Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• install OMV on my NAS with usb Key

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from .H.: “what can i do ? ” use it. probably install omv-extras and the zfs plugin if your data drives are using zfs.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from .H.: “how can i run it ? ” It is running. See the line that says Active: active (running) That tells me that the web interface should be working. ip addr will tell you the systems address. Put that address in the url bar of a browser on a different system. Quote from .H.: “my old system was on ZFS before . How can i reconstruct that with the pool ( like it was before i think for access to my data ) ” one thing at a time.

• SATA card

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from GTvert90: “Should I just run it as a RAID card? ” I never did. I used it as a sata/sas card with nice cabling. I did use a 9260 as a raid card for a while. Quote from GTvert90: “If I ran hardware RAID and the card shit out I'd have to track down the same card correct? ” Yes but you can get these cards cheap enough (ebay) that you could just buy two. Quote from GTvert90: “Or is it just that in theoretically I can take my 6 drives that are software RAID, move them to a new system and ev…

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from .H.: “and now how can i run it ? ” It should be "running". What is the output of: systemctl status openmediavault-engined

• SATA card

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from GTvert90: “I thought I might be better off getting a SATA card (not RAID card). Does anyone have any suggestions so I don't have to worry about compatibility issues with OMV? ” LSI 9211-8i/Dell H200/Dell H310/IBM M1015 (they all can be flashed with the 9211 IT mode bios). While it is a raid card, when flashed with IT mode firmware, it acts like a sata card and works much better

• Quote from epsilon2: “can u tell me please which system is using the drive? debian or omv. ” OMV is a web interface running on Debian. If you are using usbbackup, then rsync is using the drive. Quote from epsilon2: “i am trying to copy around 1.5 TB and I am unsure what is going on. The process is running for 20h now. ” If you are connected via usb2 and/or have a slow drive, 1.5TB can take a long time to transfer. In the web interface, Diagnostics -> System Information -> Processes would show yo…

ryecoaaron - - General

apt-get install openmediavault should work then.

• Quote from epsilon2: “I am new ” You posted this thread five times. Please see problem #4 Solutions to common problems As for your problem, the system is using the drive. Not sure what you are trying to re-enable.

• crash omv-mkconf and omv-update

ryecoaaron - - General

I hope you didn't say yes to removing all of those packages. I would try: apt-get install --reinstall python3.5 python3 python3-apt

ryecoaaron - - General

That looks fine. Now: apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix Post the output

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from foresthus: “By the way, trying to edit anything using the gui, these tries are failing aswell. ” That is because python is in a bad state. No need to use the gui until the packages are fixed.

ryecoaaron - - General

Answering all of my questions will only help you. What is the output of: apt-get -f install

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from foresthus: “And your anwser to the sutuation is not very helpful. ” In Volker's defense, the errors you are getting are very unusual for a system that has not been tampered with. What is the output of the following: dpkg -l | grep -v ^ii dpkg -l | grep openm Also, why were you using omv-update? Was something not working in the web interface?

• Quote from integros: “I never questioned that armbian normally supports all these things. All I am saying is that on the Ondroid HC1 I can't chroot sftp. ” An odroid and the renegade have the same userland. They just have a different kernel (and uboot). I don't think the kernel is causing this. I will find my xu4 when I have a chance to try this. Can you post the output of: omv-showkey sftp

• Quote from mcmanuf: “I wanted to install vsftpd because I need multiple chroot enviroments. Not sure it can be done with proftpd. ” use docker. there is a plugin. Quote from mcmanuf: “But to come back to the questions. Is this expected behaviour on apt-get in openmediavault??? Why does this package want to remove openmediavault, and all the other packages? ” Yes, you are trying to install a package that conflicts with a dependency of OMV. You are telling it to install the new package and if you …

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from .H.: “even if i re-execute everything. ? ” The command you are executing appends lines to the openmediavault.list file. So, it adds the same line every time you run it. Quote from .H.: “i juste need to remove the line ? ” nano is a text editor that will allow you to remove the line. Quote from .H.: “and how can i access to omv after that ? ” One thing at a time. We are trying to fix your sources before you fix anything else. Maybe you should look a few basic Linux tutorials. It would …

• Quote from mebrunner24: “Any thoughts on why that would be the case? ” openvpn can be setup so many ways that I'm guessing that is why dns is not resolving properly. I don't use either so I wouldn't be the one to debug that setup.

• Quote from mebrunner24: “I'm sorry, but there doesn't seem to be anything related to DNS. I'm sure i'm missing something. Is there something specific I should be looking for? ” Are you reading problem #6? It tells you exactly where to set DNS. System -> Network -> Interfaces. How is that not related to DNS? Was that not your question? If that is empty, it is definitely a problem (unless you are using dhcp). If you don't know what to use for the dns address, 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 or your router's IP…

• Quote from mebrunner24: “How can I accomplish this? I'm experiencing the same issue as above. I don't have DuckDNS installed like the OP ” See problem #6 - Solutions to common problems

ryecoaaron - - General

nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list remove the duplicate lines ctrl-o to save ctrl-x to exit apt-get update