Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 71.

• Reinstall of OMV due to a dead drive

DHGE - - General

Windows 10 is not a solution to look at Linux filesystems. You better get a CD image like systemrescuecd and boot this up, try to mount readonly what is on the kaputt disk and save the readable files to another disk. It might be a good idea to get help from someone who has done this before and is well versed in the Linux ecosystem.

• OMV not accessible after a few days

DHGE - - General

look at the files in /var/log use mc for this if working via ssh you can also view the log files via the web gui but this is more time consuming IMO

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

DHGE - - Plugins

Quote from eenca: “I can unlock on the GUI and I have the password saved in my password manager. What does it have to do with my sudoer file? ” It has nothing to do with your sudoers file - my fault (I read PATH... and "command not found"). Try it on the console. A wild guess: Your password contains characters that are not parsed properly, e.g. *

• Best Backup Method

DHGE - - General

@porkenstein I also seem to have the same requirements/stuff you have and about 2 TBytes. my setup: forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=31812&p=230918#p230918

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

DHGE - - Plugins

@eenca Your sudo user does not get the correct path set. Edit the sudoers file to set a path or work as root. If you do not know your password you are FUBAR. The correct command is (man cryptsetup): cryptsetup luksOpen <device> <name> to add a key (you need THE PASSWORD) cryptsetup luksAddKey <device> [<key file with new key>]

• Source Code (21 lines)I really doubt that advertising the server less helps the clients to find it. inotify helps. This does not work with every operating system.

• @glen_cqu What you did is not a "solution". see stackoverflow.com/questions/51…abase-not-being-refreshed and there the answer from unode You can stop/restart the minidlna service from the OMV admin web in your browser. You delete the database (everything in /var/cache will be recreated) by logging via ssh into your server, become root and then delete the file or directory in /var/cache

• General storage and encryption questions

DHGE - - General

1 yes 2 luks en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Unified_Key_Setup 3 follow some links found in the wikipedia article 4 yes but RAID and drive cloning? I would rather save the configuration files and document my config and sync/mirror the data or use rsnapshot as backup

• Quote from mannerju: “One more question: I undrestood that rsync is automatically making "incremental backup" so it will only copy new files from source folder? I also read about this syncthing, but I am afraid Netgear Stora is too limited for that. Might be good solution for more advanced NAS boxes. ” Really do yourself a favor and read the man rsync. It is long but also comes with some examples at the end. Or do a websearch on HOWTO rsync Be aware that you can configure rsync that it does not …

• I use syncthing on all my devices that have valuable data on it. The questions I can not answer: I there a plugin available for your Netgear Stora? Can you install it via commandline alternatively? syncthing.net/

• I use rsync for that. You need a user that can ssh to the backup device (use ssh-copy-id after confirming it works). Then I use a file for the tasks named rsdeltargetname.sh Shell-Script (27 lines)I run these jobs occasionally via commandline. For continous syncing I use syncthing.

• I use a SAMSUNG TV but it got the same problems (not seeing ...) as other devices - mostly Linux systems - I have. This is voodoo (somebody likes to explain?): I worked the permissions heavily. All shares got a recursive reapply of the rights. I even did it on the commadline via chmoding differently on files and directories. I made sure that the DLNA users where in the access groups. In the end I think this was just overkill on my side it should work out of the box. Try a rescan under DLNA setti…

• you should read the error message

• simplify the name ' seems to get parsed out anywhere and is not a legal part of a filename : will give you trouble with Windows users I use books in my shares and every thing works as expected here

• Crashplan Docker

DHGE - - General

I solved my backup needs several years ago. Each time I upgraded my notebooks or bought a new one with a too small disk drive I got a new spare 2.5" hard disk. I bought an USB enclosure and hooked it to my computers. The backup is run via rsnapshot (can also run on your OMV box). I rotate the media regularly and store media off premises. For backups where I do not need versions I just use rsync: rsync -avr --delete /home/rest/Gegenwart/zzdl/ /backup/rsdel/Gegenwart/zzdl For syncing (redundancy) …

• the images came a bit too late for me ... I upgraded a XU4 and a HC1 via omv-release-upgrade. On the XU4 the configuration of llvm2 hang on vgcfgbackup in the postinst script. I could not kill the process... Thanks to HDMI-output and a keyboard I could boot the 70% configured upgrade (no secure shell after reboot) and do a manual upgrade after a reboot. Both machines were lacking a busybox to update the initramfs. apt install busybox Both machines gave me trouble with weakref.py manually editied…

• got mail vom OMV...

DHGE - - General

You might have a problem with your SD-card: e.g. full or with defects is not a tty: Do a web search here in this forum. I had the same messages (warning...) and was able to rectify it via a command issued on the command line. I do not remember which. I run headless on an ODROID hc1.

• "Best" one disk NAS solution ?

DHGE - - My NAS Build

Quote from rudis: “Cool, how is the with performance? Done any test? ” duckduckgo.com/html?q=performance%20odroid%20hc1 -> among others: forum.armbian.com/topic/4983-odroid-hc1-hc2/

• "Best" one disk NAS solution ?

DHGE - - My NAS Build

ODROID hc1 or hc2 more versatile but not as potentially fast I/O wise: ODROID XU4 with USB3 HD with its own power supply I have a hc1 and XU4 (as backup) running here.

• Revive botched apt upgrade?

DHGE - - General

Maybe Armbian is a one man show ATM ...