Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 60.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Configuring LACP

nameBrandon - - Network

I believe LACP requires your switch to support it. For general bonding/teaming, this is pretty straightforward. tecmint.com/network-nic-bonding-teaming-in-debian-linux/

• Thank you! It does come with the firmware for a JBOD setup out of the box, so I think that should be the right one. I appreciate the response!

• I've had 8x 3TB drives running in a RAID-6 array for a couple of years now, all internal in a full tower case with SATA connectors (4 on a SATA expansion card, 4 on the motherboard). I'm looking at purchasing a Lenovo SA120 DAS (amazon.com/gp/product/B00LSQOY6G/) which has 12 bays for drives, and will move all of the drives to the DAS. I plan to use an LSI 9200-8E PCIE (amazon.com/gp/product/B002QJZLCA/) for a controller card to connect the DAS to the existing tower server. I've never really use…

• Another clean, degraded

nameBrandon - - RAID

Saw this guide to resolving the issue.. performed the change, I imagine this will resolve the alert but will follow up if it doesn't. Remove the "SparesMissing event"

nameBrandon - - RAID

Hrm.. that probably seems like it would've been a good idea to do before I replaced the drive.. Thanks for the reply! The button is not active within the RAID GUI area of OMV. I also received SparesMissing email this morning, as well as a DegradedArray alert. Related, I assume.. Suggestions? Source Code (1 line) Source Code (1 line)

nameBrandon - - RAID

I had a drive start throwing a lot of SMART errors relating to pending sectors and then those eventually became unreadable, etc.. I replaced the drive, and rebuilt the array. All is well, except the RAID status is clean,degraded. All drives that should be in the array are showing up, however there is an 8th drive (there are only 7 drives total in the array) showing as removed. This was /dev/sdi that was the bad drive. However, I have an external USB also plugged into this system that seems to ha…

• Perhaps a bug.. Seeing the following error when attempting to enable 'UPS' (NUT) service on my build (netinstall wheezy + krazilec repo) Source Code (14 lines) Using the following values.. Driver configuration directives Source Code (3 lines) Shutdown mode - UPS goes on battery Shutdown timer - 210 Solution apt-get install bc further issues Attempting to view "UPS" from "Services" menu Source Code (8 lines) solution ensure identifier field and configuration name given in brackets [] are matching…

• OMV hangs on boot

nameBrandon - - General

Am going through this same thing right now.. waiting forever on "checking quotas".. I may give up and just wipe the OS drive since I was going to do it anyway.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “If you click the install backports kernel button in omv-extras, it is very easy. That will give you the 3.2 kernel (same as standard Wheezy kernel) which should support usb3.” My hero! Will give it a shot shortly. Thank you!

• Thanks.. one more reason to use the wheezy base I guess! Out of curiosity, is it a complicated procedure to upgrade to a later kernel with the standard sardaukar install? Since I'm going to be re-installing wheezy + kralizec after this backup is done, it's not the end of the world if some features break, as long as the file system and mdadm are OK. It just looks like USB 2 speed with 7 TB = 40 hours. USB 3 speeds = ~ 6 hours. Edit- I suppose I could try on a VM first..

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “What kernel is the system running currently? It may not support usb3 fully and you would probably get faster speeds plugging it into a usb2 port.” Ahh, very good point! # uname -r 2.6.32-5-amd64 Also, not sure if it matters, but I am running rsync inside of a screen session, so that I can detach and log off. Edit - I'll cancel rsync, unmount the drive and move it to USB2, and see if that works faster.

• Hi everyone. In preparation for wiping my ext4 filesystem, installing Kralizec and re-creating the filesystem, I purchased 2 x 5TB USB 3 drives so that I could backup my data. I'm seeing very slow transfers from my array (RAID6 / ext4) to the USB drive. Attempting to move 2.5TB has thus far taken over 12 hours (still running). The destination USB drive is ext4 as well. It's plugged into a USB3 port. For the transfer, I'm using rsync (rsync -vrh [source] [destination]). I have about 7 more TB to …

• Quote: “xfs has fsck. Maybe you don't have xfsprogs installed??​” Thanks! I have not even tried XFS yet, this was just from research I had done comparing EXT4 and XFS. A consistent comment seemed to be that the support tools for XFS were not as mature or robust as the equivalent tools for EXT4. Perhaps I was reading outdated information.

• Thanks! I'll give that a try, and if it fails for some reason, use XFS as a backup. I like what I've ready about XFS and think it might be a better match for HTPC / streaming video than EXT4, but the lack of robust tools like fsck for it concern me. I think the real bottleneck for any HTPC /streaming video operations is wifi transfer anyway.

• Thanks! Just a though though.. If I wipe the OS, install Wheezy, install Krazilec (sp?), when I create the new file system, I should be able to use etx4 to create a file system larger than 16TB, right? I'm questioning the need for XFS if I use a Wheezy base install..

• I have a plan.. - I've ordered 2x 5TB USB3 external drives which I will use to backup the data. - I will then delete the current ext4 file system, and re-create a new filesystem using XFS extending to the full 18TB. - Then I plan on copying the data back to the new XFS file system. Assumptions- The latest stable build of OMV can create and properly operate an XFS file system (I plan on verifying that on a virtual PC). - Samba can provide shares and properly operate on an XFS file system (need to…

• I started to post in this thread about the problems I was having after I grew my array to 18TB. The array gew fine, but the resize command would not work for my filesystem. Using (livecd) gparted/part magic did not work, as gparted found problems with the partition (though OMV showed no issues). I figured I would make a new thread to discuss solutions to this problem. [solved] Resize doesn't work I attempted to run a gparted 'check' on the partition to resolve any problems, but it eventually cra…

• [solved] Resize doesn't work

nameBrandon - - RAID

Well great. Going on almost 1 hour and gparted appears to be hung. I don't hear any HDD usage either. Edit - 'top' has gpartedbin @ 99.0-99.9% of CPU utilization, with e2fsck showing 0-3% utilization. I guess I will just let it run for a while and see if gparted comes back to life.

nameBrandon - - RAID

I just saw this posted above from mcflym Quote: “So you have to check the partition to resize!” It was at the very bottom of his post so I missed it, so I am attempting to 'check' the partition in gparted first, and will see if I can resize afterward.

nameBrandon - - RAID

Same error on parted magic.. Back to Googling.. I wonder if I can run gparted locally, without a boot disk, as long as I unmount the ext4 file system.. I might try that.