Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 29.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• multiple IP adresses possible ?

tomspatz - - Network

please read my posts 1 and 9 thx

tomspatz - - Network

Thank you for your patience but i have absolutely no idea how to test it manualy. Everything i manualy wrote in the /etc/network/interfaces did not work. Everything i made at last i have discribed above.

tomspatz - - Network

step by step what i made: i ve created a file /etc/network/interfaces.d/additonal_IP with that content: Source Code (4 lines)This file is own by root and has 644 rights My existing interfaces file: Source Code (19 lines) after that i log in with putty as root and do omv-mkconf interfaces and check the /etc/network/interfaces Unfortunately without any change in it.At the end i made e reboot of the omv machine but all with the same result.Where did i make the mistake ?

tomspatz - - Network

OK so i make an additional file under iterfaces.d with the content underneath? Source Code (4 lines)

tomspatz - - Network

Ok is this the right way ? openmediavault.readthedocs.io/en/latest/various/advset.html Is this config OK for my project ? Source Code (34 lines)

tomspatz - - Network

now i am very confused everything I want to achieve is to set an secondary iSCSI drive that would be reachable from the .50 network.As i understand there is a possibility to give the existing network interface a second, or third ip adress.With this ip adress (alias) i hoped to make this drive accesible from my 192.168.50.1/24 network

tomspatz - - Network

Ok i made a mistake. I add a new eth0 in the omv gui and set my ip adress there. This seems not to work and it is not deleteable, How to fix this ? The second Thing i made was to edit the /etc/network/Interfaces Source Code (24 lines) but from the .50 Network the omv is not reachable or pingable. All i want to create is a iSCSI drive reacheble from the .50 network.

tomspatz - - Network

SORRY i found this: forum.openmediavault.org/index…erfaces-the-OMV-way-1-11/ but dont understand about it. U wrote "create a custom script in /etc/network/interfaces.d" under this link "To do that a script must be located at /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/interfaces.d/." as i understand, if i only edit the etc/Network/Interfaces file like the wiki.debian.org link Shows, it will be overwritten by omv please be patiant with me.

tomspatz - - Network

Quote from votdev: “This does not work that way. ” what does it mean ?

tomspatz - - Network

On my Server i got an bond0 Interface of two NIC configured. Everything works well. Now my hint is to give those Interface a second IP adress. If i try to add a new bond Interface with same Setting as the wirking one and only an different IP adress and Sub it is not possible to save. Source Code (17 lines) how to fix this or am i on the wrong way ?

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

tomspatz - - Plugins

Source Code (2 lines)Yes the code above exists under this path. So the cert should be renewed monthly as I understand, but in omv Zertifikate tab /SSL shows me that it will expire on 13.06.2018. Some posts above u wrote about a hint with the reneval of the certs in omv3 now I am completely distracted.

tomspatz - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from tomspatz: “OK so whats the way to fix it. ” OMV 3.x isn't using the same version of certbot. So, your issue is different. ” hmmmmmmm so sorry but maybe i did not have a problem with this. I only want to know about the automaticly renewal of the certificate and found this post. Of course the cert may be extended manualy before it expired. As I understand there is a cron job for this. Maybe I have set something wrong and have to correct this. u are welcome to giv…

tomspatz - - Plugins

OK so whats the way to fix it. I read some post above. The Output of my dpkg -l | grep python My Sytem is omv 3.0.99 and as i am understand i use the 3.16.0-6-amd64 kernel. Setting under OMV-Extras Kernel. Source Code (60 lines)

tomspatz - - Plugins

I think i had a similar error?? As iam right? Source Code (32 lines)

• OK so i answer myself. I found that postfix got a mail in his queue, clear the queue did stop that evil work. Source Code (2 lines)

• Since a few days i got the log on our Securepoint Firewall full of trys to connect to port 587 from the IP of my omv System. In this case some other Services, not omv, Printers Software etc. are not possible to send their notifications because there are to many 587 Connections in use. I cannot stop this until i completely disable the mail notifications in omv. Any one a solution for this?

• Virtualbox Guest addition where ?

tomspatz - - Plugins

As i dit it yesterday. Download the right .iso file matching your installed VirtualBox Version. Copy the file u downloaded to /usr/share/virtualbox/ And rename it to VBoxGuestAdditions.iso this worked for me as well Tom

• Temperature CPU?

tomspatz - - General

I try to use the plugin on 2 omv machinesfo testing. Both are running with the 3.16.0-5-amd64. My issue on the first one ist that only the cpu teperature is showing as a graph all other are "empty". Source Code (24 lines)any ideas ? Tom

• iscsi plugin kernel and Meldown issue

tomspatz - - General

OK thanks a lot. So keep on working and still wait till Volker is ready withe the 5 forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=164902#post164902 have a nice day Tom

• iscsi plugin kernel and Meldown issue

tomspatz - - General

As iam figured out the iscsi plugin works only on the 3.16.0-4 kernel. So i did and install this one from the omv-extras and set to default boot kernel. Now we got this freaky Meltdown issue. I have installed all updates they are shown me under update Management. Under omv-extras i found now the new kernel 3.16.0-5 which is meltdown fixed i trust. So how to work with this now. does the iscsi plugin work with this fixed kernel? Tom