Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from tkaiser: “That's BS since there is no '6 TB limit'. ” That thing sounded strange to me too but, as I said, I'm not an expert! So, I'll try to implement all these advices for my new OMV based NAS using rock64 sbc with hdd's connected through the JMS561 board suggested and the cables I linked on my previous post. I've just ordered these items except the rock64 board 'cause I'm still not sure on what amount of ram is better to have on. I read many threads on that subject and if I underst…

• Quote from tkaiser: “With an JMS561 for example: Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose? ” I've seen that post and the board but there's a limit of 6TB (see the item description "The maximum capacity compatibility with 6TB") and after some research on jmicron docs I was unable to find the reasons for such limitation. Maybe it's caused by firmware? Any chances to overcome that limit? I tried to contact the ebay seller also but no success at all. Moreover the socket on board seems to be rea…

• I'm planning to replace my bananapi m1 based OMV NAS with something more efficient and fast. Basically I need to add an 8TB hdd to the existing one (3TB) and I read a lot of posts from tkaiser discouraging the use of SATA multiplier as well as various tests on different SBC's ended up on advise against A20 based NAS for a lot of good reasons! That said, I really never had any issue with my current configuration but now I need to add an HDD so I'd like to step forward to something more fast. Afte…

• I've installed the BanaNAS on my banana pi m1 and I've up and running since December. I'm using a 3TB wd red hdd as storage and everything works good. My hardware accommodation is not the best at the moment and I still have board, hdd, cables, power supplies etc. laying on a plastic box (the type used to sell the fruits and vegetables) on the floor! So I'm planning to build a decent box to host everything, in 19" rack format so that I can finally put this one on my home network/hardware rack. Ho…