Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 534.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wakealarm spamming error in syslog

Blabla - - Plugins

Thanks for the answer. than how can I modify my rsyslog.conf file to silence it? It's hard to find the log I'm looking for otherwise. Or is it possible to have wakealarm log in a different file instead of syslog?

Blabla - - Plugins

how can I do that? Also: this is the configuration. I don't have any job every minute

• Dependency failed?

Blabla - - General

Hi everyone! I was looking inside my syslog and I found this weird log: Source Code (5 lines)It repeat itself every 5 minutes, but I don't get what does it mean and how to resolve it

Blabla - - Plugins

Hi everyone, I noticed right now that the plug-in wakealarm is spamming this error in syslog: Source Code (3 lines)I found that there are other people with the same error in the forum, but no one answered to how avoid this problem. Can this be resolved with a wakealarm update? Otherwise there is some way to avoid this entry to be spammed in the syslog every minute?

• Received SMART error from my nas

Blabla - - General

Hi everyone. I just received this error but I don't get what does it mean: My Delibird NAS: SMART error (Usage) detected on host: delibird on the Tue, 4 Sep 2018 23:29:14 +0200 (CEST) This message was generated by the smartd daemon running on: host name: delibird DNS domain: local The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon: Device: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST6000VN0041-2EL11C_ZA18NGET [SAT], Failed SMART usage Attribute: 190 Airflow_Temperature_Cel. Device info: ST6000VN0041-2EL11C, …

• Best silent micro ATX case?

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Sadly I can't ran more cables the two cables that I have is all what I can have

• Hi, I need to turn off my NAS for some days, should I install the new 4.17 kernel or is better to remain with the 4.16?

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Quote from gderf: “Is there some reason you can't run a headless server and place it somewhere it can't be heard? Mine is in my gun safe. ” Sadly yes My home is old and I don't have ethernet plug everywhere.

Blabla - - My NAS Build

Hi everyone!I'm looking for a case for my NAS.The most important thing is that has to be silent and has 6 HDD's slots.Other than that I want it to be small if possible since it's a nas/media server and I already have a micro ATX motherboard. I found 3 cases for now: - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 80€ -> not exactly the best looking case, but it's the only one with sound dampening everywhere; - Fractal Design node 804 100€ -> smallest one, and it also has a classic NAS form factor; - Coolermaster N300 …

• Hi everyone! Right now I have a RAID1 and a ZFS mirror configured on my NAS. I was thinking about undo both the RAID1 and ZFS-mirror and using a sync job instead. This way I can have a little versioning in case I accidentally delete something. Is it possibile to undo a RAID1 or ZFS-Mirror without losing my data? If yes, how?

• Guys looking at the status of the scrubs I noticed that I can upgrade my pool. Should I do it after the scrub? I don't have a backup of the data on my ZFS mirror, is it a risky operation?

• EDIT: wrong topic

• Thanks! What's the command to launch a scrub? I will create a job inside "schedule job"

• Guys I was looking into my NAS settings and I noticed that the last scrub with my ZFS pool is from 6 months ago D: Should I do a scrib now? Also: do you suggest to do a scrub every week? How can I do that?

• Help me to rebuild my NAS

Blabla - - General

Quote from gderf: “Sorry, but I neglected to mention that taking a SnapRAID parity file to another machine and being able to use it to restore lost data would also mean you have to take all the remaining other disks that are part of the array too. That is to say that the parity file alone is not enough to restore a lost disk. The other remaining disks in the array are required to be present also if a restore is to be attempted. ” That was I was looking for. I know that rsync is a lot more expans…

Blabla - - General

Thanks a lot again Quote: “Plex doesn't have what I can describe as "portable" application settings. They are contained in with the metadatbase directory, and mine is well over 100GB and it grows about 5GB per day. The others have configuration directories that are portable, but if you are running these apps in dockers, you need the docker container data and OMV's docker plugin configuration (not portable) to go with them if you think restoring this stuff will be easy. I just don't see anything …

Blabla - - General

Thanks for the help! I will answer to everything, hope to clear what my intentions are Quote from gderf: “From what I have read so far, there will be no way to upgrade an OMV 4 to an OMV 5, so, regardless of what filesystem you choose for the OS drive, you'll have to do a fresh install from scratch. So picking BTFS for OMV 4 just for this reason gets you nothing. Also, I have a very hard time believing that EXT4 will be completely abandoned. If I can't use my existing on OMV 4 data array of 32TB…

Blabla - - General

Hi everyone, I built my first NAS 2 years ago and after those two years and the help of many of you I think I'm ready to rethink my NAS from the scartch. Right know I have: -a 60GB ext4 SSD for OMV -1 RAID1 of 4TB as EXT4 - 1 ZFS Mirror of 6TB Right now I still don't have 4TB of data so I'm still in time to rebuild everything from the beginning. What I need is a NAS that will work flowlessy without particul problem or manteinance. I will use it mostly for backup my photo (I also have an external…

• Quote from hoppel118: “@Blabla Read my post directly before your post. I had the same problem. I couldn‘t find another solution than that, but it works. If you use your nas for business purposes, it may not be a solution to do that, because you have to shutdown the server twice. But I am not a developer, maybe there is something that can be rewritten/changed at the plugin or maybe there is something else that can be done... By the way, I didn’t recognize that the main issue of this thread was so…

• Quote from ellnic: “Quote from MasterChillerX: “So the ZFS Plugin was updatet today and erverything works fine with a fresh installed and updatet omv 4.1.7 with 4.16.0.bpo.1. Massive thanks to subzero79 and ryecoaaron for updating the plugin and helping a novice like me ” Nice. I have just updated the plugin here too, and can confirm that I now see ZFS pools in the dropdown. Go to the ZFS tab first and accept the config changes, then to the shared folders - and they are there! Nice work @ryecoaa…