Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

• Re: New Install

67flyer - - General

Okay I have been able to make a share on the system and copy stuff to it. But the shares are only for each drive. How do i make one big share? Thanks

67flyer - - General

Datadigger, thanks for the link on link speed that fixed it.

67flyer - - General

Datadigger, the drives are not the same size, If i understand raid correctly they need to be the same size. Also i had to run fdisk on all the drives as they were zfs formated in nas4free. did that on the system in command line. after doing that i was able to create the filesystems on the drives without issues. I am now stuck with 6 drives with a file system on them but not sure what the next step is.

67flyer - - General

okay got it installed using an usb hardrive. However the Marvell 88e8001 network card is only working at 100 mb not 1gb as it was in nas4free. This system and the main system I use are both connected to a gb network so i should see some speed. Got the harddrives created with filesystem of xfs.(if that is not the best filesystem to use please let me know. I want to see one big drive. I dl the vlm2 plugin.) Now just have to find more info on how to make volumes because i can't at the present time.

• New Install

67flyer - - General

Hi, was looking at giving OpenMediaVault a try. I currently have a Nas4Free setup that boots of a thumb drive and contains 6 different hd's. It is on an old system I had around. The motherboard has 2 sata connections and i have a 2 and 1.5 tb hd connected to them. I also have 1 tb and 750 sata drives using a sata to ide covertor. also a 750 and 500 connected to the other ide slots. the processor is pen4 2.0 and 1.5 gb of ram. The mb has a gb nic and it is connected to a gb switch that also has m…