Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 104.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have more info. There is one plex server in the following path (this is the one I don't want to use): /var/lib/plexmediaserver (maybe a leftover relic from before I used docker?) and the new one I set up in: /sharedfiles/AppData/Plex/ which is where I told the docker container to use. So somehow it looks like I ended up with a version of the plex media server sitting in a different location (perhaps I misconfigured one of the docker containers wrong so it used /var/lib at at some point, but th…

• I'm baffled on how this happened, and it never did until I started using Docker for plex on OMV, but I seem to somehow have two different and unique plex media servers out there on my server. When I reboot the server, it seems one of the two plex media servers is picked by the docker to go live at random. One is up to date and contains my movie and TV library, one contains only my TV library. I checked and there's just one visual docker container running in the OMV interface for plex. Obviously …

• Still having this issue, bumping in case anyone else is as well. Radarr is fine. Sonarr running in a docker on openmediavault, even after updating the docker container, is throwing jsonrpc errors trying to reach NZBGet. Radarr with the same settings is fine leading me to believe it's something with Sonarr's docker container on OMV. If I learn more or find a fix I'll share here.

• It looks like something got messed up when manually moving from 3 to 4. I haven't added any new sharedfolders yet, but just added two drives to my setup (it's not a RAID, just all individual drives, think of it like a regular PC setup with no drive affliliation). Now, trying to create a new shared folder (nothing to do with TV2 at all), this error throws when saving config: Source Code (20 lines) Running systemctl status sharedfolders-TV2.mount: Source Code (45 lines) I think this may be the key…

• Thought I had resolved this earlier but didn't. I eventually moved NZBGet to a different port and changed sonarr to talk to it on that port instead and it seems happy again. Somehow 6789 got corrupted.

• No config changes made, have OMV4 with everyone running in their own Docker. Today, Sonarr throwing errors starting this evening. * Unable to communicate with NZBGet. Unable to connect to NzbGet. Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure: 'http://localhost:6789/jsonrpc' Tried a restart of NZBGet and Sonarr docker containers and also a full OMV reboot. Problem came right back. Log had an error about not being able to access config.xml, I checked and it did look like some of t…

• I googled this issue and it brought me here, as I see this warning all the time now, not just at boot but any time I run package updates. I also found another thread askubuntu.com/questions/834903…dm-conf-defines-no-arrays which mentions using an edit in /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf ARRAY <ignore> devices=/dev/sda as a solution. Anyone tried this? Seems pretty simple.

• Wanted to resurrect this (found via google) as I am experiencing a similar problem today. Have a bunch of drives mapped in Win10 using SMB just because it's an easy way to work with my downloads from my server. Drives spin down after 30 minutes but even after I have recently accessed them, when jumping between SMB shares, I get micro-freezes of around 3-5 seconds before the drive can be read. If I play music from a different drive (not even one of the two I am switching between on OMV) the music…

• Just wanted to come back and say thanks, everything pretty much working without having to start over which was great. Maybe a little more glitch potential not having a fresh install but I'll deal. Setting up all those downloaders again is too much of a pain so being able to transfer settings was nice. I did notice that dockers themselves are tougher to upgrade if you want to bump the container version, hopefully a better solution for that down the road, but this is nice and does seem cleaner.

• Title pretty much says it all. Since going to 4.0, I need to run: /etc/init.d/mysql status /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server status To make the red dots go away next to MySQL and NFS in the dashboard services screen. Do I need to fix something manually in the config or boot?

• Removing Entires From /Media - How?

bbddpp - - General

You can close this thread. I deleted them and they didn't survive the reboot. Simple.

• How do i use kodi headless?

bbddpp - - Plugins

Resurrecting a dead thread but hoping for help. Have the headless running great in a docker, connecting to the we interface via 8080 I can see and interact with Kodi. So far so good. Confirmed in kodi.log that advancedsettings.xml which I updated is connecting to MySQL but it's not showing me any movies or TV shows. I've tried 0.0.0.0, 192.168.1.xxx (my server's IP, which didn't seem to work) and 127.0.0.1 (which did the same as 0.0.0.0, looked clean in log, but shows no media in the web interfa…

bbddpp - - General

I think I may have an easier way to ask this -- There is another file somewhere, other than fstab and config.xml, that is holding disk UUIDs. I need to know what other file(s) I need to check to find these old references to remove them. I realize I created the problem by manually modifying these files to begin with, now I just want to fix it without having to start over. Any other config files that I might be able to check for these references would be appreciated.

bbddpp - - General

Okay, I have spent enough time on this and give up. No RAID and due to swapping out some bad drives over the last year I have hacked manually into config.xml and fstab but carefully made changes. Everything looks good and I've looked at both files 10 times. Yet, there are a few entries showing up in /media after a reboot that should not be there. These UUIDs are not referenced anywhere in fstab or config.xml, so where is openmediavault generating these from? They are invalid and I want them gone…

• This is great, thanks so much for the advice. Working well so far. I think one more question and I'm good. For the plugins where I really don't want to start over with config, like Sonarr and Plex, where I have large libraries and data running, is it as simple as backing up all the files from the existing plugin's config folder, installing the plugin in a docker, starting the container once, shutting the container down, overwriting the new docker-set config folder for the application with all th…

• Is there a way to use this feature in OMV3? Most of the Docker tutorials are using /sharedfolders and I agree this is the best cleanest way. Or is the only way to set up Dockers this way to be in OMV4 first? - Shared folders can be accessed via /sharedfolders/<name> in the root filesystem.

• What a fantastic idea to practice on 3 before I clean install to 4. Thank you!

• Thanks for getting back to me so fast. Been reading up on docker. Think it's time I backup as many plugin settings as I can (like sonarr's), backup OMV, and do a full clean installation of OMV4 instead of an upgrade. I just run a bunch of separate drives in there and no RAID, so hopefully easy to set up OMV4 from scratch and get all my data back. Always scary though. OMV3 running smooth so I hate to touch it but I know it won't last forever.

• Now that I see OMV3 is at end of life, I'd love to move to OMV4. However I run stuff like Sonarr, Radarr, NZBGet, Plex, every day and from what I am reading there is no hope of these working under OMV4 and in order to get them working I need to first master Docker and get that running in OMV4 then use it to install all these plugins. No need for instruction, as I see there are many how-to threads popping up, but is that the only path vs. just trying to move to OMV4 and keep the existing plugins …

• No worries, I appreciate all you have helped so far. Are there any regular SMART tests I can have scheduled to run so I actually get notified of these errors? I'm a little confused on how the drives show green lights in SMART inside OMV but are throwing errors. These drives are all relatively new, like a year or less old and have been running at good temps in this server. Is it possible that it's the cabling inside causing the CRC errors? I certainly have read the pitfalls of using gutted deskto…