Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 21.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are you SURE that the ports are functional. Have you tried booting from another OS to check? Maybe even try windows 10 on a spare SSD?

• 4.16.0, i installed docker via the OMV extras repo. Version: 18.03.1-ce API version: 1.37 Go version: go1.9.5 Git commit: 9ee9f40 Built: Thu Apr 26 07:17:14 2018 OS/Arch: linux/amd64 Experimental: false Orchestrator: swarm Server: Engine: Version: 18.03.1-ce API version: 1.37 (minimum version 1.12) Go version: go1.9.5 Git commit: 9ee9f40 Built: Thu Apr 26 07:15:24 2018 OS/Arch: linux/amd64 But everything is working currently...........sigh..... if you want things to fail, they seldom do...... th…

• not yet. will this do? success.docker.com/article/how…ging-of-the-docker-daemon

• upgraded from omv3 to omv4 recently, did a fresh install, installed docker, pulled containers, and then copied the docker config directories over to the new installation. Everything is working fine. Except for the fact that the containers seem to lose internet connectivity periodically (3 times in the last 3 days). A system reboot, or a manual container restart fixes the problem. for example nzbget says: Could not resolve hostname to be clear: the system itself does have internet connectivity, o…

• If you decide to try OMV today for the first time, you will probably download the latest version via the big button that says "download latest version", this is OMV 3.

• it is working as expected now. thank you.

• i reinstalled omv4 fresh, coming from omv3: I started using the new function /sharedfolders instead of srv-dev-disk-by-label, but when setting up the shared folders I accidentally chose the wrong drive for one of the folders. I later corrected this, and rebooted, but this specific folder is still not accessible via /sharedfolders. The other folders are working fine. The sharedfolder updated location DOES work for SMB, as i can now see my files in windows explorer, but SFTP and SSH acces reveal a…

• If you install a lot of dockers or plugins, you will have to put in a lot of extra effort to make sure all these plugins are writing to disks other than the SD card, my install with OMV3, sonarr, radarr, nzbget, lazylibrarian writes about 900mb per day to the system disk, and this is with the "flash plugin" installed! This is enough to kill a small sd card fairly quickly if you can spare a sata port, you could just get a cheap SSD. For ease of mind, and ease of install..... J3455 looks like a gr…

• OMV 4 - feedback thread

wowter - - General

Maybe the dev would prefer the official bugtracker: github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues edit: not sure if the bugtracker is for OMV4 also?

• thanks for your reply! I have updated sonarr, radar, nzbget and others like this before without negative consequences. I will search the internet for the "correct" way to update, - I have not installed watchtower, because i do not want to update working containers all the time. I want to be able to choose. - I thought a user friendly "update button" was in the works for the OMV plugin? IMO this would still be a very welcome addition. Esp. given the move away from regular plugins, which are curre…

• e350m1/usb3 5xsata does that work?

wowter - - Motherboards

Quote from openletter: “I guess I was confused. I thought your eSATA port was on the outside of your case. ” lol, well....it is.....but i still want to use it internally. I will route the cable to the inside and hook up the fifth drive Seems like the only way to use 5 hdd's on this system without buying an expensive raid/sata controller.

• I updated the sonarr container, stopped the old container, manually input all variables into the new container and started the new container. Everything seemed normal, but now the sonarr log is full of permissions errors like "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/config/config.xml" is denied." This is weird, because i am 99.9% sure i input everything the same. -I quadruple checked the PUID and PGID, they are 100/1000, the same as before -looking at the filesystem in filezilla…

• Quote from openletter: “If you have the space in your case, you can get a simple bracket with built-in SATA-eSATA adapter, so no special cables required. This is the one I bought, and it works great: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812400032 ” This adapter seems to route 2 internal sata ports to 2 external sata ports, what i am trying to do is use all 5 sata (so including the esata one) ports INTERNALLY.

• Quote from MrT10001: “Yes you can and its supports port multiplier.. I have used it for this and it certainly worked for me. Before installing OMV, ensure you enter the BIOS and set the drives to AHCI. ” thank you for letting me know! I have ordered a cable! I accidentally already installed OMV completely in IDE mode, then switched to AHCI later......... so far so good

• e350m1/usb3 5xsata does that work?

wowter - - Motherboards

Hi, This board apparatantly has/had several openmediavault users, so maybe someone tried the following: this board has 4x sata + 1x esata, can i use them all at once, or does the esata share a port somehow? the manual and the internet were inconclusive, so i guess it should work, but before i buy a esata to sata cable......... anyone?

• change sata mode to ahci

wowter - - Motherboards

I cloned my USB stick system disk to a small intel SSD (clonezilla with option -k1 to expand the partition), then changed the sata mode to AHCI, and everything still seems to work fine....... if i goofed up, or could have done something different/better i would love to hear about it!

• there is a lot of info on this forum regarding RPI and OMV, see for example: New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images performance will be slow though, so maybe consider an alternative solution if you care about speed.

• change sata mode to ahci

wowter - - Motherboards

HI, I recently installed omv on an old e350m1 board, but i accidentalyy left the sata mode in iDE, instead of AHCI. couple of questions: -Is there any real world benefit to AHCi for a small nas with only 2 users max? -Can i just change it in the bios, some say i might have to reinstall grub, or even everything? thanks! E350M1, usb system disk, 1xWD40EFRX, 1xST500LTO12

• New to all this...... Forgot that the config is not located inside the container, and that the solution was obviously to make the containers again, making sure to map all the directories and PUID,PGID the same....... Couple of minutes work, not worth restoring a backup. Thought it would mean doing the radarr, sonarr configs again.....phew...... thanks anyway! edit: still strange that the original/default location is not selectable via the GUI, or that you cannot manually edit the field

• Hi, I installed several docker containers on my system drive (16gb usb stick), and now i tried moving them by changing the location of the docker base path in the GUI, ofcourse while everything was running.......... yes, i agree that this was not the best decision..... can i revert this easily?, i have a complete backup using the backup plugin. but maybe there is an easy fix for this? i tried changing the location back to /var/lib/docker, but this cannot be done (atleast not via the GUI?) It wou…