Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 32.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Permissions Help

blipside - - General

Thanks again for the help. While looking through this I reset all of the ACL permissions to what I wanted & I can make changes that I need to now.

• Permissions Help

blipside - - General

Thank you for the information. It looks like it hasn't changed the User or Group on the test folder I set up. I'm not sure if I am missing something.

• Permissions Help

blipside - - General

Good day. I messed up the permissions on the folder on my server. I can't seem to figure out how to fix the problem. I have read a few site that kind of explain what is going on, but I don't fully understand them. If I try to change the permissions by right clicking on the folder, I am told SMB can't do that. I can't change them with Windows either. I'm running version 3.0.99 OMV, I have Kubuntu 17.10 on my primary system & Win 10 on a laptop. Here is an article I read about setting up a job to …

• Thank you.

• Thank you, but the problem comes in when you can't access the GUI.

• One more question on this. In the instructions I followed it said to stop & then start Plex using the following commands. /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver stop /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start I received the following error when I tried this "No such file or directory". I thought that I had read that OMV3 doesn't use init.d anymore. Is this correct? If so, what should be used? Thank you.

• I migrated the Plex file to another drive. That seemed to fix the problem. Thank you for all of the help. I really appreciate it. I followed the instructions by Robot2xl (8th post down). forums.plex.tv/discussion/7093…adata-to-another-location

• SO based on that article there is a problem with OMV3 & Plex, so I should go back to OMV2 to fix the problem. Not sure if I interpreted that correctly. Thank you for the help.

• I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. Is there another thread that will tell me how to fix my problem?

• Plex is one of the main things I run on my server. It seems to be showing 25G. I was having a problem connecting my new Roku the the Plex server & that is why I started the upgrade. root@joker:~# du -hsx /var/lib/* | sort -rh | head -10 25G /var/lib/plexmediaserver 232M /var/lib/clamav 99M /var/lib/apt 24M /var/lib/dpkg 14M /var/lib/rrdcached 2.2M /var/lib/samba 700K /var/lib/openmediavault 496K /var/lib/usbutils 272K /var/lib/smartmontools 228K /var/lib/systemd

• These are the outputs from the du. root@joker:~# du -hs /root/ 32K /root/ root@joker:~# du -hsx /* | sort -rh | head -10 du: cannot access ‘/proc/18497/task/18497/fd/4’: No such file or directory du: cannot access ‘/proc/18497/task/18497/fdinfo/4’: No such file or directory du: cannot access ‘/proc/18497/fd/4’: No such file or directory du: cannot access ‘/proc/18497/fdinfo/4’: No such file or directory 26G /var 927M /usr 331M /lib 57M /boot 16M /sbin 9.3M /bin 9.2M /run 7.5M /etc 32K /root 24K …

• I can't enlarge the drive, the OS is using the whole drive. I think I missed something, I tried du -hs folder/ & it said no such file, am I supposed to change folder to something else? Thank you for all of the help.

• I just ran it. It returned 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 14 not upgraded.

• Good day all. I upgraded from OMV2 to OMV3 yesterday & now I can't login using the GUI. I type everything in & then it brings me back to the login screen. I tried clearing my cache & history. I think my problem is that my hard drive is full. Not sure what I can/can't delete to free up some space. Here is the output from df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mountedon /dev/sdb1 28G 27G 0 100% / udev 10M 0 10M 0% /dev tmpfs 1.4G 9.1M 1.4G 1% /run tmpfs 3.4G 0 3.4G 0% /dev/shm tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% …

• Windows 10 Login Problem

blipside - - General

I want guests to be allowed, just not to that folder.

blipside - - General

I can see all of the folders. There was one folder that I can not read/write to. In the settings I had restricted this folder to only be accessible from my log in account. To me, it seems like my Windows 10 computer is accessing the server as a guest, instead of using my account.

blipside - - General

I have it mapped as a my Z drive, so I guess I did. I remember that in a previous version of Windows you could force the drive to be accessed by a specific user, but I don't know if that is possible in Windows 10.

blipside - - General

Good day all. I can't seem to access some of my folders from my Windows 10 laptop. I set the folders up so that only I can access them. I can do everything from my Linux computer. It seems like my laptop is access the server as a guest instead of using my login credentials. I'm not sure how to fix this, I imagine it's something simple. Thank you for any help.

• File Access Through Web Browser

blipside - - General

Thanks, but that's not what I was looking for. Years ago I remember just having to put the IP address with something at the end of it to get to the files, but I can't remember what it was.

• File Access Through Web Browser

blipside - - General

Good day. I forgot how to access files through a web browser. I seem to remember using the IP address of the server & then something after that. Thanks for any help that can be provided.