Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 67.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from nicjo814: “If you want DLNA or similar services you should have a look at using the macvlan network driver in docker. It allows you to give a container its own ip. Support for macvlan should be coming "soon" to the docker plug-in. ” Swapping the docker to host mode resolved the DLNA issue but I am interested in looking a Macvlan. I'd also consider just installing emby via apt-get but it's working now so have to resist the temptation to mess as I'll only break it

• Quote from hoppel118: “25k in two weeks? Crazy, seemingly I am in the wrong job. Greetings ” me too ....

• Yes I thought it was a security thing and for some reason I forgot that you could use symlinks to link to the binaries That would be nice as I had some issues with emby in docker, DLNA only works in host mode and for some reason I can't seem to access it outside my lan. Saying that I'm not hijacking an old thread and asking for help just passing comment

• Hi I've had a similar issue and posted it on the Emby Forums, seems that Emby has a local copy of ffmpeg which needs suitable permissions to execute. If you have put the /config folder on a OMV Share then this execution is denied as the FSTAB record is set to NOEXEC. Does that make sense? I have an separate SSD which holds docker and all the application data, so just remove noexec from the fstab entry for that drive.

• OMV and ICECAST2 Server?

kentish - - General

sorry about the delay, I had to go back through my history and i got it wrong. try installing ncmpc Source Code (2 lines) how are you getting on, is working how you expected?

kentish - - General

Have you added the folder and run a database up date. There is a mpd client that you can run from the terminal which is handy to check things are working. Try apt-cache search mpd | grep client As I forgotten it's name! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kentish - - General

Think that mpd will do that fine. Hope it goes well Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kentish - - General

Quote from mega-hz: “I dont understand yet how icecast works... Can it play as an internet-radio or is it just only a server and has to get the music from mpd or so? Sorry if i my ask silly questions... ” No worries, we all start somewhere My understanding is that Icecast is a streaming server that you can use to push content out onto the internet along with listening to Radio streams via a relay - however I'm doing a bit of educated guessing here as I don't use the software Quote from ICE Docs:…

kentish - - General

OMV is designed to have a dedicate OS drive with additional data drives, it's not good practice to put data on the OS drive. It can be done though. Going back to Icecast it looks like you need to mount a local drive. icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1…g-file.html#mountsettings After following suggestion from forum members, i've gone with a SNAP Raid set up. Multiple western digital drives with parity and then a mergefs on top to act a single share point.

kentish - - General

oh, have you added a data drive to your omv installed yet

kentish - - General

omv has a plug in for MPD it's part of the extras - omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php as for sharing it with ICECAST. I don't really know. Personally I used emby to access my content remotely but I'm not sure that's what you want.

kentish - - General

out of curiousity, I've installed icecast2 from the repos - it's version 2.3.2 rather than 2.4.3 which is the latest Source Code (3 lines) then enabled the daemon by editing this file Source Code (1 line)and changing enable to true Source Code (3 lines) after that checked the port and Ip the server was listening to Source Code (1 line) and edited this line Source Code (5 lines) then finally started the daemon with Source Code (1 line) after that i accessed the webui via <YOUR-IP>:8000.. suggest …

kentish - - General

Have you tried installing it yet, looks like you build it the package from source after that you could set the icecast server to listen on a different port than omv

• Security Software

kentish - - My NAS Build

And do cat /etc/openmediavault/configuration.xml to check the port you set in the webui Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Security Software

kentish - - My NAS Build

Remember you can do run ifconfig in the terminal to check ip address Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Yeah I agree with @ryecoaaron. Just spent £300 ($380) on 3 new drives..... Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• built new nas question

kentish - - General

Me too, I have i3 mobo with 4 gig RAM and it handles everything I thrown at it. I don;t know about the n3700itx - sorry. like you I asked on this forum for advise. I'm sure a more knowledge member will answer your transcoding question.

• Advice for an Upgrade

kentish - - General

Downloaded the image and just booting into the VM now, should take me a little while to test.

• Advice for an Upgrade

kentish - - General

Cool, might VM it and give it a whirl! Amazon have confirm dispatch, stuff arriving tomorrow morning

• Question of Newbie

kentish - - General

Quote from tinh_x7: “It saves power, but its performance may not good as the desktop. ” @tinh_x7 is correct. Your laptop will run OMV and performance should be ok but your not really getting a NAS your getting a laptop running a NAS OS. For example my home NAS runs 24/7 and has 1 drive for OMV and many data drives which I've added to over time, I have a RAID 5 at the moment but will be changing to Snap RAID shortly. You are going to be hard pressed you do that on a laptop, if you data drive dies…