Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Raid Mirror

macom - - RAID

Quote from Currymunster: “Is there a way of testing or seeing that the job has run successfully like a system log or something. ” If you did not enable the "quiet" option, you will see in the system logs which files have been copied. For this select "rsync" in the system logs view. You can also enable the "send e-mail" option to receive an email after. Works only if you have configured notifications. Finally you can use the terminal to check if all files are there.forum.openmediavault.org/index……

• Trouble Connecting drive with data

macom - - My NAS Build

Quote from KeithM: “I am hesitant to "wipe" the drive. Will this delete the data? ” YES. Do NOT wipe the drive if you want to keep the data on it. Quote from KeithM: “Clearly OMV has changed some of the settings ” Don't think so, unless you told it to do so. Quote from KeithM: “Is there any way I can mount this drive, or get drive working on windows again? ” In some cases when there were problems with a drive I got such a message from Windows. But if I said NOI could still access the data. Have …

• DLNA

macom - - General

I would think you have to install and enable DLNA and add the share with the content in the DLNA plugin.

• Duplicati

macom - - General

Manual for Duplicati: duplicati.com/articles/Getting-Started/ duplicati.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ forum.duplicati.com/t/what-about-a-manual/1061

• Raid Mirror

macom - - RAID

Quote from Currymunster: “3 - I think you are saying that duplicati can copy the archive drive(#3)?? ” Duplicati can be configured to keep old backups. So you can just backup the drive(#1) and Duplicati will keep the history for you. forum.openmediavault.org/index…743067e454196de98ffe27da9 Quote from ryecoaaron: “3 - It might be able to. I don't know how duplicati works with hard links that rsnapshot uses. ” from Duplicati manual: hardlink-policy --hardlink-policy = All Use this option to handle…

• In the GUI of OMV there is an entry on the left side "monitoring". In that view you can disable/enable the monitoring. Monitoring is not a plugin.

• Welcher Medienserver

macom - - Plugins

ja, gibt es omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/omv-plugins-4/4-stable

• Folder Permissions

macom - - CIFS/SMB

1.1.1.1 is a DNS server with an easy to remember IP adress. 8.8.8.8 is another one. That is google, which not everybody likes.

• Folder Permissions

macom - - CIFS/SMB

It is a problem with DNS server. The server name cannot be resolved. The IP address of the router goes in gateway and in DNS server. Also add 1.1.1.1 to DNS server. Netmask is 255.255.255.0 Disable IPv6

• Folder Permissions

macom - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from Currymunster: “there is an issue with the updates not working ” Probably this should be solved first. Which error message do you get? Are you using dynamic or static IP? Very often the problem is a not properly configured name server in case of static IP?

• Folder Permissions

macom - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from Currymunster: “SMB shares the become referenced but the appear at the root of the drive again?? ” When you add a share to SMB, make sure to select the folder from the drop down menue using the small arrow pointing down. If you press the small "+" you create a new folder. forum.openmediavault.org/index…743067e454196de98ffe27da9

• Folder Permissions

macom - - CIFS/SMB

Have you watched the OMV setup videos? See link in my signature and here: Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

• How can I Mirror a Drive Without RAID

macom - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “If you're looking for verification that the Rsync job occurred: Add your E-mail information in System, Notification, and enable it. (Use the send test E-mail option to check that all is correct.) ” I receive all sorts of notifications from my server including those from the USB backup plugin. However, I never managed to get a notification for a finished rsync job. Is this actually working for you?

• Encrypted Backup

macom - - Plugins

Had the same idea, but seems to be not so easy USB Backup and LUKS

• How to restore from backup

macom - - Plugins

Quote from utamav: “I don't see fsarchive on OMV 4.x. After installing the extra's for OMV 4.x, I only see OPENMEDIAVAULT-BACKUP 3.11. ” Within the backup plugin you can select the method to use. One of it is fsarchiver. Others are dd and rsync.

• Folder Permissions

macom - - CIFS/SMB

try homework/[name]/ so just use slash instead of backslash forum.openmediavault.org/index…743067e454196de98ffe27da9

• Folder Permissions

macom - - CIFS/SMB

If you create additional shares for each of the five folders of your kids, you are able to set privileges for each share separately.

• Raspberry Create files problem!

macom - - General

You can format the drive from the GUI: first wipe it then create a filesystem (be careful, all data will be lost) for filesystem use ext4

• Das könnte auch hilfreich sein: [HOW-TO] Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10 - Remote Mount Update - 5/19/18

• WebGUI zum x.ten mal

macom - - General

Quote from 4Szymi: “Warum wird mir kein Rootverzeichnis angezeigt? ” Da ist es doch Quote from 4Szymi: “/dev/sda1 440G 1,6G 416G 1% / ” Leider kann ich dir bei deinem Problem nicht helfen. Aber: OMV3 ist EOL. Also aus meiner Sicht solltest du das System mit OMV4 neu aufsetzen. Du kannst auch ein Upgrade versuchen mit omv-upgrade