Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is there a way to make the changes persistent? I would like to run a weekly rsnapshot job on Sunday, 6pm. So I adjusted the cron file. But changes are not persistent.

• Cloning the drive

macom - - General

Yes, you can clone the drive using clonezilla. You need to use the -icds switch to be able to clone a larger drive on a smaller one. The data on the larger drive have to be smaller than the capacity of the smaller drive of course. forum.openmediavault.org/index…fb63394c63342b29a96aa8b5b

• Not so much. Quote from raven66: “Should I set APM for my disks to conserve energy or just set up a "idle" time, after which NAS will put itself to sleep? ” I do not use APM. When I did, load cycle count increased quite fast. I use hd-idle instead. For APM I would use maximum power with spin down (127). But depends on the use case.

• Quote from raven66: “I can wake my NAS from sleep, but I have to login to my router and execute WoL command to wake up NAS remotely. ” It is also possible to use WOL from Windows and from Linux. On WIndows I use mhsoft start-on-lan. There are others. On Linux I use a terminal command.

• NO WOL with Kernel 4.17.0.0. bpo

macom - - Updates/Upgrades

There are some threads in the forums about recent WOL problems. Have a look there to check if the proposed solutions help you. WOL not possible after SW update

• Or clone the thumbdrive and do an upgrade omv-release-upgrade If everything works as expected you don't even have to set up your configuration from scratch. BTW: you should have an image of your thumbdrive anyway as backup of you OS.

• New SSD

macom - - General

Quote from Adoby: “If your SSD is smaller than the current system drive you may have problems. Clonezilla can only restore to a larger or equal size target. ” Clonezilla can do if your actually used data is smaller than the size of the new drive and if you use the -icds switch. Worked for me several times. forum.openmediavault.org/index…fb63394c63342b29a96aa8b5b

• In SMV/Shares if you add an share you can create a new folder (press the "+"). So creating a share in SMB and the folder is just one step (if you do it this way).

• OMV is not loading from USB

macom - - General

Which ISO file are you using? This one should be the correct one: sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/4.1.3/ This ISO is not a life system, but is used to install OMV on a target drive.

• My first "real" ;) NAS

macom - - My NAS Build

Welcome raven66. I see you have two identical data drives, but no RAID configured, yet. In case you are considering to build a RAID please check first, if you really want RAID. There are many threads in the forums related to this. It seems in most cases the preferred solution is to have one main data drive and then use rsync or rsnapshot to make bakups of the first drive on the second drive.

• Connection refused

macom - - General

You typed the IP address in the address bar of the browser, right? Are you sure you used the correct IP address? Have you checked which IP address has been assigned to your OMV server? Have you enabled SSL/TLS? Have you forced SSL/TLS? What is the exact error message you get?

• As ryecoaaron wrote: Quote from ryecoaaron: “Assuming you have no backup, change all occurrences of erasmus to arrakis in the files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/. Then apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade. It might work but it is hard to say what state your system is in. ” Seems you best option at the moment. If it does not work, you can still start from scratch.

• Networki setup

macom - - General

Yes, right. As DNS server I put also my router as well as another DNS server (like 1.1.1.1)

• So you did not use the backup plugin? Then probably: Quote from ryecoaaron: “Might be easier to just write a new HC2 image to your sd card. ”

• Highlight plexmediaserver (as in your screenshot) press edit enable the repo

• Networki setup

macom - - General

I keep the field empty askubuntu.com/questions/40887/…-the-search-domains-field

• Quote from trohn_javolta: “How is the right way to update debian with omv? First do omv-release-upgrade? And later change sources? ” If you do omv-release-upgrade the sources will be updated automatically as part of the upgrade. This is for the case you have a backup and you can start over from that point before any upgrade attempt.

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

macom - - Plugins

Ok, your are right. When I entered a command I got a selection of available sripts. So I entered my command and pressed enter and the closest script name was selected. Instead I would have to click outside of the window. Pressing tab is not working either.

macom - - Plugins

I tried to set up a scrub job, but got an error message. Probably have to try harder. I will try again and reply with the command I added.

macom - - Plugins

Would be nice to enhance anacron so that it is possible to put a command directly rather than selecting a script. Especially for less experienced users it is more easy to put a command.