Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 22.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• donh' signature: If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot. better idiot ---> innovator1 After re-installing for the eleventy-first time (I think it was 5 total), it seems to be working. I simply had to let it sit after the install. OMV does state that it is finished and it is going to reboot and to remove the install media for boot up. It seems that after a minute or so of it sitting, I just pushed the reboot button on the computer. BIG MISTAKE! HUGE!!! (Julia Roberts, Pret…

• donh' signature: If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot. better idiot ---> innovator1 After re-installing for the eleventy-first time (I think it was 5 total), it seems to be working. I simply had to let it sit after the install. OMV does state that it is finished and it is going to reboot and to remove the install media for boot up. It seems that after a minute or so of it sitting, I just pushed the reboot button on the computer. BIG MISTAKE! HUGE!!! (Julia Roberts, Pret…

• No sharing. same as all installs before. I am reinstalling. will try the alt-ctrl thing.

• So...looks like I reinstall and let it sit a while when finished

• ls -las /var/log/installer ls: cannot access /var/log/installer: No such file or directory

• ok...how to get the install log?

• I can re-install again. Only takes about 15 min. Let it sit a while after installing to see if it reboots

• Doing this: mv /sbin/start-stop-daemon.REAL /sbin/start-stop-daemonin SSH did nothing

• It said it was going to reboot and to remember to remove the install media (thumb drive) It just sat there with what looked like a cli....I could type things but they did nothing. I manually rebooted it.

• Did this: Control Panel>>>Networking and Sharing Center ensure that Network discovery is turned and if necessary file and print sharing this is done under Advanced sharing settings. Back to Network and Sharing click on connections this will either be Ethernet or Wireless, Click on Properties, Select (TCP/IPv4) and click on properties, bottom right hand corner click on advanced, selecl the WINS tab and you will see the NetBIOS setting this is always set to Default and if you read the info it need…

• root@crownas:~# systemctl status nmbd ● nmbd.service - LSB: start Samba NetBIOS nameserver (nmbd) Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/nmbd) Active: active (exited) since Sat 2017-10-21 10:20:27 CDT; 3h 2min ago Process: 7005 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/nmbd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Oct 21 10:20:27 crownas nmbd[7005]: Starting NetBIOS name server: nmbd Oct 21 10:20:27 crownas nmbd[7005]: Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing. Oct 21 10:20:27 crownas systemd[1]: Started LSB: start S…

• root@crownas:~# ps aux |grep smb root 25998 0.0 0.0 12728 2268 pts/0 S+ 13:21 0:00 grep smb root@crownas:~#

• How do I get a source code box?

• All of these: Do the easy stuff first. - Disable windows firewall, till you get it working. - Use ip addresses so dns is not involved. - Be sure the workgroup is the same. Set the domain to the workgroup name. - Check the network type configuration in windows (public, work or home). I think public disables netbios. - Be sure you can ping your OMV from windows and ping windows from OMV. - Make sure the time is set on both. Windows does weird things if they are not close enough. - Try to connect t…

• I keep getting unresolved errors when submitting. But it seems to be posting after I refresh the screen. The info did get posted to the above thread.

• Wow....I kept getting a "unresolved error - please try again later" message when I hit the submit button. As you can see.....when it went through....they all were submitted. My bad...sorry.

• I tried to reply to the above thread. I get an error - unresolved error when I hit the submit button. Here is the info I tried to post: I cannot see OMV on the network, or get to the shares. Windows 10 Pro 64bit (of course) I had OMV ver 2.xx install for the last 2 years or so, worked great.... Until the os drive started to fail. It is an old 40gb laptop drive in a USB case. So...I got a new 160GB drive - installed into a new usb-3 case and installed OMV 3.0.88 After doing the upgrades, it says …

• I cannot see OMV on the network, or get to the shares. Windows 10 Pro 64bit (of course) I had OMV ver 2.xx install for the last 2 years or so, worked great.... Until the os drive started to fail. It is an old 40gb laptop drive in a USB case. So...I got a new 160GB drive - installed into a new usb-3 case and installed OMV 3.0.88 After doing the upgrades, it says now that it is ver 3.0.89 I have re-installed 3 times (4 times total) and have not been able to see OMV on the network or access any of …

• I cannot see OMV on the network, or get to the shares. Windows 10 Pro 64bit (of course) I had OMV ver 2.xx install for the last 2 years or so, worked great.... Until the os drive started to fail. It is an old 40gb laptop drive in a USB case. So...I got a new 160GB drive - installed into a new usb-3 case and installed OMV 3.0.88 After doing the upgrades, it says now that it is ver 3.0.89 I have re-installed 3 times (4 times total) and have not been able to see OMV on the network or access any of …

• The video I followed is: github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…b/master/full_install.mkv