Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 108.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• USB Boot Drive Conflict

ajaja - - Motherboards

Quote from utamav: “I have a Dell T30 server ” Which T30 and what Bios? I have T30 running on Bios 1.x booted from M.2. There is a slot on the MB.

• No Web/SSH Access

ajaja - - General

I just want to mention that I am able to mount my AFP and SMB mounts. I can also see my PLEX library, but it is 'indirect' How might I troubleshoot my in ability to get SSH and Web interface?

• No Web/SSH Access

ajaja - - General

` Quote from TheLostSwede: “Can you ping your OMV box from your PC? ” Yes PING 192.168.0.30 (192.168.0.30): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 192.168.0.30: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=2.167 ms 64 bytes from 192.168.0.30: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=2.168 ms 64 bytes from 192.168.0.30: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=1.778 ms

• No Web/SSH Access

ajaja - - General

Quote from TheLostSwede: “How about omv-firstaid? omv-firstaid Usage ” Thank you. I have run omv-firstaid but I find nothing there that seems to be a tool for fixing this. What should I be doing with omv-firstaid?

• No Web/SSH Access

ajaja - - General

What I know: While administrating Docker containers I was getting 'Communication Error' pop-ups I was then unable to reboot the computer via the web I pushed the power button on the computer which setoff the shutdown sequence Booted the box up, having keyboard and display connected, logged in as root. I am unable to connect via Web/SSH. I do have same IP and am able to connect to Internet. Where should I start?

• Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Procedure

• Plex Plugin or Docker CE Plex

ajaja - - Plugins

Now seems to be the best time to get your Docker on.

• Dual Nic and one switch

ajaja - - Network

Quote from tinh_x7: “Some mode like RR, TLB...Try out each of them to see the result. I'm using TLB. ” Thank you for your response. Please understand that I ask here because I am a bit clueless. (Railroad and Tender Loving Beach) What are RR & TLB? Any pointers as to how you enable and use TLB? allacronyms.com/TLB/Network allacronyms.com/RR/Network

• Dual Nic and one switch

ajaja - - Network

I too would like to know what I can do with my additional Nic. I am sure there is an advantage with Docker. I do run Haugene/Transmission-OpenVPN. So what can be done with a second(third) Nic?

• - I am running 0MV 4 on my T30. I am also running bios 1.02 so that I can use the M.2 as my boot drive. Grub was not loading for OMV 3 in my early attempts.

• mergerfs.balance doesn't work

ajaja - - Plugins

Quote from gderf: “Is there a reason you cannot remove the drive you wish to empty from the defined mergerfs pool and then… ” I assumed that at the time the drive is removed from the pool its data too would be unavailable. If so each service that depends on the data would need to be downed. My question was not asking how to remove a drive from the pool and copy or move its contents. Rather I was checking if mergerfs.balance or any of the mergerfs-tools would have the ability to automate the proc…

ajaja - - Plugins

Quote from gderf: “Is there a reason you cannot remove the drive you wish to empty from the defined mergerfs pool and then copy or move its contents to a location in the pool? ” Nope, yet that is not the point of my query. It would be nice to be able to remove the drive's content without taking the server out of service.

ajaja - - Plugins

Quote from trapexit: “…by using the exclude path option you could exclude specific drives in the pool from being targets so you could balance files to a subset of drives. It might not be too much work to add a flag to filter targets by available directory but I'm not sure it'd work too well TBH. ” I am appreciating mergerfs.balance. I recently brought a drive online that is 150% the capacity of the next largest drive. It is great to have this tool to redistribute and unburden my smaller drives. …

• Here is what I have done today: Stopped PLEX container # cp -r /home/whale/.config/ /srv/7911fa44-a322-442c-a434-6c2ad2f3b1ff/whale/.config/ # chown whale:users -R /srv/7911fa44-a322-442c-a434-6c2ad2f3b1ff/whale/.config/ # ls -lah /srv/7911fa44-a322-442c-a434-6c2ad2f3b1ff/whale/.config/ Checked that folders were executable: drwxr-xr-x 3 whale users 4.0K Apr 3 09:45 plex In Docker UI; pointed /config from: /home/whale/.config/plex to: /srv/7911fa44-a322-442c-a434-6c2ad2f3b1ff/whale/.config/plex S…

• Quote from ajaja: “Could this have anything to do with my data volume being a UnionFS mount? If so how do I solve? ” I have received many great leads here and I might have a bit of time today to break my server some more. @Huberer and @gderf have given much to work with. It seems that mergerfs is a sticky booger, when it comes to PLEX and others. Here is another reference that I will be working on understanding. My current mergerfs options: fuse.mergerfs defaults,allow_other,use_ino,dropcacheonc…

ajaja - - Plugins

@trapexit, I am getting an error that I do not know what to do with. Sure would appreciate your guidance. Thank you Here is my input/output: root@OMVi3:/# python --version Python 3.5.3 root@OMVi3:/# mergerfs.balance -s 10M -e "*aquota*" -e "snapraid*" -e "stignore*" -E "*docker/*" -E "*stfolder/*" /srv/7911fa44-a322-442c-a434-6c2ad2f3b1ff/ /usr/local/bin/mergerfs.balance: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' /usr/local/bin/mergerfs.balance: line 7: `<!DOCTYPE html>' How I install…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “...It seems like your setup is failing when ACLs are in place. Try removing those. ” ACLs have been gone for a few days. I will keep at this, but I am at my hair pulling limit. Might just put in a 120GD boot device. That should hold my docker and plex data for a while.

• Could this have anything to do with my data volume being a UnionFS mount? If so how do I solve?

• Well this(OMV) has been a learning experience for me. I do appreciate the help I get here. Tricky to ask questions when I am limited in understanding the subject. This is my first venture into Docker. I have been doing my learning on my secondary server. It will be a week before I come back to that computer. In the meantime I realize that my primary server has a 220GB M.2 boot drive. I am thinking it best to keep Docker and PLEX needs on that big fast drive. Which I got up and running last night…

• 10GB Mellanox (MCX353A-QCBT) OMV3 OFED

ajaja - - General

Quote from RacerX: “There is an option I'm not sure about this so i'd though I ask if it's ok to try this. ” I read your post twice. I looked for what you are asking. Did you ask a question? What is it you are wanting from this community?