Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OMV on Udoo Quad

roger_fylling - - General

Well... I can install OMV 0.4.17 (fedaykin) again on my Udoo Quad (the only version available for Udoo Quad), but my primary goal has always been to get Plex to work in some way - is there a way to get Plex to work on OMV 0.4.17 (fedaykin)? I have read that the only way to install Plex is to enable the OMV Extras, which only seem to work under OMV 2.x and above. Is there really NO other way to get Plex onto OMV 0.4.17 (fedaykin)?

• OMV on Udoo Quad

Well, just my luck... My Raspberry Pi board is a Raspberry Pi 1, model B, rev 2 and all OMV versions seems to be targeted towards version 2 or 3. Although... It states that OMV 2.2.1 (although the image is OMV 2.2.5) is compatible with Raspberry Pi 1 with the addition that you manually have to update "php5-pam". How do I do that? I have tried booting from OMV 2.2.5 and the console displayed on my screen runs all the way to the login without incident, but when I try to connect from my MacBook to …

• OMV on Udoo Quad

You mean the fact that Udoo Quad only has 405/580 Mbits/sec gigabit network connection? Why would that matter at all? It's fast enough to stream media to Plex (I've tried and it worked great) and that is what I intend to use it for. To answer your question - YES! I have one Udoo Quad and one Rasberry Pi, but I'd like to use my Udoo Quad, since it's alot faster. To put it another way: Why do you build for Rasberry Pi, since it's spec's are alot worse than Udoo Quad?

• OMV on Udoo Quad

I know that it is not a super-computer, but it's quite good price/performance and also it's alot faster than Rasberry Pi as well as having more memory and quad core, so it's not totally useless. What "internal chipset limitation" are you talking about?

• OMV on Udoo Quad

I was wondering why OMV has not made an image for the Udoo Quad, since it seems this is one of the most powerful ARM devices out there on the market. If I wanted a NAS (and I do), this is by far the best price/performance platform out there as a mediaserver for streaming movies via Plex or similar from. I just don't get why nobody has made an image for this platform yet - I thought it would have a little bigger priority... These are my thoughts anyway... Oh, I forgot... I know that a ridiculousl…