3 you get the following list; btrfs-tools dkms imagemagick-common libasn1-8-heimdal:amd64 libbind9-90 libcwidget3:amd64 libdirectfb-1.2-9:amd64 libdns100 libdrm-nouveau2:amd64 libdrm-radeon1:amd64 libenca0:amd64 libgif4:amd64 libglu1-mesa:amd64 libgsoap5:amd64 libhcrypto4-heimdal:amd64 libhdb9-heimdal:amd64 libheimbase1-heimdal:amd64 libhx509-5-heimdal:amd64 libisc95 libisccc90 libisccfg90 libkrb5-26-heimdal:amd64 libllvm3.5:amd64…

Quote from raulfg3: “try to load latest omv-extras to update plugins correctly. some times, you need to unload omv-extras, and then load the new omv-extras .deb = OMV-Extras.org Plugin omv-extras.org/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb ” Is this not the latest one? ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.6 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault that's from dpgk -l |grep openm

• Emby Server

geaves - - Off-Topic

Quote from flmaxey: “Notes for screen 1: - Bold entries require the shown edits. - The UID and GID are numbered so as not to conflict with existing Dockers. - For copy and paste purposes, for the device in Environment Variables: DEVICE /dev/dri/renderD128 ” Ok, the above is not added in the You Tube Vid I found.....so here's the dumb question what/why? Quote from flmaxey: “- The first Host Path stores the Emby config so that your settings are persistent. The left side (at the root of the boot dr…

The upgrade from 3 to 4 appeared to go very well, didn't take long, the system rebooted and I could login However, I have one problem and a couple of questions; Like many others VirtualBox whilst installed on 3 disappears from the services list, the output of dpkg -l | grep virtualbox is; rc openmediavault-virtualbox 3.0.8 all VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault. rc virtualbox 5.1.26-dfsg-2 amd64 x86 virtualization solution - base binaries having had problems with VB (some of my own making) und…