Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from MrTestOne: “Is there really no other choice for mini PCs and 2x USB 3.0 for 2x external HDDs? ” This one should be good... indiegogo.com/projects/renegad…i-computer-computers-pc#/ Quote from MrTestOne: “that there is no mini PC that can handle 2x HDDs at solid speeds... Any ideas here? ” Although a little more expensive, the udoo x86 has three usb3 ports - udoo.org/udoo-x86/

• Raid Mirror

ryecoaaron - - RAID

For 3am everyday, you want 0 in the minute box, 3 in the hour box, and star ( * ) in the other boxes with none of the "Every" sliders enabled (all should be gray).

• Back on OMV scene after 5 years

ryecoaaron - - General

I would install OMV 4 fresh. Upgrading from 0.5 would take forever since you can't skip versions and something would probably go wrong.

• Raid Mirror

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from Currymunster: “Everything is copied back to sharedrive 1 and rsync is now installed. Is there any walkthrough's or manuals on rsync as I'm stuck. I've opened a module on sharedrive 2 but everytime i try and set up a job it does nothing when I press the save button?? ” If you are rsyncing to another share on the same server, you don't need a module. Just an rsync job is all you need.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Can you please remove the MD5 has from readme.txt? At least one in 10,000 RPi users checks for download integrity ” lol. It has been removed.

• Plex Media Server isn't running

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from lev: “OMV-Extras is installed but Plex Media Server is stuck at: ” That is a repo issue. Not much we can do about that. I do recommend running plex in a docker instead of using the plex. OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more) and Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced should help.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from lev: “So can I use the same for DNS and what elese I have to fill in there under advanced options? ” You can use the same dns or google's dns server (8.8.8.8) or there are others. You shouldn't have to change anything else in the advanced options. Actually, you only need the dns server box filled out if you are using a static ip.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from lev: “What can I do? ” Read Problem #1 here - Solutions to common problems Quote from lev: “I deinstalled omv-extras and try to install extras 4.1.9 and following is showing: ” Looks like your dns server is not set in the Network section. Read Problem #6 here - Solutions to common problems

• Automount with BTRFS failed

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Primaerplan: “How can i fix this problem permanently? ” That is a question I can't answer. I've tried for years to figure out why these arrays will assemble but fail on the next boot. It doesn't help that I don't have an array in that state myself.

• Raid Mirror

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from Currymunster: “It was called a RAID Mirror using three 500gb HDDs ” So, it is a three way mirror (double redundancy). You could fail one of them and wipe/format it. Then you could sync from the array but if it is only 8GB, I wouldn't go through the trouble. I would backup the data, wipe all three drives in the Physical Disks tab, and format all three ext4 in the Filesystems tab. Then we can go from there.

• Automount with BTRFS failed

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Primaerplan: “active (auto-read-only) ” Here is the problem. It probably isn't assembled at time of mounting since it isn't functioning correctly.

• MySQL no root access

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

With OMV 4.x/mariadb, the idea is to not allow password login with mysql as root. If you execute mysql as the root user or use sudo, it should just login. This is a security feature and why the omvadmin user is created so you can login with a password (for scripting or other reasons). I don't see any reason to change the behavior of the root user.

• Raid Mirror

ryecoaaron - - RAID

1 - What kind of raid is it? Do you have backup? 2 - They are but there are also plugins for both. rsync is part of OMV. rsnapshot is a plugin in omv-extras that can be installed once you install omv-extras. 3 - It might be able to. I don't know how duplicati works with hard links that rsnapshot uses.

• Raid Mirror

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from Currymunster: “Also can I point out that my server is not being used as a backup. the data on it is the primary copy used and shared between 7 computers. ” Here is what I think you should do (obviously it is generic) but should work for most home/small business setups: Drive #1 - primary copy of files - shared via samba as SHARE1 Drive #2 - secondary copy that is sync'd by rsync (could be sync'd every minute if you need it) - shared via samba as SHARE2 and set to read only Drive #3 - …

• Duplicati

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Currymunster: “Just checked and it's not installed - Thumbs down! ” It isn't included with omv itself.

• Raid Mirror

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from Currymunster: “I see - I run a business from home and need certain files to complete invoices, send them and type up quotes so I need it all the time so I'm guessing the RAID Mirror is a good option. ” I don't use a mirror array anywhere. I think rsync/rsnapshot is better. Quote from Currymunster: “The rsync sounds good but I assume I would need another backup sauce for that? ” If you rsnapshot (uses rsync) from one drive to another, you would have the source plus a number of hourly, …

• Add LSI SMI-S Provider to OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

It is possible to install an RPM on Debian but I'm not a fan of this process. I guess you could try it in a VM though.

• Add LSI SMI-S Provider to OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

You posted instructions on installing the package for CentOS/RHEL/etc. Are there instructions for installing on Debian or Ubuntu? That should be all you need to do.

• Quote from therock003: “IS there a way to do this without paying ” It can be scary but you should be able to recreate the partition with fdisk as long as you create it exactly the same. extundelete might help you too.

• Raid Mirror

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from Currymunster: “I was on the assumption that if one drive failed you had a fail safe so in a way its backed up?? ” It is safe if one drive fails BUT if you delete a file accidentally, it is gone on both drives instantly. So, that is why it is not backup. Quote from Currymunster: “I don't understand what redundancy means in this situation?? ” Redundancy is that you system can keep running if one drive fails. This is usually not needed by home users. If you were running a scheduled rsync…