Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It probably can't resolve the openmediavault.local dns name. If you can't fix your dns resolving, you can substitute the OMV IP address in fstab.

• Plex not transcoding. Docker.

ryecoaaron - - General

OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more)

• recommended10gb network card

ryecoaaron - - Motherboards

Intel X710 works very well too.

• Quote from tzinm: “Is there a better way to make backups? ” That seems like a decent backup plan. If you have tested it and it works, then I would say it works. Quote from tzinm: “If I have the backup file in a cloud storage, I have to download it and copy into a server drive or it is possible to restore it from the server? ” You would most likely need to download it unless the rescue image you use can access your cloud storage.

• Quote from sam_scade: “yes, i tried with nfs4 option, nfsvers=3 option and nfsvers=2 option ” So, you can't mount any nfs version on the OMV 1 or 2 system? I haven't look at either version in so long, I'm not sure what to tell you. I would install fresh OMV 4.

• Quote from jericho: “Is there a way she can shutdown the whole system like admin user? ” Not from the web interface. add her user to the sudo group, login via putty/ssh, and use sudo shutdown -h now

• Mount CIFS-Share auf dreambox

ryecoaaron - - CIFS/SMB

Posted response in the english version of this thread.

• Mount CIFS-Share on dreambox

ryecoaaron - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from bofh18: “he other one with 2.2.14 (Stone Burner) since it's a 32Bit system ” OMV 4.x works just fine on 32 bit systems. There just isn't an ISO to install it. Quote from bofh18: “this works only for the older system, but not for the new one. I've also tried without a password on the command line, supposing it would ask for a password - but that does not happen, it states "Permission denied" immediately after issuing the command, without asking anything. ” The dreambox must be trying t…

• Quote from sam_scade: “i can't reproduce this success with remote server on OMV1 and 2 ” Are you saying you can't mount nfs4 when the server is OMV 1 or 2?

• Quote from tkaiser: “e need to exchange OMV_4_Espressobin.img.xz ” Uploading now.

• Quote from sam_scade: “Yes in Update Management I clicked Check ” You need to enable omv-extras testing repo then. Based on feedback on github, it doesn't seem like it fixed the nfsv4 issue though.

• Quote from macom: “But I am still not able to edit the job in the GUI of OMV. ” That is broken and I haven't had a chance to fix it.

• The site that provides the list (and images) is down. The images haven't been updated in a long time either. So, you would be better off to add files on your own.

• Quote from sam_scade: “wich one ? remote mount ? ” Yes Quote from sam_scade: “how to update it ? do I have to load an upgrade ? which one ? I did not seen any thing about remote mount in omv update manager ” Did you click the Check button?

• Help with Easy Backup solution

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from henfri: “a 'delayed mirror' a backup. ” A realtime mirror is and never will be a backup. It is redundancy. Quote from henfri: “But you stated that you see a limitation in rsnapshot not being able to push. I gave a suggestion how this could be overcome and I understood that you prefer starting from plain rsync. I have outlined why I think that this is the second best option, and I have explained the reasons. ” You gave a workaround that is difficult to setup from the web interface. Quo…

• Quote from ellnic: “Is it still apt-daily? ” Nope, cron-apt. Look at /etc/cron.d/cron-apt

• Disabling swap is optional. On a system with enough ram, it won't use it anyway. But, if you want your system to suspend, you need swap (as you have found). An SSD should be able to handle the writes without the flashmemory plugin but I use it on my systems with SSDs anyway.

• MySQL Cron Job Error

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from David B: “I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I've been on vacation ” And we have finally found your problem. This is what the file should look like: Source Code (12 lines)

• Help with Easy Backup solution

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from henfri: “But you create an isolated solution and you will be on your own supporting it. ” Just like most the plugins I write for OMV because I rarely get any help and they are specifically for OMV. Quote from henfri: “If you extend rsnapshot removing the limitation you all these drawbacks do not exist and more people (not just omv-users) will profit from it. ” There already is an rsnapshot plugin. You can use it with remote mount (or sshfs if you are creative). I don't understand what…

• QNAP TS-251/TS-451 :: they run OMV very well) because they have an intel cpu and regular bios. Look at the mini-itx enclosures here as well - mini-box.com/Embedded-Systems