Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

ljones - - Announcements

Quote: “Yes. So why not stopping your experiments with direct cable connections to another PC and simply attaching your device to any normal network where it gets an IP address from the DHCP server running on the Internet access router? These OMV images are meant to be set up in an easy way. You don't need to fiddle around with anything, simply connect it to any normal network and you're done. ” .......yep. Pretty much. I've dug out an old router to try and use -- I can't use my normal main rout…

ljones - - Announcements

Ok I decided to go back to square one in the end. Redownloaded, checked and reflashed and decided to start off again with the XU4 (at least it has a display if something goes wrong!). And lo and behold that dosen't seem to want to get an IP address! So maybe it is the system I'm using dosen't for some reason have a DHCP client? (It's just a normal debian stretch system, x86-64 with a KDE plasma desktop and networkmanager). Just to clarify (unless I'm going mad) there has to be a DHCP server some…

ljones - - Announcements

I'm not sure if the DHCP server has dynamic DNS -- I'm just using the basic tools such as ifconfig, dhcpcd and dhclient to try this out. I did try to use dhcpcd by doing "dhcpcd enp1s0 &" (the erhernet port on the PC I'm using has a weird name!). That then set the PC's IP address (it is connected to the HC2) to "169.254.192.63" which looks like a bit of a weird IP address. But doing ping odroidxu4 didn't seem to work -- I got "ping: odroidxu4: temporary failure in name resolution". No success, a…

ljones - - Announcements

I took the card out of the HC2 and had a look around. I found some trouble at the beginning of /var/log/bootstrap.log Source Code (93 lines) and later (just posting a small amount here) Source Code (67 lines) ljones

ljones - - Announcements

Some good points there! Though so far I still haven't gotten very far - just been trying it out again. I tried both using dd and etcher btw but I got the exact same result ( I remember a while back when I first wrote the microsd for the XU4 I just used dd after decompressing the .xz file -- that worked). I've also been trying out "angry IP" ( I did not try it for the HC2 or etcher for the XU4 a while back as they both looked like they were some sort of propietary pieces of software) . No joy so …

ljones - - Announcements

I've just recently got the new HC2 device and I'm getting the exact same issues as a lot of other people, i.e. there's never an IP address. Right now I've decided to order the special usb/UART device so I can try to work out just what on earth is going on. Really hard to try to figure out with no display! (I am not sure, but *hopefully* it should be as simple as plugging it in, connect the other end to a PC and then try e.g. screen /dev/ttyUS0 115200) . For now my guess is that there is either o…

• Problem with OMV on Odroid XU4

ljones - - NFS

Ok, I gave this a try, but it didn't work -- after trying I could not mount NFS at all (the debian box would just hang). So I've tried to reverse it by doing: Source Code (1 line) So far I've not had the NFS problem I had above (in the sense I haven't had to disable/enable NFS and restart OMV). But I'm keeping an eye on it as I don't think it is solved! ljones

ljones - - NFS

Now starting to look at OMV; Source Code (8 lines) Source Code (11 lines) What does "active (exited)" mean? Does that mean it was running and it has stopped or ? And should portmapper be running (if it isn't maybe it crashed?). Not sure. ljones

ljones - - NFS

Was not sure what to try but in the end I tried doing (on the debian box, not the OMV): Source Code (1 line) From memory, nfs-common is (presumably) still installed. Weirdly this seems to be working so far and I'm not getting mounting errors any more. Weird because before in the past this seemed to be needed to installed. Update Unfortunatly it dosen't seem to have worked. Worked a couple of times now I'm back to the same problem again ljones

ljones - - NFS

Still not got anywhere so far. A little more info though; (From a debian box connected to OMV) Source Code (22 lines) Source Code (2 lines) Source Code (2 lines) Source Code (9 lines) Weird. Why would 'service nfs status' fail like that when service nfs-kernel-server works? Or is this still an OMV problem? ljones

ljones - - NFS

Hello all! I'm having an odd problem with running OMV and NFS on an odroid XU4 system. First of all some details about OMV on the odroid device: Hostname = odroidxu4 version = 3.0.92 kernel = 4.9.61-odroidxu4 The odroid is using an external hard drive connected to the usb port of that device although it has its own power supply. The system I'm connecting to OMV is just a normal x86 box running debian 9 via ethernet. I also get the same error on a different debian box running the next version of …

• Two questions about OMV

ljones - - General

I had to look for that option. But indeed it wasn't checked! So I'll try some more and see what performance is like. Mind you I still have a problem with KDE/Dolphin and NFS. Though it's a different problem than before -- I can access it, but; - directories all show up as "Unknown" instead of the amount of files in the directory (e.g. 3 FIles) - Text files can't be read correctly (e.g. by kwrite) - it says "Failed to mount /export". There's also a "try again" button which if pressed then works. …

ljones - - General

Apologies for reviving this older thread, but something odd is going on. Using the same equipment and setup my speed seems to have collapsed. I did once in the posts above get 160MB/s and 155MB/s but now it seems to have dropped down to around 65MB/s. I did try another hard drive, and that was worse at 45MB/s. I can confirm I'm writing to the hard drive and not the SSD. What could cause such a big drop? Update -- Possible fix though still not as good as before. I added in OMVs options - "edit sh…

ljones - - General

I double checked again and this time I even explicitly mounted the second hard drive (1TB) directly by doing: Source Code (1 line) I did it in this way so as to avoid any errors for sure this time. Using the command "df -h" I could see I have about 917GB on /tmp/0 which shows it must be the hard drive and not the SSD (which is a lot smaller - !) Running "cfdisk" also confirmed that this was the right drive this time. The results this time were better but not straight off. I tried running Source …

ljones - - General

Ok I gave those commands a try; Source Code (2 lines) At best I got 14.0948s/ 76.2MB/s write speed. As to what hardware I'm using here's a list; Memory - 16GB (output of 'free' follows); Source Code (4 lines) CPU - AMD A10 7850K Motherboard - Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+ Output of 'lspci' - Source Code (27 lines) Update here's another list with from Debian jessie lspci; Source Code (27 lines) The hard drive btw I'm using (the system drive in an SSD) a WD 1TB drive, Blue, 64mb cache type WD10EZEX, date 13…

ljones - - General

Will give that a try (edit: updated system successfully!). Though I seem to have found a much worse problem .... slow read/write speeds over ethernet. Both the ethernet devices in the two machines I'm using are capable of 1000Mps. Running the command "ethtool" gives "Speed: 1000Mb/s" for both devices. Both machines are connected directly to one another; the cable is a brand new (about 1 metre length) cat 6A cable. Write speed was around 45mb/s; read speed just over 100mb/s. Sounds a bit low - no…

ljones - - General

I managed to give 2.x (2.1) and also 1.14 (linked to above) a go. The results were well .... mixed to say the last. First of all I tried OMV 1.14. The poster above was right - it did indeed after boot detect the on board network. Though for some reason it didn't want to recognise the hard drive I put in the machine quite right -- some sort of issue with partitions - will have to try again on that one. Also I found that 1.14 didn't quite like my usb wireless stick (I'm not planning on connecting …

ljones - - General

Ok will give that a go. Once OMV is installed is there any way to fix the non-detection problem? Could it just be missing something like a firmware (.fw) file in /lib/firmware? To check btw I booted off a live cd so I could find out just exactly what that network device was - lspci lists it as Qualcomm Atheros QCA8171 Gigabit adapter. ljones

ljones - - General

I did try installing version 2.x at first but it did not manage to detect the onboard network adapter at install time alas ljones

ljones - - General

Hello all! Just recently started using openmediavault btw. I am currently using the x86-64 version number 3.0.2. However I have come across one problem and have one question to ask as well. First of all the problem. I am using openmediavault on a normal x86-64 box which has 2 hard drives, one of which is removable. I can install OMV without any problems but the problem comes if I try to change the removable hard drive (not the other hard drive which has OMV on it!). So if I install OMV with one …