Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

• Backup Snapshots and transfer

marco88 - - General

Thank you macom, so i think if i need to mix client backups and manual backups (copied from ftp or another way) is better something that take care about snapshot (if i'll use urbackup i'll have snapshot of client but not snapshot of manual backups). i think I'll try duplicati

marco88 - - General

Thank you very much ! i saw that some people use duplicati for cloud backup, do you think is can be good also for automate clients backup without need to open a share folder ?

marco88 - - General

Anyone can give me suggestions? Maybe @macom know this situation? Thank you

marco88 - - General

Hello to everybody, finally, after a lot of things, i installed openmediavault to my home nas box. I have some question about how is better do for my backup. Currently, only for backup, i have two disks of 4TB (WD red) formatted in ext4 and i planning to use one disk like "master" and the other disk will be only for snapshots (using Rsnapshot). For transfer data from client, i understand that is better use something like urbackup because is the server that go to client and pull files to backup, …

• Help to choose the right disk configuration

marco88 - - RAID

Thank you very much macom, you give me another way and point of view. So in my case, the 2 disk of 4 TB can be used not for raid 1, but maybe for another thing. I need to test BTRFS for undestand if is relyable and i can use for backups and restore. is possible to make something in OMV to sleep a disk and power on only when someone try to access from network share (use of the disk)? Thanks

• Hi to all, i'm new of OMV and after read some things in forum .... i'm more confused . All is born from my old wanted to made experiment ...and new problem...google photos' bonus of 100 gb finished So, i bought all for create an home NAS box that can be energy saver and have things for backup important things (an other stuff like DLNA, etc). So, i had (before read here), clear idea of my configuration for storage: 1 ssd for OS, 1 normal disk for home share folder (temporary things, downloads, et…