Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 81.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Update: I did the recommended backup via clonezilla --> worked very well including testing of the image Did the upgrade --> worked well First thing I encountered was the MySQL Database could not be accessed. After resetting the root/omvadmin password this worked as well. Actually, I don´t really know what happened exactly or what made it work in the end. I also had the "rrdcached plugin could not connect to..." error in syslog. After enabling and disabling the Monitoring this error disappeared. …

• Thanks... I will go and make a backup with clonezilla. Lets hope the Upgrade will go fine. Will let you know.

• Thanks for your answer. But the big question remains: how safe will the upgrade procedure be, and how exactly is it done?

• Hello everybody, I am considering an upgrade of my omv 3.0.96 to omv 4, Debian 8 to Debian 9. I´ve got the following plugins installed: - ClamAV - Backup - Apple Filing - Docker (CE-Repo) - Fail2Ban - LetsEncrypt - MySQL - Debian 9 has MariaDB as default. Will the upgrade result in a smooth transition from MySQL to MariaDB? - Nginx - RSnapshot - FlashMemory I believe the Fail2Ban plugin hasn't been ported to omv4 yet, so I'll have to uninstall it. LetsEncrypt, MySQL, Nginx and FlashMemory are re…

• Fail2ban for OMV 4 Arrakis

nasty_vibrations - - Plugins

Maybe @pr_bond can comment on this. I think he developed the plugin.

• Firewall - something weird

nasty_vibrations - - General

Thanks, I will try that!

• Thanks! But actually the reset permission plugin doesn't do its job in this case.

• Firewall - something weird

Hello everybody, there is something weird going on with my firewall. I've got several servers set up to the public internet and from time to time (pretty much regularly) I'm not able to reach any of them. I also set up the firewall to be as safe as possible. Now the mysterious part is: as soon as I make any trivial change to the settings and immediately revert it (so that changes are written to the config file) I can reach my server again. So, I end up changing the position (or anything else) of…

• Yes, exactly what I'm talking about. I don't really understand the intentions of this umask/ownership setup. So, acl is the only solution for this?

• Is this only possible with ACL? I think it used to work "out of the Box".

• Ext4. Were you able to reproduce it?

• Nobody?

• I`d appreciate if someone could try to reproduce this. Maybe I`m doing something wrong...

• Hello everybody, I just ran into an issue when creating a shared folder including a subfolder, i.e. in the shared folder dialog I put in the path "folder/subfolder" at once. After assigning privileges to my user account and adding this to my samba shares I was not able to connect with an external client. So I checked the folder permissions and "folder" was owned by root:root, whereas "subfolder" was owned by root:users (the correct setting, I guess). I circumvented this by first creating a (sing…

• Kolab

Quote from ryecoaaron: “kolab would probably have some postfix configuration conflicts with OMV. I wouldn't run them on the same install. Use a VM if docker is too complicated. ” Would that be the same with citadel or iredmail?

• Kolab

Any chance you would build a plugin for this? Is it even possible?

• Kolab

What about a native installation? Docker seems to further complicate stuff as I don´t have a clue about docker and how to pass things through etc...

• Kolab

Hello everybody, I am very interested in Kolab and would really like to install it on my (very well running) omv3 machine. However, Kolab ships with apache as the standard webserver. So I'm a little afraid of the installation as it might break my present installation due to conflicts between apache and nginx. Is there anybody here who managed to install Kolab successfully and might give me some guidance? Or is it a bad idea in general to install Kolab? Thanks.

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

Seafile installation was successful. I changed port of omv to 81. Everything seems to be working. Just one thing, if I try to run the "omv-letsencrypt" command via scheduled jobs I get the following error message: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive --user=root -- omv-letsencrypt 2>&1': [b]Existing certificate uuid is invalid[/b] Use the Generate Certificate button…

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

Thanks for your answers @luxflow, Quote from luxflow: “anyone can access your seafile regardless of your listening port(80,81..82) ” I'm not quite sure if I understand you correctly. I have a public IP, yes. My ISP doesn't block my port 80. At the moment my router is set to forward incoming requests on port 80 to port 80 of my omv-installation. And I assume that's the prerequisit for getting a valid lets-encrypt certificate. But if I disable this port-forwarding-rule no one can access my server.…