Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 28.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sharing folders/files over internet

Frepke - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Frepke: “@tkaiser normally I use FTP for transferring data to the NAS ” Ok, then please forget about me mentioning Samba. Disclaimer: I'm a network and server guy and for me only protocols are an option where clients can directly open stuff on the server (requires locking) so no FTP used anywhere. If you use FTP then anything I wrote is irrelevant (since this protocol from IT stone age doesn't care about anything that has happened within the last decades) ” okay, …

• Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

Frepke - - General

Quote from nghiacc: “After get OMV up and running on my HC1, I am unable to create a shared folder. The Device droplist does not show anything to pickup! Pls see attachment. Anyone has the same issue? ” Did you mount a physical disc?

Frepke - - General

Quote from Mr.Grape: “Quote from Frepke: “Thanks @TheLostSwede, @tkaiser and @Mr.Grape, VPN access it's gonna be. And running Docker was just info for when this info was useful kr., Patrick ” VPN here will only do one layer. You still need another layer to share files. And I'm not really convinced if smb / nfs pushed over the internet is the best idea. The second issue is also what kind of vpn it is. Private, commercial with its own IP, free / commercial with one IP per exit node on many users. …

Frepke - - General

Thanks @TheLostSwede, @tkaiser and @Mr.Grape, VPN access it's gonna be. And running Docker was just info for when this info was useful kr., Patrick

Frepke - - General

Hello, I've OMV4 running on a HC1 (docker installed) which is connected to internet over a VPN tunnel (running on my router). Now I like to share some files with a friend, is there a safe easy way to accomplish that? kr., Patrick Maybe I didn't search well, but I couldn't find the answer on the forum

• OMV not accessible after a few days

Frepke - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Hmm... no idea. Could be related to undervoltage (PSUs getting older) and without a serial console it's close to impossible to really get a clue what's going on. AFAIK on the XU4 you can not use those cheap $1 USB serial dongles from Aliexpress or eBay but need the official one from Hardkernel (due to different voltage levels -- but I might be wrong so better check Hardkernel's wiki for information) ” Okay, Thank you for your time/help anyways I think I do a fresh OMV-4 inst…

Frepke - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Frepke: “RPi-Monitor was installed ” Well, you could now have a look whether there's high load on the system prior to it not being available any more. RPi-Monitor logs load and temperatures so it should give a clue whether a crash/freeze is related to high activity or to something else. But looking into logs especially /var/log/syslog (or providing them via pastebin.com) might be more interesting. ” Thanks tkaiser, Yesterday, 17:00u. the HC1 was accessible and wor…

Frepke - - General

Now my system wasn't accessible, couldn't ping also. RPi-Monitor was installed, what now

Frepke - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Frepke: “armbianmonitor -r doesn't do anything ” Well, then if you want RPi-Monitor you need to follow the manual installation instructions you'll find on the net. ” RPi-Monitor is running, now we wait Armbianmonitor is also working again.

Frepke - - General

Quote from Frepke: “Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Frepke: “I think I understand everything you wrote, except the sync option. Is this also in the fstab? ” Yep, but I forgot that the image you're using relies on btrfs for the rootfs so simply remove the commit=600 entry there and reboot after disabling folder2ram.Another possibility is to install RPi-Monitor to get a clue whether there is high load prior to the device becoming unavailable. On the ARM OMV images it's a simple 'armbianmonitor -r'…

Frepke - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Frepke: “I think I understand everything you wrote, except the sync option. Is this also in the fstab? ” Yep, but I forgot that the image you're using relies on btrfs for the rootfs so simply remove the commit=600 entry there and reboot after disabling folder2ram. Another possibility is to install RPi-Monitor to get a clue whether there is high load prior to the device becoming unavailable. On the ARM OMV images it's a simple 'armbianmonitor -r' (details). But thi…

Frepke - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from DHGE: “look at the files in /var/log ” Useless on OMV installations with enabled flashmemory plugin Logs remain in RAM and with an unsafe shutdown everything is lost. @Frepke you need to execute /sbin/folder2ram once to get the options then disable folder2ram and check using 'df' prior and after. Then to really get something into the logs which might show a root cause you need to also edit /etc/fstab, remove the commit=600 option and use the sync option (check car…

Frepke - - General

Quote from DHGE: “look at the files in /var/log use mc for this if working via ssh you can also view the log files via the web gui but this is more time consuming IMO ” Thanks DHGE, I'll look into the log-files tonight. Is there something specific to look at, or is this too early to say?

Frepke - - General

Hello, I've OMV-4 (updated to the latest version) running on my Odroid HC1, but since a few weeks my system disappears from my network after a few days. I can no longer reach OMV's GUI and not by SSH. Unplug and replug the power-cord is the only option for me. Is there a way to find out what causes this problem? kr., Frepke

• Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

Frepke - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “@Frepke: I just created an OMV 4 image for Espressobin (untested). In case you want to give it a try: OMV_4_Espressobin.img.xz And Tinkerboard image (also untested) is uploading also: OMV_4_Tinkerboard.img.xz ” Thanks Thomas, That's very nice, unfortunately I sold my Espressobin and bought an HC1. The Espressobin wasn't stable enough for daily use, the HC1 runs without problems OMV4 for months now I tried to make an backup image/clone from the SD-card I currently use so I ca…

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

Frepke - - Plugins

Quote from Frepke: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Frepke: “What am I doing wrong? ” You are trying to use an x86/amd64 docker image on an arm board... This will not work and you must use arm images. ” Thanks ryecoaaron, I'm new on Docker, but how could I've missed that kr., Frepke ” Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction. Now I've Plex running in a docker on my ESPRESSObin by pulling the following image "lsioarmhf/plex". Still a lot to learn but there's progress

Frepke - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Frepke: “What am I doing wrong? ” You are trying to use an x86/amd64 docker image on an arm board... This will not work and you must use arm images. ” Thanks ryecoaaron, I'm new on Docker, but how could I've missed that kr., Frepke

Frepke - - Plugins

Hello, I've enabled the Docker CE plugin in OMV4 and installed Docker. Installed the plex and emby image, but when I run those images and the container is running, the log is filled with errors standard_init_linux.go:195: exec user process caused "exec format error" What am I doing wrong? Try to run it on an ESPRESSObin (ARMBIAN 5.37.171231 nightly Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.4.107-mvebu64)

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Frepke: “have a couple of ERRORS ” Thank you for the report. Installation routine was buggy and I tried to fix it: github.com/armbian/config/comm…4a2ca78944a2e4683085f0238 So the best idea is to start over again but this time with Debian_stretch_default.7z (kernel 4.4), then replace the whole contents of /usr/sbin/softy with raw.githubusercontent.com/armbian/config/dev/softy and then try the installation again. Why switching from next branch to default? Since with…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Frepke: “Is this also applicable to the Espressobin? ” Today I found my EspressoBin, loaded Armbian's Debian_stretch_next.7z image, installed it and let OMV being installed: Source Code (1 line)Took 15 minutes (pretty fast SD card) and now I'm at OMV 4.0.15-1. But not that impressed since with the settings currently active idle consumption with a sleeping disk is at 5.4W (that's 0.5W above ODROID HC2 with same disk connected and also sleeping). But hopefully DVFS …