Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 258.

• @tkaiser - thanks for working on the rock64 armbian OMV4 build. Decided to try it out instead of the ayufan image. Seems really solid so far. What is the difference between the two builds (ayufan v armbian) and will any new fixes/stuff from ayufan come across into the armbian setup?

• Docker GUI plugin for armhf on OMV 3

jata1 - - Plugins

I have moved everything over to rock64 on docker but I don't need plex on rock64 (as I run this on my mac mini). I don't use zoneminder either so can't really help you. I did test docker/plex on mt rock64 and it worked fine. First question I have to be able to help further is what version/build of OMV on rock64 are you using and is this arm64 or armhf?

• hard to say what is causing the slow speed using transmission. Best way to test is to use transmission as a standard OMV plugin vs the docker to see if there is a big increase. As there is VPN on the docker, that might be the cause. I'd have more info myself but I have moved to Sydney and where i live the internet speed is a joke compared to london so i'm just happy VPN/Transmission is working well.

• by the way the docker plugin for OMV4 is working great on my Raspberry pi. I have installed docker using the plugin and setup docker-trans-ovpn manually. Once setup it is ready to start/stop etc direct from the OMV GUI. If you are just setting this up as a downloading box, OMV4 (stretch) is a good choice as it will continue to get security updates etc.

• This is most likely that you need execute permissions on /etc/openvpn/start.sh (and maybe number of of other files). You can change permissions in linux using chmod +x

• OK. No worries. Just tinkering/learning... I have a RTC spare and wanted to see if I could get it working in the rock64

• @tkaiser - can you help me a little getting a RTC on i2c / GPIO working on my rock64? On a RPI you add the dts overlay commands to config.txt in /boot but I don't know how to do this on rock64 / OMV 4. The dt commands that I think are needed are below - just have no idea how/where to apply these settings during the kernel boot sequence on rock64. dtparam=i2c_arm=on dtoverlay=i2c-rtc,ds3231 I checked with ayufan and he says that GPIO is configured and a RTC should just work but it doesn't. Any id…

• Thanks. Working fine now.

• Hi all, I don't really use a RTC on my boards any more as fake-hwclock and the default config seems to work quite well. But a few people have asked me about RTC on OMV 4. So here are the steps that seem to work well for me. I am starting with the latest/clean OMV 4 for RPI - from the downloads section of the OMV website. 1. Install the RTC onto the board - I have an old post that shows where it goes Guide for installing a real time clock RTC in a raspberry pi on OMV 3 (jessie) 2. Add the followi…

• Hi all, I'm running latest OMV build 4.1.8-1. I wanted to enable monitoring on my RPI to test that date/time data does not cause an issue on a reboot with monitoring after installing a RTC. When I try to enable monitoring in the GUI, I get the error below. Tried the same thing (enabling monitoring on my other board) - a rock64 - and I get the same error. So it might be a bug with the latest OMV release. error: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/u…

• Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

jata1 - - General

thanks. I'm happy with this. I use DHCP with reserved IPs. I didn't even notice eth0 v ethxxxx until seeing this thread,

jata1 - - General

@tkaiser - forgot to mention that my rock64 is using the ayufan's latest OMV4 armhf image and it uses eth0 for the network. why/how is this given its OMV 4 / Deb 9?

jata1 - - General

It's quite easy to either remove the file or comment out the duplicated line if the etc/apt config file - that's what I did. I think what @tkaiser is saying is that it's just the OMV GUI that is reporting there is an error - rather than it being a minor issue with the apt-get update process which still completes OK. A tip from me as an intermediate noob is that i always run an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade from the CLI (using ssh) as you get a better view of what happening and any errors. I…

jata1 - - General

I have the same situation with the eth0 having a long name on my RPi install. I don't have any errors though and I had no issues adding the adapter in the network settings. I think the long name for eth0 is by design?

jata1 - - General

@danigarra - raspberry pi is not the best choice for a NAS / SAMBA / PLEX server... But it does work - just performance is not great...

jata1 - - General

@tkaiser - thanks for the work on these I have tested on my trusty RPi - you'll be pleased to know that I now only use the RPi for testing stuff and not a NAS. I have a rock64 as my main server. Using the latest ayufan OMV4 build. This is working well. Output below from my RPi ix.io/1c4Y Initial observations are it is good. Only things that i noted in the logs are: 1. watchdog module not present so it fails - I have disabled watchdog using - systemctl disable watchdog 2. something is not working…

• thanks. That worked. I have had some issues with the rock64 with clean 0.6.41 today. a couple of kernel panics and system restarting randomly. So I'm not yet ready to move from 0.5 which is very stable. Have you had any issues with 0.6 / stretch / OMV - i'm using the armhf version?

• Plex Plugin or Docker CE Plex

jata1 - - Plugins

That will be fine running docker! Just a bit better performance than my Raspberry pi lol

• haha. I know but it annoys me. If it's really not needed then I would like to stop the service from trying to start... There is a file in etc/defaults that I think is used to start it. can I just delete this file? Hope all is well with you @tkaiser!

• Hi all, The ayufan 0.6 build stretch/armhf/omv4 has recently been released as stable so I have done a clean/fresh install of this onto a spare SD card to test. Install is fine and OMV is up and running. Looking at the logs, the only thing that does not look right is that the watchdog daemon does not start. extract from my log below. Any ideas what this could be and how to troubleshoot? @tkaiser - any help from you appreciated. many thanks! May 26 08:34:25 rock64 systemd[1]: Starting watchdog dae…