Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can't create shared folder

flmaxey - - General

I've noticed that you're posting "getting started" type problems. Take a look at this Guide; and take the time to start a clean build from scratch. Then, wipe a single drive, format it with EXT4, set up a shared folder and, finally, set up an SMB network share. (It's all in the Guide.) ______________________________________________________ If it works, you can undo the practice run by: Deleting the SMB network share Delete the shared folder Select and unmount the drive (in file systems) Delete t…

• How about something for Urbackup, for beginners? Something like: 1. Installing the plugin - create an admin user. 2. How to relocate the client backup save directory, from the boot drive, to a data disk. 3. Install the client side app., on a Windows box. (Easy enough.) 4. How to find a new client on the server side. (IP address is reliable, for first contact.) 5. Get the restore ISO from the supporting web site. 6. Restoring a client The core of the above is -> here. For those who prefer Vid's, …

• Keine neuen Freigaben möglich

flmaxey - - General

Verwenden Sie das Plug-in openmediavault-usbbackup 4.0.7-1? (Bedauern - wird für ein paar Tage weg sein. Zurück am kommenden Wochenende.)

flmaxey - - General

Das ist interessant. Haben Sie das USB-Laufwerk jedes Mal mit OMV 2 und 3 mounten und entladen? Durch meine Erfahrung: Wenn unter Speicher, Dateisysteme ein Laufwerk gemountet ist und darauf verwiesen wird (Ja), fehlt - wenn das Laufwerk getrennt oder ausgeschaltet ist -. Wenn sich freigegebene Ordner auf dem fehlenden Laufwerk befinden, werden Fehlerdialogfelder angezeigt. Ich habe nie eine externe Festplatte benutzt, Teilzeit, also weiß ich nicht, wie ich sie für die automatische Bereitstellun…

• Unable to start a VM in Virtualbox

flmaxey - - Plugins

There's not enough info to even guess. I mean, the OS you're trying to start could have been loaded from a corrupted disk - the OS may not be suited to run on your virtualized hardware, etc., etc., etc. Running a guest operating system, using software to spoof the OS into believing it's running on hardware, brings with it a near endless set of potential issues. Download something simple, that's designed to be highly compatible, like Knoppix or Puppy Linux and try to set one of them up. See what …

flmaxey - - General

OMV ist für permanent montierte Medien konzipiert. Dies beinhaltet USB-Festplatten. Standardmäßig lädt OMV keine Festplatten, nachdem der Server hochgefahren wurde. Wenn eine Festplatte nicht verbunden ist, wird möglicherweise ein Fehler angezeigt - fehlendes Laufwerk -. Möglicherweise können Sie "usbautomount" verwenden, es handelt sich jedoch um ein Add-On, das möglicherweise nicht unterstützt wird. Wenn es zuvor montierte wurde, ist es am besten, wenn ein externes USB-Laufwerk angeschlossen i…

• If the ZFS vdev is visible in the plugin, look at "State" and "Status". If you see State (ONLINE) and Status (OK), the pool is up and running. It's not necessary format it, or mount it, using Storage, Filesystems. (This is normal. It's not a problem.) Storage, Filesystems is not for ZFS - it's for file systems like EXT4, XFS, etc.

• Managing user rights

flmaxey - - CIFS/SMB

In the unlikely event that something goes severely wrong, have you backed up your SD-Card? ________________________________________________________________________ (Note that this is not the most secure way to setup - however.) If all of the users, on your network, log into their PC's with unique User names and passwords: Under Access Rights Management, Users, you'd need to set up the same exact user names on OMV, with the exact same passwords, as they are set on the Windows PC's. (Note: Linux i…

• Expanding JBOD

flmaxey - - General

Physically install the disk. In the left side menu in the GUI: Under Storage, Disks, find your new drive , select it and wipe it, with the wipe button. (DON"T WIPE AN EXISTING DRIVE.) Then go to Storage, File Systems and click the Create button. A dialog box pops up: In the Device line, select your wiped drive. On the Label line give the drive a short name. Then, select a format type on the File System line. If you're note sure, EXT4 is probably the best choice. _________________________________…

• Expanding JBOD

flmaxey - - General

Usually, but the answer is, "it depends". (Mostly on the number of physical ports available.) What's your OMV set up and how many disks (and their format) do you currently have connected? And since you said "JBOD", the assumption is RAID is not part of your setup.

• So you're saying that you took a USB drive with an OMV build, from another PC (hardware), and it worked without modification on your N54L? The opensource world comes up a NIC driver that will work with multi-cards... That's remarkable. (BTW: My full size server "beeps" two different ways, when it's boot up and shutting down. I can tell, by sound, when it's up and running or when shutdown is complete, but I could easily live without that. ) Yeah - with Pi-Hole in a Docker, using Mac-Vlan int, tha…

• And yet, the accuracy of the original post remains - Quote from flmaxey: “One can have both - ECC and low cost. For some of the older tech (which a G7 N54L is) used 4GB ECC UDIMM sticks can be had for around $20 to $25. After a few days of testing with memtest86, if they work they work. ” This is just extraneous spin on it ----| ............................................v Quote from tkaiser: “'if they work they work' -- ECC RAM even if tested successfully needs monitoring since otherwise it's …

• Asking for a opinion

flmaxey - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “But hey, I've no idea what you're talking about anyway all the time: ” How could you? - when your entire world is about, you. Have you ever thought about the reasons why you're banned from other forums? Maybe it has something to do with (OCD) and having to be "right" all the time.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from flmaxey: “For some of the older tech (which a G7 N54L is) used 4GB ECC UDIMM sticks can be had for around $20 to $25. After a few days of testing with memtest86, if they work they work. ” Nope. Again: zdnet.com/article/dram-error-rates-nightmare-on-dimm-street/ These are reported errors from ECC DRAM in the field. If you do not have ECC DRAM then of course also bit flips happen from time to time. But there is no mechanism that tells you 'DIMM 3 threw 2 errors with…

• Asking for a opinion

flmaxey - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “How many more times? A1 rated SD cards from sellers that provide a 'no questions asked' return/refund policy. The brand is irrelevant, it's the specs they meet. A1 rated means: These cards are developed today, they're not made from scraps as the average card out there maybe combining refurbished flash dies with ancient controllers. Getting USB3 gear instead of USB2 gear even if it's only to connect it to USB2 ports serves the same purpose: Avoid buying crap. Buy recent techn…

• Quote from geaves: “I'm not gonna take sides here but I have to agree with @tkaiser the beast I have is the old school server 4GB Ram single Xeon processor and it served 250 + users and was running Windows Server 2008. The new one has 32GB Ram and an 8 core Xeon running Windows Server 2012 with 6 VM's one of those VM's requires a minimum of 8GB (which turned into 12GB minimum in the end, runs a 'heavy' db and finance software) ” While it's off topic; in a campus environment, I wouldn't be OK wit…

• Asking for a opinion

flmaxey - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from flmaxey: “a recommendation for "A2" SD-cards ” Why? A2 rated cards are too expensive since only SanDisk produces them currently and capacities start at 64 GB. What is this recommendation for? ” (There's that "fixation", quoting a single item, while ignoring overall content.) Believe it or not A2 (versus A1) was a typo. When writing a 70+ page document, it's guaranteed to contain a couple errors. If you don't believe that, try it some time. Personally, I didn't bot…

• Quote from diogenes: “I have sets backup HDDs stored at my office and at my parents. At one point I had considered LTO tape but HDD prices kept dropping. Insane that 6TB can be had for $150 these days. Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk ” You're definitely set, even with off-site backup. Years ago I looked at tape backup but they tend to be slow and, when compared to just using another hard drive, not worth the hassle.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from flmaxey: “Other than a bit more power consumption, there's is no down side to having more ram. ” Wrong. At least if you prefer buying cheap and don't rely on ECC RAM. The more DRAM you have the more often bit flips will happen. If you like (silent) data corruption this is a great recipe for just that. zdnet.com/article/dram-error-rates-nightmare-on-dimm-street/ ” One can have both - ECC and low cost. For some of the older tech (which a G7 N54L is) used 4GB ECC UDI…

• Quote from diogenes: “I'm downsizing and consolidating everything. I'm coming from the stone age. I built a large desktop which had been powered on 24x7 for file/printer sharing (also for photo developing along with other productivity work)... worked for years but now everyone in the family has laptops and don't touch the desktop. My thinkpad carbon is good enough for lightroom so I had been looking at retiring the big mother desktop which includes all my photos and 6,000 CD music collection in …