Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 100.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey, for pci passthrough just follow the official guide. But I ended up passing the HDD's via device-by-id because pci passthrough was corrupting my data. Thanks for the tip with SCSI I'll try that some time.

• Deluge plugin for OMV 1.0

Sodden - - Plugins

You're welcome. Please mark the thread as [Solved] so others can find the solution quicker.

• Error in SnapRAID plugin after update

Sodden - - Plugins

My fist impression is very good, haven't checked the log file though, that didn't work for me in the previous version, I hope it does now.

• Error in SnapRAID plugin after update

Sodden - - Plugins

I can confirm this. Clearing cache/cookies gets rid of the errors, after that you can either use the old config which still works, but is not showing any drives in the web-ui. Or you reconfigure your drives and rename the ".content" and ".parity" files on the drives to "snapraid.content" and "snapraid.parity". After that everything should work like it used to.

• Deluge plugin for OMV 1.0

Sodden - - Plugins

I had the same problem, it's working for me with this init script.Source Code (170 lines) You should also check the default file.Source Code (8 lines)

• 2RAID and 2 mode for File System

Sodden - - RAID

Ah. I missunderstood you there. But that really is strange. To my knowledge OMV does not create any filesystem automatically, you have to create all filesystems manually or use existing ones.

Sodden - - RAID

The code tags work like this [.code][./code] without the dots. From that output however you should be able to create a filesystem on md126 (your RAID1). Can you post the output of Source Code (1 line)

Sodden - - RAID

Okay, I hope I got this right. You have a RAID1 with two 320GB disks and a RAID5 with 4 1TB Disks. After you created the RAID's only the RAID5 showed up on which you created an EXT4 filesystem, did I get that right so far? So basically your RAID1 is missing somehow ? What's the output of Source Code (1 line)

• Bittorrent client

Sodden - - Plugins

Quote from Athor: “Hi folks and thanks for the help in advance... I've noticed that my torrents have stopped downloading neither has it created any files in the directories assigned. Any ideas?” Check Permissions.

• Killed EXT4 Filesystem any ideas ?

Sodden - - General

Data corruption is still happening. I've pulled the drive that I think is broken now, it wasn't part of the raid anymore but maybe it still did something weird. I've found an interesting article that describes somewhat what I've been experiencing. peterkieser.com/2013/08/07/kvm…-causing-data-corruption/ I have to do some more testing but right now it looks like it really is a controller problem. Passing through the drives directly would fix this I guess, but then I'd lose SMART data. Has anyone …

Sodden - - General

Problem is still there. Syslog shows a lot of these. Brainfuck Source Code (25 lines) Rebuilding Raid right now. But I think I might have a damaged drive. The drive in question has a very high "Command timeout" counter. See pastebin.com/raw.php?i=JYkWMWed

• precise size of lvm

Sodden - - General

Quote from davidh2k: “Or use AuFS.” Or that. I'm not trying to convert anyone. I think it's cool how people, when faced with the same problem, come up with different solutions every single time. To each their own, as they say. I'm a "what if...." person, so I'll often come up with solutions for problems i don't actually have and try to always be one step ahead of myself. Which is rather difficult because I often decide things on a whim .

• precise size of lvm

Sodden - - General

Quote from tekkbebe: “My setup is dead simple. 4x2TB on my main server and backup to a 3x4TB server that does not run all the time. I don't use LVM, RAID, SnapRaid or any of that. I backup each whole disk of the main server. The stuff that really takes space, media, I create duplicate folder stucture on on all the drives. Then I use symlinks to bring the media to the 1st data drive. I only create one media share that is shared with SAMBA on the 1st data drive. It is frickin all to ez. If a disk …

• precise size of lvm

Sodden - - General

Right now it's the only way to decrease/increase your storage size on the fly without having to grow your raid. Just remember, the more disk you add to a raid the longer it will take to rebuild, up to the point where a disk fails during the rebuild process because it takes so long. Because most of the time all disk in an array are of the same age.

• precise size of lvm

Sodden - - General

I can confirm this. Size can only be set via slider and not very accurate. cli is quicker. Source Code (1 line)

• I'm running OMV on ProxmoxVE and so far I haven't noticed a difference with it being virtualized or running on bare metal. You need pci passthrough for SMART data. Other than that it's the same as running it the normal way. I have 2 VM's constantly running along OMV, one win7 client and a ubuntu server. Proxmox is a lot more comfortable to manage than Virtualbox, the web UI is just more mature. It all really boils down to what you want to do. If you don't use virtualization that often the Virtua…

Sodden - - General

Okay, can someone explain this to me? I was watching some videos that I copied back to the new filesystem yesterday. They were all skipping and some even restarting for no apparent reason. I tested it from another pc, same thing. I had a video file that I downloaded locally which I later renamed and copied to the new filesystem. The local copy played fine, the one on the filesystem did not. I compared MD5 and CRC32 they didn't match. So far so good, could've been a bad transfer or something. The…

Sodden - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “You can split and manage your storage with shared folders just as easily. If you lost an array for some reason, everything is gone with lvm on top. Not an lvm fan here :)” I thought everybody loved lvm . But yes, it has its downsides.

Sodden - - General

Quote from davidh2k: “Why use LVM at all? For me this just adds an unneccessary layer of complexity, and doesn't serve any goods in return in a home Environment. Greetings David” No particular reason. I just liked it. The ability to split and manage your storage with a few clicks is kinda nice. On top of that you could, for example, combine multiple raid arrays to one big storage pool.

Sodden - - General

Thanks for the tips. I tried a bunch of things before I gave up, gparted/partedmagic/testdisk all failed to get me even into the filesystem. Didn't know photorec, I'll remember that for next time. I decided to start from scratch, good time to test out kralizec too. I was smart enough to fill up my old 2TB drive, with which I started this project with, about a year ago as a cold backup, has been lying around ever since. So I guess i got that going for me. I switch to xfs too, I hope it's a bit mo…