Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Stealthvince: “I just add nfsver=3 , subtree_check and insecure were at the origin in the textbox when I create the shared folder. ” nfsver=3 is supposed to be placed in the remotemount options textbox but not the nfs share options.

• Help with Easy Backup solution

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “It would be great to be able to pick a source drive and a destination drive, a schedule, and it's done. Simple. Restore could be a button, with a "are you sure" caution popup, that restores to a new drive (raid pair, etc.) with the same label or maybe another drive that's wiped and mounted. ” So, you want something that effectively clones one drive to another drive? Not just an rsync? ie creates the partition table and filesystem then rsyncs the data. Quote from flmaxey: “th…

• Quote from NASNoob1: “Snapshots and all this stuff are totally stupid and only for people with too much time. ” Snapshots are awesome where I work. Especially when someone deletes a folder of new files created since the last backup.

• Quote from NASNoob1: “Will the ZFS plugin be supported a long time in OMV? ” Hopefully. Even if the plugin isn't supported, you could still use zfs as long as Debian supports it.

• Quote from bkeadle: “So, this bug is just a presentation issue, and not indicating a problem then? As long as the /dev/md4 shows clean, my mirror is "healthy"? ” I think it is just presentation based on your other output.

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from macom: “Would be nice to enhance anacron so that it is possible to put a command directly rather than selecting a script. ” Did you see the note under the dropdown? If you don't have a script, you can type the command.

• Quote from bkeadle: “Is that normal? ” It looks like a bug in the raid management display code where it is finding the partition created by Windows.

• Quote from NASNoob1: “Still not showing up in drive list. Am I missing something? ” This is probably a sign to not use a usb stick What is device name (ie /dev/sda)?

• Post the content of your options textbox.

• This would be a nightmare to write a tutorial for someone who is a beginner. I will look at the plugin to see if I can backup all partitions on the OS disk. Just remember that having additional partitions on the OS disk technically isn't support.

• Just a note, you can cut&paste from putty. Your output of cat /proc/mdstat doesn't show any problems. What is the query detail of md2?

• Frequent Communication Failures

ryecoaaron - - General

I don't think it is related.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from bkeadle: “Perhaps related to this separate thread - issue with RAID Mirror? ” Not sure what you mean and you didn't add a link.

• Add nfsver=3 to the options box in your remotemount setup.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from bkeadle: “I too am getting frequent timeout errors, and Bad Gateway. Seems that my CPU is awfully high, and may be the culprit. Attached is a printscreen of top. Seems odd to have so many lvdisplay processes. ” The high cpu is definitely causing the problem. I assume you have the lvm plugin installed and the cpu and disk load is high enough that lvdisplay isn't finishing in time. Not sure why the process isn't killed though.

• Quote from vcdwelt: “is it possible to include in this Backup, also another Partition of the Server? ” Not without a change to the plugin. You could add a scheduled job to do that though.

• Wipe the disk in the Physical Disks tab.

• Your dhcp server must be telling them to use that for the dns server. If you want to use something else, set your DNS server in System -> Network -> Interfaces to your local dns server or router.

• Help with Easy Backup solution

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “rsnapshot sync's shared folders - not entire drives ” When used from the plugin, this is true. But, it is the same for rsync. You are getting around that by using scheduled jobs. It is possible to do that with rsnapshot as well. Quote from flmaxey: “an Rsycn drive-to-drive "backup and restore" plugin would be pretty cool, ” It kind of already exists. If you create the rsync jobs (yes, for each shared folder) in the web interface, you can create another job with the reverse f…

• rootfs matches resource limit

ryecoaaron - - General

You need to keep drilling down. Now run du -d1 -h -x /var/lib/ | sort -h It shouldn't show space usage from a symlink.