Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ATTN: ALL USERS HELP

iperpiper - - General

done!

• Hp N54L WOL

iperpiper - - My NAS Build

thank you subzero i thought reboot meaning was "boot again after shutdown". so, to boot my nas without physically accessing to it, it seems I have two options: 1) WOL or 2) boot at a scheduled time. for 1) after some work, I am now able to boot from iPad or PC through a menu in my router (Fritz), therefore now I am sure it can be done on HP N54L. I am going to try to do it directly. Can you suggest a WOL program? How can I do for 2)? One more question: is it possible to have my nas shutdown or s…

• Hp N54L WOL

iperpiper - - My NAS Build

I am unable to make OMV reboot my N54L Wol is enabled in Bios settings I scheduled shutdown time in OMV web interface Power Management,and enabled it. I scheduled reboot time,and enabled it. System shuts down but does not reboot. Tried both standby and shutdown settings. Any suggestion?

• Quote from Enra: “This is exactly the reason why I do not use the fritzbox of my ISP.” I know, I am off-topic but.. why don't you like the Fritzbox? It's more ten years I'm using their routers and, really, I love them.

• Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

iperpiper - - Plugins

no one interested in Alfresco? It's a full featured CMS and it has a Community Edition. A plugin for OMV would be a great addition

• Help to configure my system

iperpiper - - General

just an other idea: 4x3TB hd in N54L as follows: HD01: personal files (syncro from PCs etc.).+ Multimedia (file server) HD02: mirror of HD01 HD03: backup of personal files on odd days + backup of multimedia on odd weeks HD04: backup of personal files on even days + backup of multimedia on even weeks 2x1TB hd in Qnap (to be upgraded to 2x3TB if/when needed): same as HD03 and HD04 placed in different location (mother's) what do you think about this?

iperpiper - - General

@'David Honestly I don't need so much storage either for my files or for Multimedia, but these are the hd I have. My files will have some changes every day, this is why I decided to have a daily backup, therefore I assigned the 3Tb hd to them, not to mix 1tb and 3 tb hd in the same group. Multimedia will have less changes, so a weekly or even monthly backup will be enough. Do you have any better idea about their use/configuration? i'm realizing that, while I have a double backup for data files, …

iperpiper - - General

@'David 3TB hd will be HD01 HD02 HD11 HD12 i.e. "Personal and work file" hd in N54lL and both Qnap backup hd 1TB hd will be HD03 and HD04 i.e. "Multimedia" hd in N54L. I'll upgrade them if/when I'll need it. sorry not to have explained it before, I wrote it in the sketch I wasn't aware of this problem with NTFS. Do you think using Ext4 for backup disks is a better option? In case, I could access to data with Linux I know backup will be slow via wifi. I am planning to connect the two houses via e…

iperpiper - - General

Hallo I’am trying to imagine how to best configure the hardware I have to work with OMV Nas: HP N54L (12Mb RAM, 4+1 3,5 hot swap bay, 1x2,5 bay) Qnap TS212 (2 bays) HD: 4 x 3TB WD red 2 x 1TB Seagate some external USB My goals for the system are: Safety: I do not want to lose my files! Scalability: If/when I do need more space, I do not want having to rebuild anything, just add drives. Automation of backup: I know myself and i am sure I’ll sometimes forget/postpone to make a backup. And it will …

• @willri mine is this: fantec.eu/html/en/2/artId/__18…_3009030190/article.htmli didn't like the "old car radio" look of the one from icydock. the mechanism needed some work on mine too, but nothing impossible, just a piece of aluminium glued to the upper surface to make it more rigid.

• Hallo, my needs are similar to chrbar's and I wonder how to best organize my data within my hardware. I have a HP N54L, 4 x 3TB WD Red HD and a Qnap 212 with 2 x 1TB Seagate HD I am looking for reliability and automation. I know myself, and I am sure that I'll forget to backup my files over time. I was thinking about something like this: N54L; 2x3TB in mirror + 1x3TB internal backup on odd days + 1x3TB internal backup on even days Qnap and 2 x 1TB hd: sell. Or maybe, how can I use it? On my N54L…

• backup on lower capacity hd

iperpiper - - General

... just what I was afraid of! Thank you David

• ITALIANI QUI ?

iperpiper - - Off-Topic

Here I am, from Treviso

iperpiper - - General

oops, sorry, the tray for backup disk is not usb but sata

iperpiper - - General

Hallo, maybe this is a silly question, but I am a total novice. I have made a search in the forum, but without any luck, so please help me. I am building a Nas on a Hp N54L with 4 x 3tb WD Red (I am thinkig to put them in Raid 10, but open to your suggestion) and a 64gb ssd for OMV. in the cd tray I have a tray for both a 2,5 hd (here is the OMV ssd) and a 3,5 hd which I plan to use for backup. with this configuration my raid can hold up to 6tb, and here is the question: to backup the full raid,…