Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So you did not use the backup plugin? Then probably: Quote from ryecoaaron: “Might be easier to just write a new HC2 image to your sd card. ”

• Highlight plexmediaserver (as in your screenshot) press edit enable the repo

• Networki setup

macom - - General

I keep the field empty askubuntu.com/questions/40887/…-the-search-domains-field

• Quote from trohn_javolta: “How is the right way to update debian with omv? First do omv-release-upgrade? And later change sources? ” If you do omv-release-upgrade the sources will be updated automatically as part of the upgrade. This is for the case you have a backup and you can start over from that point before any upgrade attempt.

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

macom - - Plugins

Ok, your are right. When I entered a command I got a selection of available sripts. So I entered my command and pressed enter and the closest script name was selected. Instead I would have to click outside of the window. Pressing tab is not working either.

macom - - Plugins

I tried to set up a scrub job, but got an error message. Probably have to try harder. I will try again and reply with the command I added.

macom - - Plugins

Would be nice to enhance anacron so that it is possible to put a command directly rather than selecting a script. Especially for less experienced users it is more easy to put a command.

• Help with Easy Backup solution

macom - - General

Quote from flmaxey: “rsnapshot sync's shared folders - not entire drives ” you can use rsnapshot on /sharedfolders on OMV4 which basically backups all the user data

• WOL not possible after SW update

macom - - General

Do you have WOL enabled in the network settings in the GUI of OMV?

• for RAID1 have a look here and here and here

• Quote from PIgod: “I tried to set a new static address from the GUI but it keeps on crashing. ” Can you post screen shots of the settings in the GUI of OMV?

• Ich denke OMV benutzt immer die ganze Plattte. Eine zweite Partition muß also immer im Nachgang erzeugt werden.

• For details check this GUIDE New User Guide - Getting Started with Openmediavault from page 34

• Quote from PIgod: “How do i change it now so i can log in from my computer and view my files? ” You can use the new IP address instead of the previous one. Alternative: In the GUI of OMV you can configure a static IP address. You must make sure that this address is not used by the router for dynamic IP. forum.openmediavault.org/index…d879994d0f710bf2d5e6b5a65

• Help with Easy Backup solution

macom - - General

Quote from porkenstein: “My server doesn't run all the time like most. ” You can setup an anacron job. Anacron is made for jobs on servers that do not run 24/7. Search the internet for "anacron vs. cron". Example: tecmint.com/cron-vs-anacron-sc…s-using-anacron-on-linux/ Disadvantage: you have to write a small script for a rsync job. Alternative would be to run a job on a regular basis at a time when the server is likely running. Or you automatically start the server using "rtcwake" at a specific…

• Quote from unitymedia: “Scheint mir irgend wie aufwändig , gibts doch bestimmt eine Lsung über gui, oder ? ” Nö, geht nur so. OMV ist dafür ausgelegt, System und Daten zu trennen und dafür getrennte Datenträger zu verwenden. Daher gibt es nur diesen Workaround. Du kannst OMV aber auch auf eine SD Karte oder einen USB stick installieren. In dem Fall das flashmemory-plugin installieren.

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

macom - - Announcements

Quote from chatzakis: “If I get the HC2 with the 3.5" support will it work straight away if I plug in the microSD from the HC1??? ” If you use the same SD and HD I would expect that it is working right away.

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

macom - - Announcements

Quote from chatzakis: “Is there a faster way to do this internally so it goes straight to the usb drive, which I imagine will be a lot quicker??? ” Use the CLI. Or use a simple file manager called Midnight Commander (mc) Install from CLI with sude apt install mc Start with mc However on my HC2 I had issues when copying data from an USB drive to the internal drive. The processors become very hot and the HC2 shut down. I had to reduce the CPU frequency to make it continuously work.

• Check you router which IP has been assigned to your NAS. Or use the server name (hostname) instead of the IP adress. If you are able to connect a display and keyboard to your server you can also use ip addr to find out the IP address.

• You mention two observations 1. SMB share cannot be reached 2. GUI cannot be reached If they have a common cause it might be that the NAS has been assigned a different IP adress. Have you checked this? Are you able to access the CLI using Putty?