Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Automount with BTRFS failed

flmaxey - - General

Quote from Primaerplan: “ How can i fix this problem permanently? ” Is there a reason why you must use BTRFS? Have you given thought to trying ZFS?

• Problem partition

flmaxey - - General

OMV was designed to operate with two drives. One is a boot drive for the OS, and the other is for data. As you get into it, especially when it comes to backup, you'll begin to understand that 2 separate drives is good for Servers and NAS systems. Get a 16GB USB drive (a good one, Samsung, SanDisk, PNY, etc.) and install OMV on it. They're not expensive. After that, you'll have the USB drive for booting and your spinning hard drive for your data. OMV will work as designed. If you can read English…

• Quote from drwhowhogrub: “1. it took a bit of playing around as I kept thinking the remote mount wasn't local, but once I realisedthat the mount was local it worked! 2. So now I'm ready to do the big file shift as I was testing it first encase I messed it up. 3. The more I'm using OMV I'm seeing how powerful it is. So I am getting rid of the FreeNas server as It seems to be a resource hog. I think that I will set up another OMV as a backup server and try those steps you have suggested ” Key'ed t…

• That thread led to a protracted and unexpected discovery - Monit in a Web interface, that's configurable from the same. Who would have thought? Looking back, I think I went through that extended troubleshooting exercise simply because this last winter was just so daxx cold. I need to do an OMV "hacks" section in the User Manual and put the Monit Web Interface in there, along with darkening Read Only text fields and a few other items. _________________________________________________________ You …

• (Back in Town.) I'm impressed - it seems you got it right, out of the gate. (To explain it for others who may read this.) First, Remote Mount uses a user name and password that has access to the remote SMB network share. (This must be a user, recognized by the remote server, who has access to the SMB share.) In the Remote Mount plugin dialog box, the fields needed are; Mount type SMB/CIFS Server name (or IP) Share name username password If configured correctly, the root of the Remote Mounted sha…

• You're welcome and it's good to have you coming on-board with OMV. It's the best NAS system around. Let us know how it goes.

• Download old RP3 OMV images

flmaxey - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Wrong. OMFG, why is everything related to RPi such a mess? I disable notifications for this thread now and try to forget about these crappy Raspberries and the surroundings... ” So you didn't actually disable notifications... This is, like, the 3rd time I'm aware of where you've feigned outrage, saying you were dropping out of a thread, and jumped right back in it. Does your word mean anything? (And you talk about me, spreading BS... ) As you may have noticed, I was having a…

• Yes. You could mount a FreeNAS SMB share, in OMV, using the Remote Mount plugin. To connect to a FreeNAS SMB share with Remote Mount, you'd need the username and password of a user that has access to the SMB share. After that, you'd be able to set up a shared folder, in OMV, for the remote FreeNAS SMB share. From there, under Services, Rsync, you'd set up a local Rsync Job with the mounted FreeNAS SMB share as the source and an OMV shared folder as the destination. Regrettably, if you have more …

flmaxey - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I don't think the images are experimental and most of the newer boards with real gigabit (renegade for instance) are extremely fast and stable (from my testing). I think they might be just as stable or better than some of the cheap desktop motherboards people are using as an NAS. ” I can believe that but, as is evident by the download numbers on source forge, there just doesn't seem to much user interest in (or a decent marketing campaign for) the higher performing SBC's.…

flmaxey - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from flmaxey: “The user could make the call appropriate for their purpose, "even if it's pointless". ” I really wish it worked that way. There are always people who don’t want to change and still ask for updates and/or ask how to fix something. The RPi1-compatible image was that way for a long time. If the user was making an appropriate call, they wouldn’t be using an RPi ” Well, I wouldn't make a decision based on a handful of unreasonable users. They'll be there r…

flmaxey - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “C'mon. Spend yourself half an hour and write such a readme and chances are higher to convince @ryecoaaron to upload the old image again. None of the developers wants to waste time on preparing stuff for no reason. ” I spent 3 minutes on a readme - it wasn't a big deal. Doesn't the following cover the bulk of the "issues" ? "Doesn't work with an R-PI 3B+", "unmaintained/outdated packages may result in broken plugin's", "do not execute omv-release-upgrade ", "USE AT YOUR OWN R…

flmaxey - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “ In other words: I like @'flmaxey''s idea of uploading OMV_3_0_99_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.80.img.xz again and putting it in an 'unsupported' subdir in the RPi directory even if it's pointless. ” Again, with the appropriate "read me" file - I.E. "doesn't work with an R-PI 3B+", "unmaintained/outdated packages may result in broken plugin's", "do not execute omv-release-upgrade ": The user could make the call appropriate for their purpose, "even if it's pointless".

flmaxey - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “The arm images were started by me and never really an official part of OMV. Volker just gave me access to host them on sourceforge. While I do keep old packages around in the repos, I have always removed old images and agreed with tkaiser about removing the omv 3 image. It really helps remove the load of maintaining old packages - especially the downloader plugins that are breaking now (and the seemingly main motivation for using OMV 3). While it would be slow, someone co…

flmaxey - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “@ryecoaaron and me. He has access to SF unlike me. I've never seen anyone else than us wasting time with this RPi mess anyway... (and now I waste my time reading through Microsoft blabla) ” If you're wasting your time at, "whatever", that's your own decision. There's no point in informing the forum of it, or the world writ-large, repeatedly.

flmaxey - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from flmaxey: “Out of curiosity, are you planning to replace the legacy images that seem to have been moved? ” We removed the OMV 3 image since even when the OMV 4 image was available a few hundred downloads per week occured with the old image most probably for the only reason people read in some tutorial on the net they should download OMV 3. ” In the above, who is "We"? And since this decision deals with OMV's public archive, with a scope that's clearly at the projec…

• Unable to boot with 4 HD's in OMV4

flmaxey - - General

While this may not help, here's a question; are you building OMV on the SD-card, with the 4 drives inserted,, or are you plugging the drives in after the build is complete? Looking at another angle, have you looked at the BIOS settings of what must be an add-on sata/sas card (for the 2 extra ports)? Who makes the card and what model is it?

• How can I Mirror a Drive Without RAID

flmaxey - - General

Quote from macom: “\---\ I never managed to get a notification for a finished rsync job. Is this actually working for you? ” Yeah - it works for me. Here's an E-mail example: (There's no files list because the disks are up to date. Otherwise, it would be a long note.) forum.openmediavault.org/index…23d35976dafdf599d61b8813f **Note that I'm not using the "Send E-mail" option for an Rsync Job under Services, Rsync. (I haven't tried that.) The Rsync operation is executed as a command line (as shown…

flmaxey - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Better remove the link since my last OMV 3 image for RPi is also the first that will boot on a RPi 3B+ (that's due to the fact those Raspberry Pi are no normal ARM SBC but proprietary VideoCore SBC with some lousy integrated ARM cores. So the primary operating system of these things called ThreadX that lives on the FAT partition needed an update to be able to support the new hardware. And that's why only my last image will boot on those things) ” Done. It was just a quick fi…

flmaxey - - General

Here's a link to the image -> (ONE TIME USE LINK DELETED) If you don't know how to clone an SD-card, you can find a cloning process -> here.

flmaxey - - General

The first thing to note is, get a second SD-card so you can clone your install. If something like this happens again, you can fall back. As it seems, the OMV R-PI download location doesn't appear to have the older 3.X images. Perhaps this will be corrected soon. In any case, I have a copy for the R-PI, OMV ver 3.0.63. that I'm posting for you. (It's uploading right now and given that uploads are way slower than downloads, even on a cable modem, it may be a couple hours before it's there.) The MD…