Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Well, it isn't an OMV problem AFAICT. I plugged a Windows 7 machine into the network and OMV's samba served up the same files I was trying to copy just fine. The transfer also ran almost three times as fast. So there must be a problem with my main machine, a Linux Mint 18.x box. I'll concentrate there. I wish I could get NFS working between OMV and Linux Mint 18.x. I think mergerfs on OMV is preventing that from working.

• noexec argument returns automatically

gderf - - General

If your rootfs was mounted noexec OMV couldn't run at all. You have other problems.

• Plex not transcoding. Docker.

gderf - - General

Quote from exclusive213: “I have to do this even in the root directory where OMV4 is installed? ” You do not need to do this. If your rootfs drive was mounted noexec, the system could not run at all. You have other problems.

• I'll try adding those in Extra options and test again.

• I was transferring from OMV. I have made no changes to anything SAMBA related. When SAMBA locks up, I can still use sftp to move files. I have these in extra options. They have always been there. wide links = yes unix extensions = no

• I just want to add that I too am now seeing problems transferring large amounts of data off my OMV using SAMBA. I am not on RPI or using USB devices. After about 18GB of data transferred, the connection locks up. I have done this many, many times in the past, usually transferring 500GB or more, which can take hours to complete. No idea why this is happening now. All I have done here since the last time I did this was apply any OMV updates.

• Quote from flvinny521: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “Many people are using plex in a docker now. It seems odd that you couldn't use lifetime pass in a docker since the important files are stored in persistent storage. ” You certainly can use a Plex Pass account when running Plex in a Docker. I do! ” Me too.

• The usbmount package was very useful to me and I recommended it highly back in the days of OMV 2.x and 3.x. However, with the arrival of OMV 4.x which is based on Debian Stretch, usbmount was rendered broken. Some Stretch users have posted workarounds that supposedly made the package whole again, but this is not the case, and the package is not available in any Debian Stretch repositories. You might try this solution and see if it works: github.com/raamsri/automount-usb

gderf - - General

Quote from Quiksmage: “another thing to keep in mind is the tmp directory. I believe that's where the transcode files will go. If it fails, it's likely because there's something wrong with that directory (permissions). ” When running Plex in a docker the system /tmp directory is not where transcode files are written to. If using the linuxserver/plex or plexinc/pms containers, the location can be optionally user specified via the /transcode Container path variable. If not specified, a new Data vo…

• Plex on Stoneburner

gderf - - General

If your arch is x86 you can download and manually install the current version of Plex Media Server here: drive.google.com/drive/folders…bZ124GsYkFiVtNsPAzIMOPval

• Plex on Stoneburner

gderf - - General

It's been a long time since I was on OMV 2.x. Check and see if the Docker plugin is available for it, and if so, run Plex in a docker.

• Ntfs or ext4 file structure fix

gderf - - General

Have you tried umount from a root shell?

• I don't know why you are seeing that, but it sounds like something got corrupted during an install/remove attempt. apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver should be enough to fully remove it. I suggest running Plex in a docker instead of using the plugin. I moved everything I could away from plugins and to dockers.

• What docker are you running? If it is providing an exposed service it should be doing so on the OMV IP address. Generally speaking, running containers on Host networking is the easiest way, if the container will allow it.

• Is your OMV connected directly to the internet with a public IP address?

• Look in /var/log for a snapraid.log file.

• When making any type of change in the Plex plugin, a few things happen that you may not be aware of. All the files and directories in the metadata Library location are chowned. This happens even if the current ownership settings are correct. Depending on the size of the Library and other factors, this can take a considerable amount of time. While this is happening, the "Applying" load bar will display. I have personally seen this take more than 20 minutes to complete. So be patient before giving…

gderf - - General

Glad you have it sorted. I would have felt terrible if you surrendered to Windows. Instead of buying me a beer, have two for yourself. And remember.........Plex problems? It's all about permissions.

gderf - - General

If it didn't work, then instead of operating on /sharedfolders/SSD/SSD/Plex/ operate on the actual real drive and path.

gderf - - General

I recursively chown directories and files fred:users I chmod 2755 directories and 0644 files. But just concentrate on the directories first.