Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from mcmanuf: “I wanted to install vsftpd because I need multiple chroot enviroments. Not sure it can be done with proftpd. ” use docker. there is a plugin. Quote from mcmanuf: “But to come back to the questions. Is this expected behaviour on apt-get in openmediavault??? Why does this package want to remove openmediavault, and all the other packages? ” Yes, you are trying to install a package that conflicts with a dependency of OMV. You are telling it to install the new package and if you …

• install OMV on my NAS with usb Key

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from .H.: “even if i re-execute everything. ? ” The command you are executing appends lines to the openmediavault.list file. So, it adds the same line every time you run it. Quote from .H.: “i juste need to remove the line ? ” nano is a text editor that will allow you to remove the line. Quote from .H.: “and how can i access to omv after that ? ” One thing at a time. We are trying to fix your sources before you fix anything else. Maybe you should look a few basic Linux tutorials. It would …

• Quote from mebrunner24: “Any thoughts on why that would be the case? ” openvpn can be setup so many ways that I'm guessing that is why dns is not resolving properly. I don't use either so I wouldn't be the one to debug that setup.

• Quote from mebrunner24: “I'm sorry, but there doesn't seem to be anything related to DNS. I'm sure i'm missing something. Is there something specific I should be looking for? ” Are you reading problem #6? It tells you exactly where to set DNS. System -> Network -> Interfaces. How is that not related to DNS? Was that not your question? If that is empty, it is definitely a problem (unless you are using dhcp). If you don't know what to use for the dns address, 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 or your router's IP…

• Quote from mebrunner24: “How can I accomplish this? I'm experiencing the same issue as above. I don't have DuckDNS installed like the OP ” See problem #6 - Solutions to common problems

ryecoaaron - - General

nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list remove the duplicate lines ctrl-o to save ctrl-x to exit apt-get update

• Fixed in 4.2.1 in the repo now.

• Quote from macom: “recoll ” I use grep

• docker CE repo error

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

What version of OMV? What kind of system?

• I'm guessing your sources.list is missing repos. What is the output of: cat /etc/apt/sources.list

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from .H.: “do you understand ? ” Yes. That is why I told you to login as root or sudo su - (which changes to the root user) in post 22 to execute those commands. So, change to the root user and re-execute those commands.

• Quote from integros: “Guess it's an armbian Issue and I guess I need to bother the guys on the armbian forum. ” You aren't bothering me My renegade is running armbian.

• No more automatic update check

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from toppi: “my OMV stopped looking for updates automatically. ” How do you know that? Quote from toppi: “I have no idea where to start with that issue. ” omv-mkconf cron-apt will re-create the cron job.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from .H.: “Would you i copy everything in PM ? ” No. Quote from .H.: “i need to re-do the complete installation ? ” You gave me no additional info. Post the entire output of apt-get -f install

• Quote from integros: “When I try to look at the sftp logs, I get also an error: ” Click the clear button in the log viewer. The log viewer doesn't create (and shouldn't) the log file if it doesn't exist. Quote from integros: “I'm starting to wonder if it's an odroid problem (u-boot?) ” This has nothing to do with the device. The plugin uses the same ssh package that you ssh into the system with. I just tried it on a fresh install and an arm board (renegade) and it works fine. Not sure why your s…

• Quote from tkaiser: “still missing? ” Not sure what happened. Uploading it now.

• Quote from infestdead: “after all it's an official plugin right? Shouldn't it work out of the box? ” It does on my systems. The problem is people change things and that is why the plugin has dependencies. You aren't meeting those dependencies. Maybe you have backports disabled? the virtualbox package itself lives in the Debian backports. So, you must have backports enabled if you want to use the plugin.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from .H.: “and at the end : ” You got an error code while installing but still ran omv-initsystem? That is not something you should do. You are also not giving me enough info to help you. The error was caused by nginx and openmediavault not installing but the errors are further back in the code. Quote from .H.: “i don't understand why it's impossible to install it. ( directly, from debian ) on USB on HDD. ” It isn't. I have done it many times.

• It looks like your repos are incorrect. If you are on OMV 4, it should not be looking for php5. I think you probably had an old version of the plugin but with so many errors, I would start over.

• Quote from tkaiser: “can you please upload ” Uploading now.