Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi, Couch Potato requires an api call to search and import it's watched folder. It runs on startup, but I would like to be able to run the call on regular basis without having to restart CP. The api call is: IP:Port/api/API_#/renamer.scan Can I do run this command as a scheduled task? Would I need to write a script? If so, can someone shed some light on the matter?

• MySQL Installation Help

XbmcPlexer - - General

I figured out my error... my bad. I didn't create the proper databases to write to. Once I did that, it worked like a charm. For anyone looking to do the same, here is what I did: 1. Install MYSQL plugin from the Extras repo. 2. Enable it through OMV Gui and then open the MYSQL GUI in a new tab. 3. Log in and create 2 databases (no caps): - videodatabase - musicdatabase 4. Create a user called kodi with a password called kodi. I gave it a domain of %. 5. Create the advancedsettings.xml and put i…

XbmcPlexer - - General

I must be missing a step.. I gave user kodi basically global privileges through the web gui, and I gave it access to all databases there but I still can't write to the sql. Kodi just doesn't scan. Is there something on the OMV level that I need to do? i created kodi using localhost for host.. Thank you again for your help, it's very much appreciated.

XbmcPlexer - - General

Hey guys, Hope I could get some guidance. I just installed the MySQL plugin through the Extra's repot. I have enabled it and logged in through the GUI. I then created a user - kodi and then created a database called Test and gave kodi full access to it. (I did not create user kodi in omv)... When I initially set up the MySQL plugin, I didn't have an option to enter database volume. All the guides I see online mention choosing one. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to provide write privi…

• RSYNC Pooled LVM to Multiple Folders

XbmcPlexer - - RSync

Hi everyone, I would like to retire some older and smaller NAS drives to archive. Ideally, I would like to use Rsync to backup a 6TB folder to two 4TB drives. Is this possible? I am under the impression that the backup destination has to be equal to or greater than the source, but I've also read online suggestions that Rsync has the flexibility to split the backup to multiple drives/destinations. Any one try this at all? If Rsync isn't ideal for this, I am open to any suggestions. I also run OSX…

• Bootup Error

XbmcPlexer - - General

For sure it's ugly, but at least I still have all my data. Worst case I'll build a whole new array and copy the data over. Let me ask you this, what do you use/recommend? And if you were in my situation what would you do?

• Bootup Error

XbmcPlexer - - General

I do have the free space. I have roughly 4tb empty and the failing drive is 3 Tb.

• Bootup Error

XbmcPlexer - - General

Thank you for your reply guys. If the drive sdc has failed, which I think is the issue, how would I go about replacing it in the lvm?

• Bootup Error

XbmcPlexer - - General

Hello, I am getting these errors when booting. It let's me CTRL D through them, but I am worried about the intergrity of my data and the stability of the machine. Would someone be able to help point me in the right direction? Is one of my HDDs about to go? I see sdc mentioned a lot. As a note, this is one drive in an LVM. Jul 19 07:35:03 ElServer rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="5.8.11" x-pid="9836" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com"] rsyslogd was HUPed Jul 19 07:35:05 ElServer ool …

• Duplicate Files Finder FSLint Help!

XbmcPlexer - - General

I have a bunch of duplicate files and am wondering if someone can help recommend a program to remove duplicate files off my OMV server. I tried FSLint on ubuntu but I can not add the networked drive. I have it mounted in Samba. Any current solutions - preferably a native OMV plugin that would do the trick? Or is there something I need to do in FSLint to add the networked share? Thanks!

• I definitely like the look of it also. Very sleek, modern, and I too am not a big fan of Metro. But you have something here for sure. What are you plans on using it? Is this instead of the gui or a tool kit of some sort? I was looking at making a intranet page down the line that integrates all the OMV plugins - sort of like this, but with the ability to access all my files and watch my plex content.

• Here is what I would try. Format system drive Disconnect all data drives and only leave usb installer and formated system drive. Install omv. reboot login to web gui. If successful power down through web gui reconnect your data drives and boot to bios. make sure you have your boot priorities set correctly reboot log in to web gui success!

• You need to go back into bios and look at disk priority in the boot section. Make sure you set your USB drive as the first disk in the menu. Basically your motherboard is booting from the wrong drive. it's booting from one of your data dives and it can't find an os.

• Fantastic - great to hear! Glad to have helped.

• Slow Network Transfer

XbmcPlexer - - General

OK - it is for sure the NIC. I installed OMV on the AMD motherboard and got the speeds I was looking for. Solved.

• Try clearing your cookies and browser history. Was having the same issue on my ipad with safari and that did the trick.

• Slow Network Transfer

XbmcPlexer - - General

I will do so this evening. I suspect though that it might be the NIC. this MB comes with an NVidea controller. I'm heading out and can pick up something you recommend for performance. also, I am picking up a my parents old desktop that has a quad ore and and better mb. I'll test that one out for performance to compare. i appreciate your time and help.

• Slow Network Transfer

XbmcPlexer - - General

Hello, I am really hoping someone can help me out here. I've searched a lot on the forums and I haven't been able to solve my problem. I love OMV, and really do not want to jump ship. Hopefully it is just something software.. My setup: Main computer - Imac Router - 2012 airport extreme gigabit ethernet lan OMV Install: P5n7A-VM Motherboard Intel Pentium Dual core 550 4 gigs of ram 2x2TB WD greens 1X3 TB Seagate external Running LMV pooled together I roughly get 5.4 Megs per file 2 files at a tim…