Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 103.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• NextCloud Installation Q & A

Stramm - - General

have you tried my version? Do you get same results with it? I've taken it from the official NC 13.0 instructions.

Stramm - - General

here's my working version: you need to adapt server_name to your domain. And in contraty to your settings gzip is enabled. Source Code (108 lines)

Stramm - - General

have you tried to change Source Code (1 line)to Source Code (1 line)

• Versuche doch mal über deine Mediahouse App einen Film wiederzugeben mit dem TV als Renderer (oder über den PC und die Emby Web GUI mit dem TV als output Ziel)

• Homemade Nas

Stramm - - My NAS Build

Pico PSU ist sufficient for that system. I use a similar one. If there is no transcoding involved, the system is OK. However if you need on the fly transcoding, you need much more CPU (GPU) power. For your backup purposes have a look at the UrBackup plugin a well.

• Emby in a docker won't use hardware accelerated encoding here (Intel Quick Sync). I added the render node to the environment variabes and the video group to the gidlist (in my case 44). Is there anything else I can (need to) do to make it work?

• Files by samba very slow

Stramm - - Network

The 'it works for me answer' shouldn't express that it has to work for the thread starter as well without any additional try and fail. In fact I wanted to show the possibility to get the board working, to save some money cause there may not be the necessity to buy a new one. Your answer to the problem is much appreciated cause it shows a possible solution.

• Files by samba very slow

Stramm - - Network

I have the same board and no problems with smb speed. Bios power saving options are all enabled.

• MySQL Cron Job Error

Stramm - - General

That was my attempt to solve the issue... working so far daily mail with cron failed

• Advice on My documents...

Stramm - - General

I'm using Urbackup as well (for backup purposes) and rsync. However I have to admit that on windows the cygwin setup was a pain. Nevertheless it's working fairly well with a shell script that I run few times a day (cause with the rsync plugin it wasn't possible to realize my needs). WOL (if PC is sleeping) -> syncing the folders I need -> If PC was sleeping before the sync sending it back to sleep again.

• Hhow did you check the nic speed? Maybe verify the reuslts on the commandline. for i in $(netstat -i | cut -f1 -d" " | tail -n+3) ; do echo "$i: $(ethtool "$i" | grep Speed | sed 's/Speed://g')" ; done

• urbackup update is available

Stramm - - Plugins

Thanks

Stramm - - Plugins

Tested 2.2.11 with an incremental image backup and restore. Working flawless.

Stramm - - Plugins

I'd test the plugin after each update with a backup/ restore job (as last time) .

• omv 4?

Stramm - - General

Quote from whi401: “IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level Now the everything has broken down and I do not know how to replace the file with its original version. Will I need to reinstall the whole system? ” If you do not have a backup of the file you could try to fix indentation of the lines you edited. It's important to keep that intact. Have a look here docs.python.org/2.0/ref/indentation.html Use spaces and no tabs. Or install OMV into a VM and copy thats weakr…

• is that any way we can use Xampp in OMV ?

Stramm - - General

For MySQL there's a plugin in OMV extras. Apache you need to install using the debian repo. Before I'd change the OMV port from 80 to 81 or 8080 or whatever you like as apache will use port 80 after installation.

• Emby runs in a docker or you can install it directly. That however would mean manual updating atm till they have a repo again. Also there's a emby for kodi addon. Looks pretty nice. But I like it more to use the app. The web gui looks identical to the app... so it is not really necessary. Emby let's you create user accounts and assign content folders to them. So your mom won't see any star wars ever again. DLNA can be assigned a user, too, so that not all content is visible that way.

• is that any way we can use Xampp in OMV ?

Stramm - - General

No, OMV is Debian (Linux) based. It won't run on Windows except in a VM. Or do you mean if you can run Apache and MySQL on aOMV box? Then yes.

• OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install

Stramm - - General

The error message however states, you haven't copied the closing EOF. You need to copy paste everything from cat to EOF (including) As an alternative nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list Then add at the bottom (maybe make a backup of the file before editing) deb packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis main # deb downloads.sourceforge.net/project/openmediavault/packages arrakis main ## Uncomment the following line to add software from the proposed repository. # deb packages.openmed…

• Don't know if the NC guys have a fallback to http but I doubt. After having a cert you still can close the ports in your router (just don't forget to open them on renewal). For your actual problems... make sure (double check) your dyndns settings in your router are correct and the same with the ports. If all's set you should at least get your OMV gui on port 80. Maybe also double check your dyndns service settings.