Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Which plugins to keep

oipenguin - - Updates/Upgrades

It turns out Docker wasn't necessary. apt --fix-broken install solved my problem. I started looking into Docker which is interesting but confusing. I've not been able to find a howto or guide which explains Docker in OMV from the basics. If there is such a guide, please point me to it.

• Which plugins to keep

Quote from oipenguin: “Also: I've got logitechmediaserver (Squeezebox) installed the usual debian-way (apt-get install). Is this likely to be an issue when upgrading? ” It turns out that logitechmediaserver requires libio-socket-ssl-perl which apparently isn't in Debian 9 and I've not found an obvious way of installing libio-socket-ssl-perl. That's something I need to figure out before I upgrade my main system. I'd be grateful for suggestions of how I solve this.

• Which plugins to keep

Quote from gderf: “Don't wait for OMV 3.x plugins that have not been ported to OMV 4.x. Many will never be ported. The Downloaders section was particularly hard hit. The general consensus seem to be that Dockers are going to replace plugins in many cases. So just go with Dockers. ” I did the upgrade on a reserve system and it appeared to work great. I'll upgrade my main system as well once I've done a little bit more testing. I'm not yet familiar with Dockers, but I'll look into that.

• Which plugins to keep

Thanks! I'll add those then.

• Which plugins to keep

I've read the information stating that plugins not available in 4.x needs to be uninstalled, but would appreciate if someone could confirm my selection. From what I can tell, my 3.x system has the following plugins (Y means available in 4.x, N means not available i 4.x, X = part of OMV-extras): Y transmission Y minidlna Y plexmediaserver Y locate Y omv-extras N couchpotato X N sonarr X N forkeddaapd N shairport Is it correct that the bottom four are not available in 4.x? Of those I can manage fi…

• No ethernet

oipenguin - - Network

Quote from tkaiser: “Similar error message and same card: Suddenly OMV 3 needs 5 mins to boot ” Yeah, that might exactly my problem. While I've been posting the system has eventually booted and I can finally access the web interface. Thread solve, I suppose, although to summarize for future readers. Double and triple check you network cables. That was the only real problem in this thread. Thanks for all help

• No ethernet

oipenguin - - Network

It turned out to be a disconnected network cable somewhere in between the router and the server. I've successfully connected to the network now, however I've now got an issue where the system appears to be stuck during boot at: Started Update UTMP about System Boot/Shutdown I don't know if my attempt at trouble shooting has caused the problem. I managed to boot into recovery mode. The server was assigned the appropriate IP, I could ping external sites, but I could not access the OMV web interfac…

• No ethernet

oipenguin - - Network

lspci shows among other things ... 00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel .. 00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel .. 00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel .. ... 02:00.0 Ethernet Controller: Realtek Semiconductor ... 03:00.0 PCI Bridge: ASMedia ...

• No ethernet

oipenguin - - Network

Two side notes. 1. During boot I receive an error saying [FAILED] Failed to start Enable File System Quatos However, from what I gather by reading the forum this is unrelated to my network issues. 2. I've got a realtek rtl8111/8168/8411 pci express ethernet card. There have been issues with this card on Linux, however since I've got a system which have worked for a long time I belive it is unlikely that this is the source of my problem. Or is it likely that an upgrade of OMV have caused problems…

• No ethernet

oipenguin - - Network

Yeah, The first time i tried omv-firstaid I received (this might have been in recovery mode): ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory. The second time I received: Error: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin: ... export LANG=C monit monitor collectd 2>&1' with exit cod '1': Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- Cannot assign requested address

• No ethernet

oipenguin - - Network

My OMV v.3 has suddenly lost Internet access. I've connected a monitor and keyboard to troubleshoot. As I can't copy and paste terminal output I'll rewrite here what I belive is essential info and output and would greatly appreciate some help solving this. root@omv: ifconfig Eth0 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr: "mac-address" ... lo Link encap: Local Loopback inet addr: 127.0.0.1 Mask: 255.0.0.0 root@omv: ifup eth0 Listing on LPF/eth0/"mac-address" DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 int…

• Unable to update

oipenguin - - General

I've reconnected my router so both servers are now connected with the previously used IP-addresses. Both servers now appear to be working flawlessly. root@server-which-had-dns-issue:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8) # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN nameserver 192.168.1.1 search e12b root@working-server:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by res…

• Unable to update

oipenguin - - General

root@server-with-dns-issue:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8) # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN nameserver 84.208.20.110 nameserver 84.208.20.111 search e12b getinternet.no root@e12b-server:~# root@working-server:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8) # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN nameserver 84.…

• Unable to update

oipenguin - - General

I've not got access to my server from where I am now so I'm unable to post the output of cat /etc/resolv.conf however I've got no doubt this is a DNS-issue. I attempted [i]dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf[/i] to update /etc/resolv.conf but the settings remained unchanged. I've also tried changing from dhcp to static ip, but it hasn't solved the problem.

• Unable to update

oipenguin - - General

Nope root@my-server:~# sudo -- sh -c 'apt-get update; apt-get upgrade -y; apt-get dist-upgrade -y; apt-get autoremove -y' Ign file: InRelease Ign file: Release.gpg Ign file: Release Ign file: Translation-en 46% [Connecting to ftp.no.debian.org] [Connecting to security.debian.org] [Connecting ... Unable to resolve.

• Unable to update

oipenguin - - General

Due to change of router I've become unable to update my system and also have major problems running various services. I've got two servers with similar configurations (probably identical), however I've only got a problem with the new one (my major server, the old one is for testing and playing). I've got access via the web interface and ssh, however I'm unable to do much of any use, such as accessing logitech mediaserver or plex, or simply do an update. I've attempted several solutions including…

• Add disks to raid

oipenguin - - RAID

I'm planning to install OMV on my server after a great period of testing OMV on old hardware. I've currently got two 3TB disks for storage (plus one SSD for OMV). My question is: Will I be able to add one similar disk to my raid setup at a later time if I set up my system now with a Raid created with two disks? Assuming it is possible (and easy) to add disks later, are there any important reasons why I should do that investment now rather than postpone it? Sidenote: The purpose of my OMV is to a…