Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 43.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OMV 4 - feedback thread

NASNoob - - General

You safed my day.

NASNoob - - General

But just to clear this question: to you see any enabled/disabled gui components where they should be? e.g. installed packages list. Normally every package should be marked with some kind of dot to let me see it's installed. But I don't see any.

NASNoob - - General

Quote: “My point was that you trust Microsoft but github smile.png ” I don't trust them either. But what I mean is, I don't want to pay to have a private repo. because of that I have a NAS. Volkers work is really incredible and I would instantly pay for his work even if OMV will be Payware. But I just don't like the fact that when working on a software for years and years everyone can copy&paste it and fork it.

NASNoob - - General

I am even an amateur software developer. I hope it's called like this. It's not my job. And yes, windows user. I would never ever in my life switch to Linux for a workstation. I use git locally but I don't push anything to github. Furthermore I don't like open source.

• Already upgraded to OMV 4 with success. I will do this clonezilla nightmare again correctly when replacing some hard disks.

NASNoob - - General

I don't really trust Github *imagine a laughing smiley here* I will think about it. But would be super nice from github to let people report bugs without forcing them to create an account first.

NASNoob - - General

Done. But I don't have and want a github account. So no bug issues from me.

NASNoob - - General

I just installed OMV 4. It's nice to have a up-to-date software. But a bit of feedback from me. Maybe other people want to let feedback here too. - save/restore the size and position of the dialog windows popping up when using e.g. a rsync job. See screenshot.

• I will write it down $ clonezilla - device image -- local_dev (putting in USB stick and pressing enter) clonezilla now wants to mount /home/partimag. In this list it only shows me my usb stick. I choose it. Now it asks me to choose a folder on this stick. I choose root ( / ). Now back on my normal putty console it displays me all my connected disks and how much they are full. I press enter. Clonezilla asks me to choose between beginner or expert mode. I choose beginner. Now savedisk (disk as ima…

• I'm not quite sure what option to use from clonezille. It asks me "works with images of disk or partitions" or "works from disk to disk or partition to partition". Edit I'm to stupid using clonezilla. It asks me the thing above, I choose the first option. Then it asks me to choose local_dev, ssh_server, samba etc and I choose local_dev. Then it tells me to put in my usb drive and press enter. After that it displays me my usb drive. At the end it wants to backup ALL my connected disks to my tiny …

• My system OS drive uses 2,02 GB currently. Currently I have 1x 2 TB drive, 1x 1 TB and 1x 160 GB drive installed. All three will be replaced soon by 3x 3 TB WD Red. First 1, the 2 others later because they are kind of expensive. Plex uses already a single folder on my data drive as backup database or main database, not sure. So this will not be a problem.

• Unfortunately my OS drive has 80 GB and my second "backup OS drive" has 160 GB. Otherwise I don't have any drive where I can backup to. I will just try omv-release-upgrade. Let's hope Plex Media Server will survive.

• My current OMV installation is on Debian 8.10. I would like to upgrade to OMV 4 but also to Debian 9.2. Does upgrading OMV 3 to 4 also upgrade my debian system? If not: how can I back up all my OMV database and settings? I ask because of this installation / upgrade guide: technikaffe.de/anleitung-415-o…l._installationsanleitung

• Changes nothing for me.

• Didn't work. I fixed it by installing 3.0.88 and re-installing 3.0.89 again.

• Like said in the title, I installed a plugin, uninstalled it but the item in the menu doesn't want to get away. It's "Shellinabox". How to remove this item now?

• It's a fresh/clean installation.

• Quote from macom: “If there are no updates the list is empty. ” When I used 3.0.86 it was empty too and there was an update I needed to download with SSH. As far as I know there won't be new features or so with 3.0.X. Only security fixes and this is not really a security problem.

• Yes I can. No problem. But my update list stays empty. This wouldn't be a problem but this seems to be a bug. I can't get any new updates like this and I dont want to use SSH all the time. If I do it with SSH and "Aktualisierungsverwaltung" is empty it has no sense at all.

• When using 3.0.86 the list was empty too. How to install plugins? The update list should at least show me already installed updates but it's simply showing nothing.