Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 39.

• Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

vinntec - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from vinntec: “Burned image to SD card no problem. Booted very quickly, enabled root login on GUI, connected on SSH, and issued command "armbianmonitor -u" as requested. Response was "System diagnosis information will now be uploaded to ix.io/1bJJ" which I hope has worked, no error messages. ” Yep, ix.io/1bJJ looks fine to me. One known problem of the new image is that Hardkernel's support repos for their Cloudshell 2 stuff do not work. At image creation time I got Sou…

vinntec - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from vinntec: “I will lookout for the Odroid HC2 image and fire that up when available ” Here you go: OMV_4_Odroid_XU4_HC1_HC2.img.xz ” Burned image to SD card no problem. Booted very quickly, enabled root login on GUI, connected on SSH, and issued command "armbianmonitor -u" as requested. Response was "System diagnosis information will now be uploaded to ix.io/1bJJ" which I hope has worked, no error messages.

vinntec - - General

I will lookout for the Odroid HC2 image and fire that up when available. Both are currently on 4.1.7 using the old upgrade method, but it is a simple SD card swap to test the new burn.

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

vinntec - - Announcements

Quote from footy: “Hi, I just bought an Odroid HC2. I was burning the OMV_3_0_92_Odroidxu4_4.9.61.img.xz image using etcher. If I plug the in the HC2 the blue and the green leds are blinking, but not the leds on the ethernet port. I was trying 3 different cable and 3 different switches, but leds remain dark, I guess I have a hardware issue. Does anyone an idea what else could I try? Thank you. Regards, Tamas ” On the two I recently installed, one of them kept losing the network connection until …

• As far as the difference in Ethernet port is concerned, this is due to a change to the use of "Predictable Network Interface Names". Not sure why they didn't both use eth0 or the new names, but that's a different question. You can force the system to use either - the HC2 only has a single Ethernet port so I preferred to use eth0 format. You do this by providing a boot parameter, which used to be done in /boot/boot.ini, but if you look in there it says to make changed to /boot/armbianEnv.txt (whi…

• As I had carefully documented what I did, I went back to the basic working OMV4 image and redid all the customisation. OMV looks fine now, except for the Ethernet port: Network-->Interfaces - on system 1 the Ethernet interface is eth0, on system 2 it is still enx001e06328f51. I think I will put this remaining problem on the Odroid forum. although everything appears to be working fine. No idea what went wrong first time around!

• A few photos to show what I mean: open open

• This is really weird. I have 2 x Odroid HC2 and installed the current image and upgraded that to OMV4. Image saved and this was used to create the final SD cards for both HC2. So both started with a basic working OMV4 ready for customisation. However today I got on to configuring the second one and realised that it looked different to the first. Dashboard - on system 1 the services are marked Enabled and Running with green spots, but on system 2 the Enabled column is blank and Running has the ol…

• Installation Xu4 / HC2 Odroid

vinntec - - General

Quote from steakhutzeee: “As i know, openmediavault upgrade/update automatically at first boot. If this not happens, you can do it from the gui, so why use ssh? ” No - the installation updates the current version OMV_3_0_92 during installation. You have to do the conversion to OMV4 yourself - which you can only do from SSH.

• Installation Xu4 / HC2 Odroid

vinntec - - General

I have just installed OMV on 2 x Odroid HC2 and upgraded to OMV4 with very few problems running completely headless from the start. Basically: 1. Download the latest image and burn to SD card (it fits easily on 8GB). 2. Fire up OMV using that. 3. Find the IP address of the HC2 and login to OMV so you can allow root login from SSH (in SSH settings). 4. Login from SSH using default credentials (root/openmediavault). 5. omv-release-upgrade and leave it to run. It takes a while depending on various …

• OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

vinntec - - Announcements

Quote from tkaiser: “With this latest OMV image also nand-sata-install to transfer the OMV installation over to a HDD or SSD is finally working. But you should keep in mind that this will prevent disk sleep with HDDs (please check also the JMS578 spindown firmware issue that is about to be resolved soon). And you must keep in mind that you need to create partitions on a connected disk first otherwise OMV won't allow you to use this disk also for data later! So a good recommendation could be to u…

• I downloaded the same image and it creates two partitions - 1 is ext4 64MB, 2 is btrfs 863 MB, the remainder is unallocated. Neither of these are visible on Windows (it can see two "drives" but not the contents), but I can see both partitions no problem on Debian. I don't have a Bananapi to flash, but this might be helpful.

• There is a video in another thread which gives good information about this Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?. There is a second video which adds Odroid HC1 to this (and by implication HC2 although that will use a hard disk). I recently rebuilt my OMV3 setup on RPi3 as I wanted to get rid of the software RAID of my original - so instead I now have 2 x RPi3 OMV3 each with a hard disk - one which is for backups, and the other for media. They also mutually back each other up. It all wor…

• OMV and latest Windows 10 Update 1803

vinntec - - Network

Quote from flmaxey: “From the process (under Windows is "Windows"), you can create a server Shortcut on the Windows 10 desktop as @porkenstein did. For convenience, right click the Shortcut icon and pin it to Quick Access and Start. If you've set SMB2 "on" and there are no firewall issues, shortcuts should work in nearly any circumstance. It may not be as convenient as network browsing (depending on preference) but it's much more reliable. ________________________________________________________…

vinntec - - Network

I have followed the instructions and everything is working fine without SMB1. The two Windows machines can see each other and their shares as normal, but they can't "see" the Linux shares. However, iTunes can find the music server no problem and I can mount any share I want using "map network drive", which seems to work exactly as browsing used to.

vinntec - - Network

Quote from porkenstein: “Ok I fixed the problem but not sure if it's dangerous. I had to enable smb1 which in not enabled with a fresh install of Windows with latest 1803 update. Any opinions on doing this? ” I had to do that after applying 1709, so this was already in place when I put 1803 on.

vinntec - - Network

My Windows did the update last night and so far all the shares both ways are working fine. I did, however, say no to all the things Microsoft wanted to do with my data!

• remote mount - offline shares

vinntec - - Plugins

As far as my problem with the laptop is concerned, I do the backup for this manually as weekly is sufficient. So this bypass works for me: 1. Check the mount point on OMV root (I use mount) //192.168.1.145/c on /srv/6c12ad5d-36ad-44eb-95cb-6d6dc3c2b87f type cifs ... 2. Unmount the share using the “lazy” option (which means wait until it is not busy). umount -l /srv/6c12ad5d-36ad-44eb-95cb-6d6dc3c2b87f 3. Check file systems on OMV GUI - it should show as not mounted. 4. When the next backup is du…

• Making this change to cmdline.txt to use PARTUUID made the boot work reliably with the HDD attached, although the SSD is still /dev/sdb afterwards but that doesn't matter. Source Code (1 line) However if I then change /etc/fstab to match then I get an error a-start-job-is-running-for-dev-disk-by pointing to the boot partition then a kernel panic. Source Code (4 lines)Commenting out line 1 above caused it to boot and I could mount it from OMV no problem. This put this entry into /etc/fstab in the…

• @tkaiser Rest assured this is an interim measure to get the backups and media server working again. Rock64 Transformer which will take 3.5" disks would be perfect, but not available yet. As far as UUID is concerned, /etc/fstab already has them defined no problem. Putting UUID for /dev/sda2 into cmdline.txt for booting doesn't work. It seems there might be a delay, so I might try adding rootdelay and see what happens. PARTUUID is probably the right one to use for booting anyway, but letting it fi…