Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 93.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Installing OMV on USB HDD

danieliod - - General

Quote from macom: “Why not use the ISO from OMV4? It is also Debian 9. openmediavault.readthedocs.io/en/latest/releases.html” Thank you for the info, my main concern is related to the usage of USB Drive for the OS. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Installing OMV on USB HDD

danieliod - - General

I’m considering installing Debian 9 and then OMV 4 on a USB 3 drive. Is that a good practice? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• New System installation

danieliod - - RAID

I can afford a downtime, but I’m not sure how exactly the mergers works. And what is SnapRAID all about. I experience today issues with Ext4 as there are repeating errors that are unable to be recovered. What is the recommended FS these days? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• New System installation

danieliod - - RAID

Hello, I would like your advise on the the best solution how to define my storage. I currently run OMV 3 with 3x3TB drives with RAID5 file system ext4. I want to add another 3TB that I already have but also don't want to continue with RAID5 or with ext4. I want the flexibility to grow my storage in the future with larger HDDs (not the same size) but also to be protected in cases when 1 drive may fails. My data is mostly static as I store pictures, documents, and Video files. Please help me under…

• Run OMV from Docker - Pros/Cons

danieliod - - General

I have installed it on a Intel I3 2nd generation CPU. The docker was installed successfully but couldn't Pull the images.

danieliod - - General

Hi, I have tried this approach but found that OMV 4 is not stable yet and needs some Manual tweaks. For example, I was not able to Pull any images from Docker...

danieliod - - General

Hello, I'm running today OMV 3 on a dedicated server with a RAID 5 array of 3X3TB drives. I would like to take my Server 1 step further and make it run KODI as well. I have Installed KODI on Debian Strech and OMV 4 and it's working fine. The problem is that OMV is still missing some Plug-Ins that I need. Would it be possible to Run OMV 3 on Debian Stretch from Docker? I have found this on GitHub: ikogan/openmediavault somebody tried it already and can recommend? Any other suggestions/thoughts ar…

• RAID5 with unexplained error

danieliod - - RAID

Quote from Sc0rp: “Hi, beginning from the start-post if have a question: How did you use your box? 24/7? Powering down the box anyway? The errors are not raid related - only FS related. And this seems that you (sometimes?) hard cut the power off your system, or something similar. Hint: fsck needs often more runs ... Quote from danieliod: “And what is the recommendation for the 3X3TB drives I have? I need at least 6 GB for storage. ” - Backup, Backup and Backup ... then the redundancy is optional…

danieliod - - RAID

Thank you, I will have a look. So what is the recommendation for recreating my system? I have an 240GB SSD for the OMV system, what FS it should be? And what is the recommendation for the 3X3TB drives I have? I need at least 6 GB for storage. Thank you

danieliod - - RAID

Hi, Thank you for all the details, I will need to take some time and learn it carefully but my preference is 6TB raidz1 array I have just recently installed OMV from Scratch due to the upgrade from OMV 2 to 3. On the meanwhile, I would appreciate an input regarding the current FS issue I have mentioned above, is that safe to delete that INODE in the lost+found?

danieliod - - RAID

Hi, I'm ready with all the needed backups to my data. Please advise what are the next steps to improve my File System. Thank you

danieliod - - RAID

Hello, Thank you very much for the inputs, I really appreciate it. As I understand from the responses I need to upgrade my File System. I would really much like to do that and would appreciate your guidance. How do I know what is the best FS for me? Regarding the current issue, I have received the following: Source Code (1 line)Can I just delete it?a628c649f62b522afe3656a5083684b5.jpg I also got his message during boot, tried to run the find command on these and got the same output for structure…

danieliod - - RAID

Thank you very much for the detailed instructions, please see attached the outputs: SDC SDD SDE I would appreciate feedback and guidelines how to proceed. Thank you

danieliod - - RAID

Quote from macom: “I am not a SMART expert, but to me the reports look fine. Just the load cycle count is quite high which is probably a result of agressive APM settings. Your drives are around 300k. For my drives 600k are specified. I had rapidly increasing load cycle counts in the past. I solved it by disabling hdparm and using hd-idle instead. Concerning your first post I found this with google. May be it helps you. Hopefully somebody else can give you a better response.” Thank you for the qu…

danieliod - - RAID

Hi, I would appreciate support reading the S.M.A.R.T report for my 3 HDD. Thank you

danieliod - - RAID

Hi, I looked on the SMART and didn’t understood how to read it. Which parameter should I focus on? Can I post it here for analysis? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danieliod - - RAID

Hello, I have RAID 5 with 3 3TB drives. I keep receiving the message below although I run fsck and it fixes things but the message keeps appearing. Is there a way to understand the cause for it and to fix it? Please let me know if there is additional data that I need to provide Source Code (3 lines)

• I would appreciate a reply with some guidelines Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thank you, that fixed the issue and now the WebGUI is accessible. Now the second problem: I don't see in the Plugin section all the plugins that were installed and are still working. Is there a way to fix? And I also don't see the plugins from the OMV repository It also seems that I'm missing the PHP installation, how do I reinstall it? I have saved my original config.xml file, if I will replace it with the current one it should work?

• Hello, I found a reference and opened SSH and executed: Source Code (1 line)This allows me to login as long as the session open. How do I make it permanent? Aslo, I don't see all the plugins that were installed and are still working. Is there a way to fix?