Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 54.

• Update/CloudBackup Question

jgganeto - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from ryecoaaron: “If you are using OMV for business, then you shouldn't have the plugins installed that would make OMV 4.x unstable. OMV 4.x is pure Debian 9. It just has a web interface to change settings. If you are like me and rarely change settings on your production server, it will be just as stable as Debian 9. ” Thanks Ryecoaaron. I like to say that I've been in the forum in the past and you guys always helped me so much! I love this community! Like I've said I'm a OMV user already …

Thanks Macom for your time attention and tips. My only concern is that the OMV 4.0 version is not stable yet... For a Home environment it might be ok... But am I risking my bussiness server with a testing version? I could play safe and go to pure Debian 9, but I really like OMV and it has been with me for ages...

Hello Folks. Before I beging I want to let you all know this is more like a "need an advice" topic then a "help with a problem" one. I've been using OMV for a while now (as my company NAS), I only use it for SFTP and SAMBA/CIFS Shares on my network. Currently we're running a Stoneburner copy, up to date to the latest updates. Recently the idea of making backups or hiring a service like BlackBlaze arose in our office. Our goal is to put an encripted copy of our server out of our own facilities. T…

• hey @subzero79 I'm facing the same problem here although in my case I don't have access to my client's ftp client... There's any way to change that on the server side? otherwise I'll probably have to start traveling the country to update my software manually... not to mention some code lines I'll have to deal with (actually my crew, but still...)

• Quote from davidh2k: “Thats not an error you should be concerned about. Those two folders simply can't be altered with setfacl” Thanks David... I ended up formatting and doing it all over again which resolved my problems... But thank you, now if I encounter that error again I'll take what you've said as noted!

• Plex Update Notification

Thanks everyone.... In my case I just prefer to wait for an proper update... no rush here Thanks

• Plex Update Notification

I'm not sure if this is in the right section and it's a fairly simple question really... Every-time I log in into my Plex Server it gives me a warning that it has an update available and a link to a deb file follows... The question is... Should I download this and install on update section? Or search Google for a way to update this properly? or just wait for a plex plugin update be available through the Update Section in OMV? Not sure what to do here... Just wanted a quick advice...

• Mounting wasn't the problem bud... I couldn't even unmount my drives in openmediavault admin webui... All programs like Plex got some kind of permission issue... Now that I had the time I did the hole installation again, reformatted the hole server from scratch, and now, everything works... I don't know what was the problem but mounting wasn't it... Like I've said I made an uninstallation of OwnCloud Plugin, after that I updated the server and after that I've changed the admin passwords (which I…

• I did help myself and found this in other location... And I'm sorry for bugging I really am... I've tried the answer that you advised me of and from that other website and still got nothing... Like I've said I can't even unmount my disks in OMV through webUi only as root in the terminal... So could this be another problem that has nothing to do with mounting issues? Btw, off topic here: I love this community The best folks I ever found online, that made me change all my NAS to OMV so I really th…

• Sorry for asking but I'm a noob... So, this is a mount problem on my desktop? not a server one? If so, I know it's not a OMV question but... Can you help me mount this the right way? I don't wanna abuse your kindness... If need be I'll close this question as a non related to OMV!

• Can Anyone Help me out?

• I Don't have Quotas On... Don't even know how to turn them on actually...

• I've just tried to clear the ACL's by the WebUi with the admin account and got Permissions Denied: Source Code (4 lines) I guess the update or the owncloud installation didn't went well... I can't Unmount my partitions as well... Aparently I have no more permissions with the admin account... I'm assuming that btw...

• Ok guys here's the picture: 1. Two days ago I reformatted my desktop (linux debian) 2. I've updated OMV and uninstalled owncloud Problem: I Can mount a etx4 but can't write to disk like before, with same credentials! more info: My client FSTAB line: Source Code (1 line) I have no firewall Rules and everything is set to give read/write permissions like before when was working. It's an etx4 partition!!! Another maybe valid info is that I've changed my admin password recently... After this problem …

• thanks my servers now have different looks a plug-in would be still a nice idea tough....

• FreeNas to OMV migration

jgganeto - - General

thanks everything went well... I'll set this to closed

• Sorry for the long post... I Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C and Pasted here....

• Source Code (108 lines) ....